3 views for Advanced launcher / Emulators / Games
watch gallery

With Jarvis coming, I fancied the adventure of trying another skin after years with Aeon Nox. And Artic is truly awesome!
Though I missed a little the game library, which is quite nice in Aeon.

That is my attempt to make 3 more views available for programs (Wide / Poster / Poster Square) without breaking too much things.
I am a noobie, I don't think it is screwing things in other parts of the skin but maybe

MyPrograms.xml
View_53_Poster.xml
View_503_Poster_Square.xml

Now I hope jurialmunkey will do his magic soon and make things available because honestly everything is already there in his skin, and for sure he will do this more properly than me.
The one and only thing holding me back from switching to this beautiful skin and you've fixed it! Excellent design- the "Wide" view in particular is an interesting look. My one and only suggestion is the inclusion of a "Poster_Wide" skin to address SNES box art, whatever other systems used a similar box design, but honestly these are great as they are and I'll be using them without question. THANK YOU!

Edit: I notice that there is no plot description for the "Square" poster view. This may well be the same for all media using this view but felt you ought to know it's not displayed.

Edit 2: I've gone and edited the skins to show album descriptions as you suggested. Thank you. Never did I think that a few minor edits of the default views were all I needed to make this skin "complete" for me. Thank you.
I didn't create anything. Those views are part of Artic Zephyr for video and music library. I just unlocked them in programs and changed a couple of labels. All credits to the author of the skin.

I know for the plot in square view , jurialmunkey did not display it in the music albums view either, probably because it would be a little offset given the size of the square artworks.
If you want it, you can remove the "<!-- Not shown --> at the bottom of the View_503_Poster_Square.xml

SNES original box art size is nothing standard. Would be nice to have, but it would be up to a real skinner to do this nicely.
I for myself have found quite easily some nice SNES "custom covers" (regular dvd artwork) and that is OK. Everything fits poster size and square is only used for MAME.
(2015-12-16, 03:54)RazorFR Wrote:
watch gallery

With Jarvis coming, I fancied the adventure of trying another skin after years with Aeon Nox. And Artic is truly awesome!
Though I missed a little the game library, which is quite nice in Aeon.

That is my attempt to make 3 more views available for programs (Wide / Poster / Poster Square) without breaking too much things.
I am a noobie, I don't think it is screwing things in other parts of the skin but maybe

MyPrograms.xml
View_53_Poster.xml
View_503_Poster_Square.xml

Now I hope jurialmunkey will do his magic soon and make things available because honestly everything is already there in his skin, and for sure he will do this more properly than me.

Great job. I'm sure a few people will be happy. Now only if someone was able to add an info screen for the games section. You know, like pressing the 'i' button. Used to be possible back in the day, no idea if its possible anymore. Any idea?
this is great. I think jurialmonkey's skins are by far the cleanest, most modern looking but lack better add-on views. Is there a way to have it show the actual Program name (in this case the Advanced Launcher launcher title) rather than just "Program" in the top left? Would love to see the Poster Wall view also up there. Thanks for your work.
Does this work with Isengard 15.2? I pushed the 3 files to /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr/1080i/ and yet I don't see the views there. I restarted my device after pushing the files (an Nvidia Shield TV). Is there some sort of cache that's using the older xml files? I have verified that the new files are indeed there, as a pull shows that they are.
watch gallery

@BlackRose
Yes no info screen for addons. What I did is I linked the info overlay to the usual info button. Someone already posted the way to do that.
You need a change your keymap.xml and link your "info" button or whatever to SetFocus(9601) in the scripts section.

<Scripts>
<button id="6">SetFocus(9601)</button>
</joystick>
</Scripts>

@onlinespending
It will probably not work with Kodi Isengard. You need Jarvis and Artic Zephyr for Jarvis (from github)
I also chose thumbs and wall views. They are great and I already use the wall views for movies and TV shows. Here below the files

If you want to test all views, it is really easy just define the advanced laucher as a widget and you should be able to toggle all views.
It is also easy to just enable all views in programs, just take MyVideoNav and basically copy it to MyPrograms

Now, it is not a very good idea to have a lot of views available in addons/programs. In the end you only use a couple of them.
+ If you have been using the Advanced Launcher for a while, you may have noticed that all views are quickly displayed when you enter a program addon from the home screen.
It is a "bug" in Kodi (or AL) that has been here for a long time. No big deal but it doesn't fit with the overhaul smooth navigation in the skin. So the less views the better.

To enable (just) thumb + poster wall,

MyPrograms.xml
View_50_List.xml
@RazorFR thanks for all of the advice. I'll definitely test out the views using one of the methods you mention. I guess this wouldn't support the Advanced Launcher metadata though?

Also, one thing that's always annoyed me about Advanced Launcher and this skin is that if I set a shortcut to an Advanced Launcher category (e.g. Emulators) on the homescreen and click on it, it will always show the last screen I was on previously (e.g. within one of the individual emulator launchers). Is there a way to force a shortcut to always go to the root view of the AL category each time, rather than the previously opened sibling view (e.g. a launcher)? Thanks!
In the wall view, you can display some metadata (title, Genre and plot) & small fanart if you choose from the context menu extra info instead of big poster.

Doesn't sound like a skin or Advanced Launcher problem. It is most probably linked to your keymap definitions and the difference between close and parentdir.
Whatever is your "close" button for scripts, map it to parentdir. So you'll go back step by step to root before exiting to home screen. From home screen, you will then always enter root .
ex
<button id="2">ParentDir</button>
I'm having a similar issue. I want to add a view to the Videos/Files folder for wide thumbnails. I currently have the default views List, Big List, and Thumbnail. The problem is that the thumbnail view shrinks the video thumbnails to fit in a square like this. I want to make the thumbnail view wider so that the thumbnail looks more rectangle like this. Do you guys have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?
Let's bring back an old thread lol- well spotted finding these little hacks. Has anyone got a link to the thing on the keymap.xml?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3 views for Advanced launcher / Emulators / Games0