Win HOW TO - Fix Loss of HDMI Audio After Resume from Sleep Using an EDID Override
(2020-02-11, 12:04)Warner306 Wrote: I haven't tried it in a long time, so I'm not sure if Windows still accepts custom drivers. You could also try the Pin 19 trick mentioned. Or leave the PC powered on at all times.

I don't think so. You can install while driver signing is off, but it will be replaced by a Microsoft driver, once you enable driver signing again.

EDIT: YOu can keep the modieifed INF file, by turning off automatica hardware install under control panel system and hardware tab. Then the modded INF remains.

But still my system does not recognize the HDMI Audio as connected, while at the same time outputting video over HDMI.

Right now even without turning off the monitor, it is a hit and miss whether you will get Audio over HDMI or not.

I cant believe Intel is unable to provide a working driver for this for years now.

I have no Idea what makes the system detect the HDMI Port as Audio output.

I have tested several older drivers too. Once the device is listed as Intel® Display Audio, which happens if you use a newer driver, then there is no HDMI device under the Audio control panel ata lla.

If you use an older driver, from microsoft, which you get if you keep removing all intel drivers, then the HDMI device under device manager is not named"Intel® Display Audio" but "High Definition Audio Device" and the HDMI device sjhows up under the Audio control panel ab, but as "Not Plugged In" .

I know for fact that I had Audio output over HDMI on this same system in the past. Often times when the hdmi audi was shown as not connected, I just had to restart the audio drivers or restart and HDMI Audio would be back again.

This issue just occurs on Intel IGPU. Nvidia seems to have figured it out, and I can get Audio over HDMI reliably when using a Nvidia device.
I did some further testing and it is definitely a Intel driver issue.

The Monitor does provide correct edid data. There is no need to modify it. I have installed a 8 year old AMD GPU and Audio over HDMI works instantly. WIndows automatically installs the correct drivers and HDMI is automatically selected as output device. It just works auto-magically.

Nvidia and AMD GPU'S are able to output audio over HDMI just fine, so neither the monitor, nor the cable are a problem.

I have also tried a dozen different intel GPU drivers. Not a single one works.

I also tweaked around BIOS settings, as some posts indicated changing CSM or FastBoot.

But nothing except Intels drivers are a problem here.

It's so sad, this problem has been around for years now without ever having been addressed.
I hade the same issue 

I putted some duct tape on pin 19 ony my HDMI cable and it solved the issue fast and easy Smile
update hdmi trick does not work correct .

used the edid overdrive , does also not work. why is this guide still alive. It Does not work at all.
Thanks for the good tutorial, it helps me a lot.
(2021-02-25, 08:25)Janrover Wrote: Thanks for the good tutorial, it helps me a lot.
Second that motion.  Rebuilt this old box and everything works perfect except the stupid HDMI audio on resume (midcrosoft driver on AMD HD 3450).  Been picking away at this probem for a long time.  This fix seems to have worked a miracle.  Perfect little annoyance free core2 box now.  Thank you guys so much.  This worked amazingly well.  VERY satisfying to have this solved after all this time.
Great guide... did it and it worked
Is there an easier way?
(2021-12-23, 00:41)muad Wrote: Is there an easier way?
Monitor Detect Killer is the only reliable fix I've found. As long as Windows can see the attached display when it boots, you can then freely turn things on and off and switch inputs without causing problems. This is important as I run two monitors and a TV off my PC, and I can't stand it when Windows loses a display.

Alternatively, if you're willing to plug your PC directly into your TV, the TV might always give EDID, even when turned off or switched away. It works like that on my monitors, and it worked like that on the last two TVs I tried it with, a Panasonic plasma (2013) and Sony LCD (2009).
My problem:
HTPC runs 24/7
Turning off the TV would either cause Kodi to crash or Kodi would be reduced from full screen to a reduced size or Kodi would be hung up with "Kodi Not Responding" in the task bar.

Well ladies and gents I have a solution that worked for me and was very simple and didn't involve any hardware or tape modifications. Smile

I found a program that resets the monitor, I think that's what it's doing.

Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) written by ToastyX

Setup the CRU sfotware:

Start CRU.exe Then:

1) Disable (Un-Tick) all of the default "Established Resolutions"
2) Delete all of the default "Detailed Resolutions"
3) Delete all of the default "Standard Resolutions"
4) Add a new "Detailed Resolution"
5) Under new "Detailed Resolution" I left all of the settings the same except for the active horizontal and vertical pixel dimensions, which is obviously where you set your desired screen resolution.
Once the monitor is configured properly, close CRU and run the restart.exe/restart64.exe included with CRU and you should be good to go!

What I did was download the program, unzip the file, placed the folder in my User folder and created a shortcut to the .exe restart64.exe.
Placed the shortcut in the AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder so each time the PC starts so does the CRU software.

I'm still testing this so if you come up on any issue....I might have to start a new post/thread. Seems to be working fine on my BI325 Zotac and a 43" Hitachi.

EDIT Tried it on the Dell Mini 3070 with a TCL 43" TV. Had to make some changes to the settings for the HDMI port on the TCL. I changed the latency. Works like a charm!
Also have a NUC on a LG 55LM7600 and it's working fine on it too but I had to turn off Simplink.
Thank you, Warner306, for your very elaborate instructions.

I will try them later. However, my Windows PC never goes to sleep, its only the Samsung TV which kind of sleeps.
I have never noticed audio problems, but those are not likely to be noticed if Kodi is not running.

Regards,

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Fix Loss of HDMI Audio After Resume from Sleep Using an EDID Override3