How to cancel when on input dialog
Am using a AFTV/Kodi 15.2, frustratingly whenever you accidentally enter an input dialog box there is no way to cancel, you have to clear all text, press done and then kodi will generally complain about what you typed and allow you out.

Examples of this are:
Search
Enter TV show name (when not resolved). This is a good example, as when kodi then fails to find the name you want to use, it just re-opens the dialog and you have to try again.
Enter source
Enter names and so on.

I assume this relates to limited buttons on the AFTV remote. The return button actually is used as backspace. Can I remap this to cancel (I assume escape on windows?)
Surprisingly there's no Cancel button in Confluence's keyboard dialog.

I'll see what I can do.
That would be great Hitcher if you could add one.

I have the same issue sometimes when searching for TV-Series/Movies.
My current work around is to make a search and try to be quick enough to hit the "Abort" button, after a few tries it usually works. A cancellation button on the search dialog itself would of course be much better.
OK, never changed keyboardmaps before but i solved it on my AFTV with this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<virtualkeyboard>
<keyboard>
<backspace>PreviousMenu</backspace>
</keyboard>
</virtualkeyboard>
</keymap>

It makes the return button on the remote same as cancel.

Ex
(2015-12-18, 14:26)Ladida Wrote: I have the same issue sometimes when searching for TV-Series/Movies.
My current work around is to make a search and try to be quick enough to hit the "Abort" button, after a few tries it usually works. A cancellation button on the search dialog itself would of course be much better.

Yes, I found the same solution!

I was using Aeon Nox with the same problem.
Use this keymap: http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative_keymap...e#Keymap_4

It will make "back" cancel out, and use RW to backspace.
(2015-12-18, 11:52)Hitcher Wrote: Surprisingly there's no Cancel button in Confluence's keyboard dialog.

I'll see what I can do.

Funny, i always wondered about this.
Didn't think it was of any importance though.
But yes, it's a bit illogical...
Created a PR -

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8617

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to cancel when on input dialog0