Scraper JustUseTheFileName stopped working since V15.x
(2016-02-06, 01:41)mrjwm2 Wrote: This is now become interesting to me, lol.

I have tested with the addition of an advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder. I can get the scraper to return the complete file names. The weird thing is that the 2 Big Bang episodes work fine with ONLY the addition of the advancedsettings.xml. The Handball show requires a change in the file name, albeit a simple change. You will need to shorten the year to 2 digits (i.e. 2013 will be 13).

By default Kodi cleans and strips certain text found in a file name when the scraper iniates. see here: cleanstrings

It seems like Kodi's clean action after a regex match is different when it matches year ( 2 digits - 2- digits - 4 digits /or/ 4 digits - 2 digits - 2digits) versus an episode match (multi regex are used to match episode)

Additionally, Kodi has a failsafe in place to not clean/eliminate the complete file name, which would be not so nice.

I have looked at the code and could make a change given time, but it would be best to edit your file name (shorten the year) and add the advancedsettings.xml

The advancedsettings.xml is really blank, as it matches nothing. But it works. I tried it blank (below) and with (.+) or (....) all the three work with the filename year change.... weird!

I think this is an okay solution to your problem. I can see why you want to see the teams of an event, as well as the date.

Copy and paste below to notepad, save as advancedsettings.xml and drop it in the userdata folder. Rename the year in your files. Restart Kodi, remove the source of the movies you want to change (refresh did not work for me), close and reopen Kodi, stupid scrape again and enjoy. (You only need to rename files that you would like to see text AFTER the date)

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <cleanstrings>
      <RegExp>
        <RegExp>
          <expression></expression>
        </RegExp>
      </RegExp>
    </cleanstrings>
  </video>
</advancedsettings> 

I would have thought that using cleanstrings in the advancedsettings.xml would override any cleaning function built into Kodi... guess not. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable in this will reply.

hi, i searhed and dig up how to have year in file name. i found that kodi first strips date from file names so before cleanstring i just needed to put cleandatetime line. so it looks like this now

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <
video>
<
cleandatetime>(.*)</cleandatetime>
    <
cleanstrings>
      <
RegExp></RegExp>
    </
cleanstrings>
  </
video
</
advancedsettings

the only thing that i cannot get are dots between words in file and extension in the end but i can live with it
thx again for all your help
ice999,

I revised the scraper so you are able to scrape music videos with the "really stupid music video scraper". The first post of the thread was regarding movies and I thought that's what you wanted with your +1 in the thread reply. My bad for not closely reading your next reply.

I tested the titles you listed:

ArtistFirstName ArtistLastName - Bulletproof.avi
returned: ArtistFirstName ArtistLastName - Bulletproof

SomeArtist - 'DREAM OF GOOSE' Performance at 2013 SEOUL CONCERT &quot;HAPPENING&quot;.1080p.mp4
returned: SomeArtist - 'DREAM OF GOOSE' Performance at 2013 SEOUL CONCERT &quot;HAPPENING&quot;.1080p

Some Artist & Person - Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime (Top of the Pops, Aug 24 2003).avi
returned: Some Artist & Person - Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime (Top of the Pops, Aug 24 2003)

Mr.Artist - Up 'n away.360p.webm
returned: Mr.Artist - Up 'n away.360p

artist_feat_person-turn_the_lights_off-x264-2011-grmv.mkv
returned: artist feat person-turn the lights off-x264-2011-grmv

Artist_LastName___Aldrig_Ensam__Live_P3_Guld_2010.flv
returned: Artist_LastName Aldrig Ensam Live P3 Guld 2010

Sub folder\Artist and the Artist - &quot;Primadonna&quot; - LIVE @ Channel 95.5 in Detroit, MI - August 1st, 2012.1080p.mp4

the "\" is not allowed in any windows file name

so I used:
Artist and the Artist - &quot;Primadonna&quot; - LIVE @ Channel 95.5 in Detroit, MI - August 1st, 2012.1080p.mp4
returned: Artist and the Artist - &quot;Primadonna&quot; - LIVE @ Channel 95.5 in Detroit, MI - August 1st, 2012.1080p

I used the following in the advancedsettings.xml: (thanks veky010 for the addition of cleandatetime)

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <
video>
    <
cleandatetime>(.*)</cleandatetime>
    <
cleanstrings>
      <
RegExp></RegExp>
    </
cleanstrings>
  </
video>
</
advancedsettings

Download and install really_stupid scraper here

Download, unzip, copy/paste advancedsettings.xml to Kodi's userdata folder from here here

Note that file extension is not returned.
veky010,

Thanks for the addition to the xml.

I am still looking to see if I can shut off the pre-cleaning that Kodi performs. That would be best for me. I name my files properly and do not need Kodi to best guess at what to do with the name. To bad it is not a setting in the UI of Kodi, should be imo.
How to install stupid scraper?
(2016-02-04, 03:57)mrjwm2 Wrote: Sorry... been real busy and just saw the replies.

Here is the scraper zip file download link: Stupid Movie Scraper

This should add "any" file name to the movie library.

I tested it with a few goofy file names and it worked fine. Let me know if you have any special characters that are giving you issues... Maybe there is something I can do... maybe.

Download the .zip, install, scrape and enjoy.
Is this what Ive been looking for. Iv'e been trying to get someone to adjust the MovieDB scraper to use my local filename instead of the the movie database filename.
Keep Original Title Thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=273997
But even after offering money to have it done, no one answers, but perhaps this is what i was looking for, shame no one could tell me, but looks like its not working anyway.
(2016-02-11, 03:03)mrjwm2 Wrote: veky010,

Thanks for the addition to the xml.

I am still looking to see if I can shut off the pre-cleaning that Kodi performs. That would be best for me. I name my files properly and do not need Kodi to best guess at what to do with the name. To bad it is not a setting in the UI of Kodi, should be imo.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=273997
Hi,

Thank you mrjwm2 for your custom scraper, it works fine !

But i have a problem: i want to use the "LazyTv" add on with my personal videos but it only work with Tv Shows scrapped in my library...
So it's impossible to use it with my own videos since Kodi won't scrap it.
So can you please make another custom scraper like your "stupid movie scraper" but for Tv Shows please ?
Thanks in advance !
@daa85

You would be better off installing a Media Manager like TMM and creating the NFO Files... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=142723

Once installed and setup, you can create the nfo files in a few minutes and Kodi will scrape them into the library.

If it is TV Shows, they still need to be saved in the correct TV Show>Episode folder format and each episode still requires SxxExx numbering.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper JustUseTheFileName stopped working since V15.x1