Option to play random movie trailers from same genre before the main feature movie?
Lightbulb 
Idea - when playing a movie from the library, have the option to play a trailer before the selected title.

The genre of the selected title will be used to select the trailers to be played from the apple quicktime trailer script.

E.g. Select "Barnyard" to play and 2 (configurable how many) newest trailers of the family genre are played from the AQT script. Then the selected feature is played.

Don't know how much work this would be, or if anyone else thinks this is a good idea.

JT
this would be a great feature...very similar to something i'm trying to figure out how to implement in the kaleidascrape script. Unfortunately, I know practically nothing about python
I had sort of the same idea, only opposite. Your post showed up when I did a search. My thought was that it would be awesome if the Apple Movie Trailer script could have a tie to your own Movies database and have an option where it would list only movies you already have. That way you can look at trailers, and start the movie directly from within AMT if you think the trailer is cool Big Grin
@SandmanCL, your request is more similar to this other Movie Trailers for Library Items (link) suggestion than what jthunder is asking (he is asking what the kaleidascrape python script can already do today). However SandmanCL, your request to tie in the Apple Movie Trailer script to XBMC's video library database is still a unique suggestion so you should create a new separate topic thread for it, but I do think a such request belongs more in the python suggestion forum since you are asking to use AMT as the GUI.

PS! There is also a other suggestions topic-thread which isn't either the same but it is kind of similar, and that is the Associated Movie Trailers (link) suggestion thread.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have quite a big DVD collection which I have backed up over the years on my PC HDD. As ISO and img files. They take up a lot of space and the only reason I tend to like a DVD over a 2 CD dvdrip with AC3 5.1 Sound. Is the fact that I like watching the trailers you get on a DVD before the actual movie starts. Now with the apple trailer option in XBMC. I feel it's totally pointless of having a DVD image that takes up all that room. I think it would be amazing if you could watch multiple trailers before you press play on your movie. So It would be cool if there is an option where you add all the trailers that you want to see and then add the movie you want to start after wards. Then play them all.

Also it would be awesome if there was an option you could enable where you could see multiple trailers of the same movie. Because every movie out there has a trailer 1/2/3 and so on. It would be nice to see them all.

Another cool option would be just before one trailer is about to finish in full screen mode. There could be this pop up that comes up from the bottom right corner asking if you would like to see the next trailer or skip it?

Another cool feature would be to rip the DVD movie into either an ISO, Video_TS, and H.264 with AC3 5.1 sound.

Another thing, I have seen a feature where you can stop playback of any media. Like for instance I was watching a Dvdrip I made. Then all of a sudden I was able to come back later and resume from the last position that I was watching from before. Now it would be cool if you could bookmark your favorite positions in any media being played. Then using the chapter button in the menu to jump through different book marks you have made. If all these settings could be saved so the bookmark always stays in the program then that would be totally awesome.

Now to add to the above. If you could make it so when you make a bookmark during playback. It then automatically takes a screen grab of the image you are currently seeing. And adds that to a screen library in the background and then every bookmark you make from there on. Is also made into a screen grab and being added to a gallery. Which we could also call a chapter menu like on a DVD. Then if the user could press a button during playback and come to the chapter menu and select which chapter they want to watch. I think this would totally replace the need of having a DVD which takes up all that space. Then in your movie list in the library you always have the option to go to chapter menu and see all the bookmarks with screen grabs that you have made.

Now all of the above I am sure would really not be too hard to implement. And a lot of people I believe could really like this idea.

Developers please have a think over about these ideas

Many thanks in advance
Check out the AMT Home Theatre plugin.

Video OSD -> Bookmarks for your other request.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply

This AMT Home Theatre plugin. Is that a skin? Where can I find this?

What do you mean Video OSD? Are you taking my idea as a request?

Edit: a quick search of the forums tells me all about AMT Home Theatre plugin. But what about the Video OSD?
It's already there, as one of the buttons on the video on screen display. Read the manual.

sorry but is it bookmarks with screen grabs like having a chapter menu on a DVD?
Don't look at this link, whatever you do

I checked out that link, thanks. But when I tried it out my computer froze for a while. I pressed create bookmark and it created many many bookmarks of that one scene, then I pressed it again and it created another. Then froze and after a while it got back to the main menu.

Edit: oops I realised. I was bookmarking a DVD which already has a chapter menu. Is this bookmarking feature only for movies with no chapter menu as in dvdrips? either that or there is a bug, I am using aeon skin!
Do you think you could add a feature into XBMC which creates random bookmarks with screen grabs for movies. And also a save to desktop feature that allows users who have created bookmarks for their movies to share with other users. This way everyone wouldn't have to manually go through and make book marks for each of their movies. This way after a user has watched their movie for the first time, then they can go back and make bookmarks at all the best bits of the movie. Press a button to save the final bookmark library to desktop and then share it on the XBMC site and we can all download it and open it up in our players and save the bookmark for each movie. This would be an awesome feature.

Please please can you add this

Many thanks in advance
I've never liked the caching/buffering delays that occur when the files aren't on the local machine. It would be great if I could set XBMC to automatically put a trailer or two onto the XBMC's hard drive and then play it before the selected movie while the movie prepares to be played. It would also just be cool to have trailers of movies that are about to hit the theaters play before you movie just like at the movies.
check out the Home Theater plugin, available for install in shte Apple Movie Trailers script
Quick question: MR can download a ton of trailers but is there a point to download more than one? If so, what is the naming for trailer 2, 3 etc.? Does Aeon support something special?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to play random movie trailers from same genre before the main feature movie?0