• 6(current)
Mod Share your themes : Custom lists
Dumb me, I should have thought of this alone! Indeed no need of a black bg for logo and info blocs!
So that's what you've been doing since the beginning I presume ;-)

Thanks Reynald, I'm going to use this great view now.
I would like to add media case support on the customlist.
I hope it's not too hard to implement.
Yes you can easily add case, you need to add variable for housing 720p and 1080p for example, and add in the custom list, image + variable. You can easily find in my skins. or aeon nox
Is the variable $VAR[value_videocase0] ?
How do I have to provide the cases bitmaps for the skin to recognize them?

I can't find the keyword "case" in all you skin files (Cinemax isn't it?)
@Reynald, I've modified a tiny bit your great Poster Reflect view :

- Added zoom animation on and out focus for selected item
- modified corner bitmap coordinates which were a bit offset to the border of the poster
- Added the colored border in reflect of selected item

Next I would like to do is add media cases but it's beyond my skills. I would need to know how to call a certain bitmap for a certain media type.
(2016-03-11, 00:12)djoole Wrote: @Reynald, I've modified a tiny bit your great Poster Reflect view :

- modified corner bitmap coordinates which were a bit offset to the border of the poster

Next I would like to do is add media cases but it's beyond my skills. I would need to know how to call a certain bitmap for a certain media type.

Can you share your code for this view. Thank you

Pefect Work , i like it .. and i go to change in my Kover .

You can check with this it code :
Code:
<control type="image">
                <left>-24</left>
                    <top>-15</top>
                    <width>230</width>
                    <height>312</height>
                    <texture background="true" fallback="thumbs/boxes/p.png">thumbs/boxes/$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution]p.png</texture>
                    <aspectratio align="center" aligny="top">stretch</aspectratio>    
                </control>

use this png for see cases https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tt1xkbdk5kezt...s.rar?dl=0

(2016-03-10, 22:58)djoole Wrote: Is the variable $VAR[value_videocase0] ?
How do I have to provide the cases bitmaps for the skin to recognize them?

I can't find the keyword "case" in all you skin files (Cinemax isn't it?)

Sorry, I thought I kept my old code with the boxes, I had to delete. For I have not added cinemax in the boxes Watching the code I give if it works.
is this suppose to look like this ?

the watch flag looks ok in the focus item but weird in the unfocused ones, are those suppose to have a black border around the poster ?
** saw the original MOD by Reynald, its suppose to look like that, my bad

Quote:Next I would like to do is add media cases but it's beyond my skills. I would need to know how to call a certain bitmap for a certain media type.

just set two image control, first the cover then the poster/image thats it ! then you have to add reflection and a diffuse texture etc...

quick playing around:

*Dont take the code literally, play with it !
Code:
                        <control type="image">
                             <right>80</right>
                            <top>40</top>
                            <width>300</width>
                            <height>450</height>
                            <align>center</align>
                            <aligny>center</aligny>
                            <texture>$VAR[ThumbPortrait]</texture>
                            <!--<texture diffuse="showcase_matte.png">$VAR[ThumbPortrait]</texture>-->
                        </control>
                        <control type="image">
                             <right>60</right>
                            <top>0</top>
                            <width>340</width>
                            <height>510</height>
                            <aligny>center</aligny>
                            <align>center</align>
                            <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
                            <texture>showcase_shadow.png</texture>
                        </control>
                        <control type="image">
                             <right>60</right>
                            <top>0</top>
                            <width>380</width>
                            <height>510</height>
                            <aligny>center</aligny>
                            <align>center</align>
                            <texture>bluray.png</texture>
                        </control>

*media cases/frames/etc...
*bluray.png
*showcase_shadow.png
*showcase_matte.png
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
(2016-03-11, 00:12)djoole Wrote: @Reynald, I've modified a tiny bit your great Poster Reflect view :

Hi there this is exactly what I wanted, does the selection stay in the centre when you scroll from left to right ? can you share the code

thanks
I am busy trying to figure out how to get the cdart to work. I can get it to slide or rotates but I can not seem to be able to get it to slide then rotate don't know what I am doing wrong there

cheers
(2016-03-11, 08:48)meridius Wrote:

Hi there this is exactly what I wanted, does the selection stay in the centre when you scroll from left to right ? can you share the code

this is not what you thought!
(2016-03-11, 01:04)Reynald Wrote: Can you share your code for this view. Thank you
Will do tonight!

(2016-03-11, 01:04)Reynald Wrote: You can check with this it code :
Code:
<control type="image">
                <left>-24</left>
                    <top>-15</top>
                    <width>230</width>
                    <height>312</height>
                    <texture background="true" fallback="thumbs/boxes/p.png">thumbs/boxes/$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution]p.png</texture>
                    <aspectratio align="center" aligny="top">stretch</aspectratio>    
                </control>
Thanks!! I'm going to try that, but maybe with a variable getting media type and not resolution (bluray, mkv, dvd).. need to google that but now that I know the formalism $INFO[ListItem.XXXXX] I should be okay Smile

(2016-03-11, 05:37)reaven Wrote: is this suppose to look like this ?
the watch flag looks ok in the focus item but weird in the unfocused ones, are those suppose to have a black border around the poster ?
It's indeed intended as is, but I also think there is something to improve.. because black borders are difficult to spot, one could think the orange corner is offset in unfocused items.
Maybe white borders?
Anyways I plan to replace borders by cases, but I'll still try white borders

