v17 DVD Menues
Hello,
there seems a problem in DL-DVDs (DVD9) with the DVD menue in the OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0).
For me the last functionel build is Kodi 16 (#1001).

If i want to switch in audio options in original Diskmenu (video_ts) i get a blank screen, after some time i'm able to stop all, if Kodi-bar appears after this little crash.

I had wrote over this problem in the testbuild thread - but i think it is an major difficulty.
popcornmix and milhose had in the recent past asked questions to FernetMenta ;-)

...think, i jangle everybodies nerves in testbuild thread :-)
could you provide a sample and exact steps to reproduce?
Thank's for yuor answer,FernetMenta.
The DVD have vob files over 8 GB, that's the Problem.
i try to zip and archive the DL-DVD in googleDrive - is that ok?

Harald
@doldi if you delete VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB, VTS_04_1.VOB, VTS_01_5.VOB, VTS_01_6.VOB, VTS_01_7.VOB does the problem still occur with latest build and not occur with #1001? If so them you can leave those files out of the zip you upload.
Hello again,
well, if tested only deleting VTS_01.2.VOB to VTS01_7.VOB.
I'm uploading now a file (zip).

On my Windows Kodi 16Beta5 and also on RPi2 build #1001 this so reduced DVD (renamed _Test) playes.

My Problem(always I've wrote) is in the builds after #1001, also on latest.

...i'm waiting of googledrive now ;-)

THX popcornmix ;-)
(2015-12-19, 15:46)FernetMenta Wrote: could you provide a sample and exact steps to reproduce?

upload is finite terminated:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2rgZ0B...sp=sharing

Please unpack _test.7z,
play file with build #1001,
after opening credits (EMI) "Tina" appears.
You will see "Play Concert" [under/overscore character],
go with mouse cursor to "Audio Options" and under/overscore character would be released.
Double click on "Audio Options" and this menue will also open.
Double click on DTS 5.1 and after this on "play concert".

The concert plays in DTS5.1, on Kodi Infoboarder you will see information: |SD|dts|5.1|eng| ....current playtime and overall time.

In all builds after #1001 this DL-DVD wouldn't play satisfiable or not a bit.
Here is a fix: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...cc0c7a95b5

There are so many things in the old code that only worked by chance. DVDInputStreamNavigator had its own discontinuity mechanism which was wrong and resulted in continuous timestamps going forward even after a seek backwards. Rewind only worked because old dvdplayer did resyncs while rewind that did results in wrong rw speed. That wrong discontinuity mechanism neutralized dvdplayers's discontinuity mechanism that was incorrectly executed while in a DVD menu.
(2015-12-20, 13:12)FernetMenta Wrote: Here is a fix: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...cc0c7a95b5

There are so many things in the old code that only worked by chance. DVDInputStreamNavigator had its own discontinuity mechanism which was wrong and resulted in continuous timestamps going forward even after a seek backwards. Rewind only worked because old dvdplayer did resyncs while rewind that did results in wrong rw speed. That wrong discontinuity mechanism neutralized dvdplayers's discontinuity mechanism that was incorrectly executed while in a DVD menu.

Thank You FernetMenta,
it is possible, that milhouse would put this fix in his new nightly build?
What can i do to integrate self in recent builds?

Harald
Hello! doldi isn't the only who experiences problems with the dvd menu - on monday I'll watch the new star wars movie in cinema and as preparation I've started to watch the episodes 4-6 from dvd one more time Wink

Unfortunately the menu isn't working for this dvds either - I've created a new 'Milhouse' build today that includes the latest fix 'popcornmix/xbmc/commit/c693006de7abf3c87302c918da964a2604e99232 VideoPlayer: no discontinuities when being in a menu' but it's still not working for my star wars dvd and additionally I've downloaded the file provided by doldi and this one is also not working for me.

Here's a logfile when I tried to playback the star wars movie: logfile

With stock 'OpenElec 6.0' (Kodi 15.2) it's working without a problem.

I'm currently uploading the necessary parts of the StarWars DVD - ~400MB

I just want to add that I'm still not that experienced when it comes to creating a new build - but as the script provided by Milhouse is doing 99% of the work completely automatic, there's not that much that could go wrong during the creation of the build.
Small additional info: I asked Milhouse if eventually something went wrong with my build, but he told me that it's more likely that the fix isn't working as expected and it's better to announce this problem here so that a better fix can be provided.
Okay - here is the link to the uploaded file: Star Wars - Episode 5 DVD Menu

Wait until the main menu is available and next try to change the audio settings - with recent builds this isn't possible any longer: the text disappears, but the new menu never get's displayed.

With OpenElec6/Kodi15.2 it is working without a problem.

Hopefully it can be reproduced and fixed Smile
I can't reproduce here:

Both Tina Tuner and Star Wars samples look okay in my (debug) Pi build. Menu looks just like the screenshot FernetMenta posted.

I think wait for the Milhouse build tonight and try again.
And honestly I have more trust in your coding skills than in my build-skills Wink
Thank You popcornmix,
Tina Tuner DVD look okay.
....only the information over progress-bar is not complete - DTS info is missing.

not so bad, ican live with that.

:-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Menues0