Request: Video screensaver
many people happen to have fireplace videos or aquarium videos that would be nice to be able to play as a screensaver.

i looked at alex's startup sound script and it looks very easy (when you allready have it). i replaced the mp3 with a video and sure enough it played.

but that doesn't quite do it Smile i really have no idea how to make it start when the xbox has been idle for a given time.

also looping would be nice.

anyone feel like doing something like that?
my 2 cents; i think a video screensaver could be made much better and more efficient if in native xbox/xbmc(c++), like this (link)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
maybe the startup script could in someway be combined with vultilions shutdowntimer to create what you're looking for? i had a quick look at it and maybe the "xbmc.shutdown()"
could be replaced with "xbmc.executescript('q:\\scripts\\mp3.py')"? or something else from one of the startup scripts...

can't try it out myself here.
yes i agree gametester17, that would be the best. i just thought it would be nice to have something until that happens. even if it would be very simple.

vultilions script only executes after a given time but not after xbmc has been in idle for a certain time. maybe there is no such function? or a way to check if any media is running?
sounds like a great idea...im still lovin the matrix trails screensaver atm....but a looping vid would be cool
I use VisiSaver for such goal.

Cool
flasher Wrote:I use VisiSaver for such goal.

Cool

This is for xbox :-D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request: Video screensaver1