(2016-03-11, 05:37)reaven Wrote: just set two image control, first the cover then the poster/image thats it ! then you have to add reflection and a diffuse texture etc...
Not what I intend to do, just not a simple bitmap common to all items, but a dynamic one related to media type of each item.
Reynald's just given me a hint I just need to dig in that direction Smile

(2016-03-11, 08:48)meridius Wrote: Does the selection stay in the centre when you scroll from left to right ?
Nope, it's not a fixed list.
I think there is a custom fixed list in this topic so it should definitely be doable.
I'll look into that because it could be indeed cool to have it fixed to the center.
Quote:Thanks!! I'm going to try that, but maybe with a variable getting media type and not resolution (bluray, mkv, dvd).. need to google that but now that I know the formalism $INFO[ListItem.XXXXX] I should be okay

i prefer modify custom list, that adding that variable. As I already said in the subjects, it is very easy to add anything you want in the views in the design, if we modify the source code (variable, includ ... etc) but jay will give a new KOVER, a new update and all is lost, you will need to copy and paste each time in the new files. Personally, I'm tired of making mod, I do a lot of mod lot of skin, it is a long and often unnecessary work on updating the original skin. Rather than wait KOVER be fixed in the new version. And focus on the custom list options and basic option, to provide the best skin. So I do not suggest you change variable for now and try to code in custom list.
As I already explained, Custom lists are already includes files. So, you're free to add your own variables directly in it instead of changing the built-in ones. It will work. Just check the ListItem.VideoResolution or whatever infolabel you use to give the correct case as background.

Code:
<includes>

<include name="CUSTOM1">

<itemlayout>
      <control type="image">
      <texture>$VAR[mycase]</texture>
      </control>
   </itemlayout>

<focusedlayout>
      <control type="image">
      </control>
   </focusedlayout>

</include>

<variable name="mycase">
   <value condition="StringCompare(ListItem.VideoResolution,Myvalue)">myvfspath/dvdcase.png</value>
   <value condition="StringCompare(ListItem.VideoResolution,Myvalue2)">myvfspath/bluraycase.png</value>
</variable>
</includes>
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-03-11, 15:43)Jayz2K Wrote: As I already explained, Custom lists are already includes files. So, you're free to add your own variables directly in it instead of changing the built-in ones. It will work. Just check the ListItem.VideoResolution or whatever infolabel you use to give the correct case as background.

Code:
<includes>

<include name="CUSTOM1">

<itemlayout>
      <control type="image">
      </control>
   </itemlayout>

<focusedlayout>
      <control type="image">
      </control>
   </focusedlayout>

</include>

<variable name="mycase">
   <value condition="StringCompare(ListItem.VideoResolution,Myvalue)">myvfspath/dvdcase.png</value>
   <value condition="StringCompare(ListItem.VideoResolution,Myvalue2)">myvfspath/bluraycase.png</value>
</variable>
</includes>

+10. Thx .
I think you didn't understand what I meant, maybe it's because english is not my mother tongue Wink
I don't intend to modify any source code. I'm just looking for the right infolabel to use in the customlist to display mediacase according media type.

ListItem.VideoResolution is not the right one, but giving me this Reynald, it was enough for me to know where to look, and I've just found I need to use a mix of ListItem.FolderName and ListItem.FileName. With these, I should be able to differenciate Blurays/DVD structures (my folders have (bluray)/(dvd) in the name), 3D videos (my folders have (3D) in the name), MKV x264/MKV x265 (x264/x265 in the video filename)
And ListItem.DBTYPE should do the trick for sets cases.
(2016-03-11, 15:43)Jayz2K Wrote:
Code:
<includes>

<include name="CUSTOM1">

<itemlayout>
      <control type="image">
      </control>
   </itemlayout>

<focusedlayout>
      <control type="image">
      </control>
   </focusedlayout>

</include>

<variable name="mycase">
</variable>
</includes>

Thanks for the code <variable>, it will be very handy!!
(2016-03-11, 16:00)djoole Wrote: I think you didn't understand what I meant, maybe it's because english is not my mother tongue Wink
I don't intend to modify any source code. I'm just looking for the right infolabel to use in the customlist to display mediacase according media type.

ListItem.VideoResolution is not the right one, but giving me this Reynald, it was enough for me to know where to look, and I've just found I need to use a mix of ListItem.FolderName and ListItem.FileName. With these, I should be able to differenciate Blurays/DVD structures (my folders have (bluray)/(dvd) in the name), 3D videos (my folders have (3D) in the name), MKV x264/MKV x265 (x264/x265 in the video filename)
And ListItem.DBTYPE should do the trick for sets cases.

you are confused, BTW what is your mother tongue ?

Anyway you want to use an infolabel to detect and apply the correct case based on the format of your media file, am I correct ?
if is a bluray use the bluray case, if is a 3d movie use the 3d case, etc... ?

is the same just change the path...(the path its related to the media skin folder, this will look for a folder name mediacase inside the skin media folder)
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.VideoCodec,mediacase/,.png]

as Jayz2K says and believe me the less you change of the original code the best, stick to the custom list and create your variables there, theres no need to modify variables.xml all this will be erase once you update the theme sooo. is less files to rememebr you have to modify again or replace Smile

btw its videocodec
PHP Code:
ListItem.VideoCodec Shows the video codec of the currently selected video (common values3iv2avc1div2div3divxdivx 4dx50flvh264microsoftmp42mp43mp4vmpeg1videompeg2videompg4rv40svq1svq3theoravp6fwmv2wmv3wvc1xvid
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share your themes : Custom lists1