music add-ons will not open/launch
Got it. The mac and the fire tv didn't have a music library loaded. I just linked my mac to my music folder and it started behaving normally the moment a few artists were added to the library.

...and Fire TV is up and running too with music in the library.

I'll post my log and comments on the other thread.
I can confirm that since adding music to my library I can now access the Music Add-ons and use them however this is only possible if accessing the add-ons via MUSIC / FILES: ADD-ONS.

If I select an add-on from the submenu on the skin or select it using Music ("ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Addons,return") on my main menu of the skin I am taken to MUSIC / LIBRARY: "ADD-ON NAME". When in this view I can see the list within the add-ons but cannot select any of them.

Everything works completely fine in Confluence it is only Aeon Nox 5 and Aeon MQ 6.
would need a Debug Log from you as well.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi Ronie,

I will try and post a debug log later on... Not sure if its just me overlooking the data in the log I pulled last night but due to no error message being displayed on the screen when trying to launch the music addons there seems to be no error at the time and date of trying to launch the addons. Am I overlooking something or is this normal?
Hi Ronie,

I haven't got access to my Firestick at the moment so have setup a fresh Kodi install on my pc to replicate the issue.

I have enabled debugging, restarted Kodi and tried to select a music addon (which fails) then exited Kodi.

Here is my debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/p9xcfa9jv

Hope it is of some use.

EDIT: This is accessing the addon via the submenu of the skin.
@StreamMunkey - can you please confirm this is with Aeon Nox 5, and not Aeon Mq, and also what the submenu item you are selecting actually links to.

If it's with Aeon MQ (though your log indicates its not, but its worth mentioning since it doesn't utilise the Skin Shortcuts script - which is where my expertise lies) then you need to direct the developers of that skin to this thread, with particular reference to how (if the current understanding of the bug is correct) links to music addons should use different windows dependant on whether or not there is any music content in the library.

If its with Aeon Nox 5, please test this PR, which will adjust submenu shortcuts to addons (on Nox 5 or other skins which use Skin Shortcuts for the submenu only; or for any skin which uses Skin Shortcuts for the whole main menu) dependant on whether there is any music content in the library.

(Please note the PR only affect submenu items of Nox 5...)
@BobCratchett - I can confirm that the skin im using is Aeon Nox 5.

The submenu link is linked directly to the "Music Add-on(s)" as setup in the Aeon Nox Submenu setup page.

There is also currently no music in the library of my Kodi setup, does this affect the debug log results?

Thanks again for your help, StreamMunky
No, it doesn't affect the debug log - but it's useful for helping us to confirm exactly what the issue is and how to fix it. From what you've said, I'm hopeful the PR I linked to will fix the issue with Nox 5 - and would be grateful of any confirmation of this before the fix is merged into master + pushed to the repo. (Though you've also previously indicated an issue with MQ, which won't be affected by this fix...)
Ok no problem I will happily test and report back for you, could you confirm for me what I need to do with the PR? I'm fairly new to the Kodi scene so still learning the coding side of things.

I tested the issue with MQ just for curiosity purposes to see if the error persisted, I'm happy sticking with 5 for the moment really.
If you're not familiar with testing PR's then it's not a particularly easy process - the source of the PR is here - https://github.com/Ignoble61/script.skin...sic-addons - download the zip and manually extract it and replace the contents of the script.skinshortcuts folder.

The relevant folder is one folder 'up' from the userdata (wiki) folder, in the 'addons' folder.
Ok thanks for the advice, I wasn't sure whether to copy the RAW PR and overwrite the contents of the current py files or whether to replace the files completely.

Will download the zip instead and report back.
@BobCratchett - I have extracted the zip, overwritten all files within the script.skinshortcuts folder and all I can say is.... You absolute LEGEND!

All Music Add-ons function as normal when accessed from the submenu.

To confirm, this is a completely fresh Kodi install with only Aeon Nox 5, NPR and Radio Add-ons installed. No music is held in the library or linked to the Kodi install. Files were overwritten with the PR and skin is fully functional.

I will also apply the PR to my Firestick when I get my hands on it and report back with the results.

If you would like a new debug file for reference I'd be happy to provide one for you.

Thanks again for all your help, its been an eye opener! Smile
No need for a new debug log unless you come across issues with that branch (and with Nox 5 submenu/Skin Shortcuts menu) Smile

(And again bear in mind that this only fixes Nox 5 + other skins utilising Skin Shortcuts - Aeon MQ will need there own fix!)

Thanks for taking the time to test and feed back Smile
Yes I will be keeping the PR handy for any further Aeon Nox 5 skin installs, hopefully it will be pushed to the repo soon Smile

Thanks for your help and support with this issue, I'm more than happy to help with testing and reporting where ever and when ever possible, its nice to get an insight into the "behind the scenes" workings of these setups Smile
Here's a log if I did it right.
http://xbmclogs.com/puaqtu9q0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
music add-ons will not open/launch0