Add-on feature requests sub-forum?
I have a feeling that this might be a can of worms, but hopefully not.

We have a feature request sub-forum, but many of the requests are better suited as an add-on. Especially as Kodi becomes more modularized. At the same time, I would want to avoid something that just gets generic video-related requests, like "make this site an add-on plz".

The idea came up since I have a request myself that I would like to make to our community of add-on developers, regarding keymaps. However, there doesn't seem to be a good place to make such a request. Such requests shouldn't bother developers who are not interested, so it shouldn't be in the normal add-on dev forums. It's not something that should be in core, so it shouldn't be in the normal feature request area.

If we can avoid the video/content add-on request "spam" (or minimize it), and have it focus on functions, then it might be useful to have a dedicated add-on feature sub-forum. Maybe have it as a child forum inside of the normal feature request forum. That way there is some organization for "core" requests away from things that can and should be done with add-ons.

Maybe?
Good idea, I'll wait to see what others say though first before setting this up.
I like the idea too, +1
Would average users know whether what they wanted was an addon feature or core? But seems a reasonable idea.

Could also help if we could organise requests by area e.g. music, video, PVR, GUI etc.
Maybe a new ideas/suggestions sub-forum rather than a feature request one could be better? I'm thinking to make it more subtly different and distinct from the core feature request section. Arguably also the current root level of the add-ons section is serving at least some of that role, but having it separate would be clearer and maybe allow that section to be cleared out, as it keeps getting overlooked.

Also this suggestion could make moderating things a bit more difficult if requests or ideas are less than clear-cut as to where they really should belong. But especially if it could act as a suitable alternative for people dumping questions and ideas into the discussion area it would be welcome.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
On a parallel subject if this area is being looked at - would it be worth differentiating "official" add-ons (as in those that are in the official repo) from those which are supported here but available only via third party repos? Basically splitting the add-on section in two, with sub-forums for each similar to now but to make it more clear what is known/checked out, and what may be a little more of a walk on the wild side perhaps.

The "unofficial" side of course still excluding the banned stuff, as now.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
OK the forum section is now live

http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=251

Please post Add-on requests in there, 1 thread per request. See the sticky for more details.

I'll try to do a few to start off.
Nice! Thanks.
Well I guess this is really good ideam, it is really nice feeling when i hear new ideas on here, i really like it. But you must be sure that everything will be fine. Someone asked before me 'Would average users know whether what they wanted was an addon feature or core?', that is a good question, i would like to know that too.

But yes, i like the idea.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on feature requests sub-forum?0