Option to play random movie trailers from same genre before the main feature movie?
rernst Wrote:Quick question: MR can download a ton of trailers but is there a point to download more than one? If so, what is the naming for trailer 2, 3 etc.? Does Aeon support something special?

i believe one trailer is more than enough;
Aeon is not the only skin making use of trailers, but none of them caters for more than one afaik (it's an xbmc thing).
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
Hi, I have searched fruitlessly in the forums for a solution, but cannot find anything that seems to do just what I need.

I've been looking for a way to use the regular xbmc/aeon interface for browsing and playing movies, but for a few random trailers to play before the movie starts.

I've taken a look at a few available plugins/scripts but it isn't clear if they can actually do this.

I don't really care for a browsing interface or for a means to download the trailers or any GUI elements at all - if I choose to play a movie from one of the standard Aeon movie views then I just want a configurable amount of trailers to play and then the main feature right after.

From a development perspective (I have never developed for xbmc in any way) is it possible to play local video files before the main feature starts? If so, and it's at least *possible* then I'll have a shot at it myself.
Check out the Home Theatre Plugin - it comes with the full AMT (Apple Movie Trailers) script.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

That does look pretty good, but I was really wanting to use the current aeon movies menu item to launch my movies (I think replacing it with another plugin would be a lot of work).

I'm thinking I'm going to have to change some code to play some random clips before the movie starts though (the downloading of clips etc I will handle externally).

Anyone familiar enough with the skin development to point me to the approximate place?

Hopefully there is some code like this (tongue in cheek):

---->user pushed button here

---->hack up your own code here to do stuff before movie starts

----->now play the movie they selected
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6929

hound the developers to take a serious look at this.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Question 
Hi,

I have a large collection of movies on an external hard drive, almost all of them have trailers. So far I have managed to set up smart playlists to play a random movie or tv show from my archive.
However, no matter what I try i can't get xbmc to set up a smart playlist that will play random trailers from my movie library.
Is this possible? I'd appreciate any help offered. Smile

Many thanks

Syeuk2002
I've tried setting the playlists as [file] [contains] "-trailer" & [path] [contains] "-trailer".
No joy. I've also tried both options set as Movies & Mixed. I'm getting a little stumped on this.

Can I write a playlist manually that will do my trailers?
Trailers aren't videos in your database - they're "extras" thus you have no way of grabbing them out using a smartplaylist.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Question 
Is there any way to get XBMC to stream 2 or 3 random new HD movie trailers before it plays the selected movie file? As fantastic as it already is, I'd like to set it up this way to get more of a "theater-style" feeling from it, if possible.
A: JVC X790 + HTPC KODI DSPlayer w/ madVR - Rapier - Yatse - Theater
B: Firestick 4K w/ KODI - Rapier - Living Room
C: Firestick 4K w/ KODI - Rapier - Master Bedroom
Server: Z83 + DietPi + 4 x 8TB HDDs + 4 x DLink DHP-701AV
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563
Thanks!
A: JVC X790 + HTPC KODI DSPlayer w/ madVR - Rapier - Yatse - Theater
B: Firestick 4K w/ KODI - Rapier - Living Room
C: Firestick 4K w/ KODI - Rapier - Master Bedroom
Server: Z83 + DietPi + 4 x 8TB HDDs + 4 x DLink DHP-701AV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to play random movie trailers from same genre before the main feature movie?0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.