• 16(current)
VidOn XBMC - GPL discussion & compliance analysis.
ehh im not that embedded in that whole discussion if they did a shit act then tried to get clean they are still shit in my book Smile
(2017-01-04, 17:16)hdmkv Wrote: Is VidOn discussion now a go? ... or are they still considered a no-no?
I don't have a problem with discussion or @Trigu75 sharing "massaged" versions of VidOn XBMC for free.

Last time this was looked at Triu75 had to remove a bunch of checks and restrictions from the code to even enable certain features, the code could not be compiled easily the way it is on Github.

(2017-01-04, 22:50)hdmkv Wrote: ...which was the reason VidOn discussion was frowned on. Also because VidOn was charging for the Pro version, and seen as making money off Kodi's work.

But, w/code shared, and GPL complied with (from what I understand), there should not be a problem anymore? Them charging would be no different than MrMC I'd think.

Reason for asking is that some of us are testing a promising new media player from eGreat (A5, A10) that uses VidOn to provide BD menu support, HD audio and 3D MVC.

Man, Now I am really regretting giving my Himedia Q10/Q5 Pro to brother, the Himedia and the Egreat A5/A10 have the same specs.Sad
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VidOn XBMC - GPL discussion & compliance analysis.4