TV Experience in Kodi
Hi all,
Is there a any skin, guide, or addon, Wich makes experience using Kodi as watching like a traditional TV?
(2015-12-10, 18:06)mister1 Wrote: Hi all,
Is there a any skin, guide, or addon, Wich makes experience using Kodi as watching like a traditional TV?

PseudoTV Live?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I've been looking for different player controls or a screen widget for live tv viewing that resembles the functions of an actually TV remote (numeric channel input, last channels list, prev.channel, etc.). I just cant find it. I used to program in C+, but haven't looked into doing any kodi skinning but that may be my only recourse. I,ve tried Kore, virtual mice /kbd apps for my android phone, but none have really comfortable user experience,
I run Kodi 15.2 on a Win7 laptop using a wireless mouse as input. Is there no good android remote that actually function like a remote, or even a pop-up screen widget that can do these functions.
Even a pop-up virtual keyboard that can be "longclicked" up while in live TV.
Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
note: I know i can buy an IR usb receiver.
Thanks/kens
(2015-12-10, 21:15)shooty Wrote: I've been looking for different player controls or a screen widget for live tv viewing that resembles the functions of an actually TV remote (numeric channel input, last channels list, prev.channel, etc.). I just cant find it. I used to program in C+, but haven't looked into doing any kodi skinning but that may be my only recourse. I,ve tried Kore, virtual mice /kbd apps for my android phone, but none have really comfortable user experience,
I run Kodi 15.2 on a Win7 laptop using a wireless mouse as input. Is there no good android remote that actually function like a remote, or even a pop-up screen widget that can do these functions.
Even a pop-up virtual keyboard that can be "longclicked" up while in live TV.
Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
note: I know i can buy an IR usb receiver.
Thanks/kens

I forked Kodi a few months ago and started playing around with LiveTV.

My long term goal is to add a settop box like functionality, something akin to TiVo. Kodi already provides a lot of functionality, but needs something to bring it all together.

For now PseudoTV Live emulates the settop experience and is fully skinable.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Using PseudoTV Live will give you the power to walk away from the Paid Cable TV ! All your doing is paying them to do programming..... Let Lunatixz PseudoTV live or as we call it PTVL do the random programming for you. For starters it will use the internet to find programming using Youtube and other sources. But if you really want to have it all you need a Library with Movies and TV shows already on your hard drive.
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
I'm expecting more of the experience like wacthing a tv. When pressing a number button on the remote the pressed channel must show up. Is that possible with PseudoTv?
(2015-12-29, 20:28)mister1 Wrote: I'm expecting more of the experience like wacthing a tv. When pressing a number button on the remote the pressed channel must show up. Is that possible with PseudoTv?

yes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Experience in Kodi0