BUG? Name resolution for RS IP address with SOCKS5 proxy
Hi!
I may have found a bug in the DVBViewer Client.
I have the RS installed on a Windows machine. On the same machine I have Kodi + the DVBViewer PVR Client.
In the client configuration screen, I have entered 127.0.0.1 as the IP address of the machine running the RS.
I also have a SOCKS5 proxy configured in Kodi, in System -> System -> Internet access. The proxy is not on my home network. In Kodi, there are 2 ways of configuring a SOCKS5 proxy, with local or remote DNS resolution. I'm using the local one.

With the proxy configured, all my Kodi add-ons can access the internet and the traffic is routed through the proxy as expected. However, for some reason, the DVBViewer Client is no longer able to contact the RS. Everything goes back to normal when I disable the proxy.

To me, this doesn't make any sense: why is the resolution of a local IP address affected by whether or not a SOCKS5 proxy is active?

The reason why I believe there might be a problem in the DVBViewer PVR Client (as opposed to the SOCKS5 implementation in Kodi) is that I have tried installing the Web Viewer add-on, and with that, having the proxy enabled, I can successfully browse pages served by 127.0.0.1.

Am I missing something here? Is there a problem somewhere in the code?

Thank you to anyone who might be willing to look into this,..
The PVR is using Kodis APIs for fetching and accessing remote content. Kodi itself is using curl. So if it's a bug, it's a bug in Kodi, not in the PVR. Afaik Kodi doesn't have any possibility to define a proxy bypass list.
(2015-12-13, 15:42)manül Wrote: The PVR is using Kodis APIs for fetching and accessing remote content. Kodi itself is using curl. So if it's a bug, it's a bug in Kodi, not in the PVR. Afaik Kodi doesn't have any possibility to define a proxy bypass list.

Thanks for your reply.
So... how does Web Viewer do the resolution?
https://github.com/ruuk/script.web.viewe...wer.py#L87
It's using http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechanize/ which itself is using pythons urllib2. I assume Kodi is passing the proxy settings to urllib and urllib itself doesn't use the proxy for local access.

Anyway, the PVR is written in C++ so a comparison with an addon written in Python doesn't make much sense.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BUG? Name resolution for RS IP address with SOCKS5 proxy0