HDTV with XBMC
Sorry... now you're really talking about stuff that's beyond me. Perhaps one of the real experts on this forum can help?
just following on in this thread,
i have the hd av pack and i am getting a really bad picture when using it..
the reds are unbearable and taking over the balcks. i have messed with the setting on my tv but the picture is still horrible..
any ideas? i am using shielded cables, and while the image is no doubt sharper using the hd cable i rekon the picture looks better using pal.

any tips?
could the problem be the shielding in the hd adapter? using the same cables gives a very clear picture when used on my digital tv box.

how is your picture divinewrite? what type of tv do you have and what brand of component cable have you used?
cheers
xr06t Wrote:how is your picture divinewrite? what type of tv do you have and what brand of component cable have you used?
cheers

My picture is brilliant! I have a fairly good component cable (not sure of the brand, and can't check right at the moment) that cost around AUD $100 for 6ft.

While I'm no expert, my gut feel is that it's not likely to be your cable, esp if the cable is working fine for your other box. I reckon it's most likely to be your adapter. Are you able to get your hands on another to test?

Could also be your version of XBMC. When I first got my modded xbox, I couldn't watch dvds through XBMC at all. Had to update to the latest T3CH XBMC build. I have no concrete reason for thinking that might be your problem, but it might be worth a shot if you haven't already done it...

Cheers.
thanks very much for your reply.
unfortunatly i believe it is the shielding in the adapter itself as the picture gets even worse when both the xbox and stb are plugged in via component.

also dont have anyone i can swap adapters.
i have just upgraded to the latest t3ch build last week and there was no change in the picture.
am going to have to try to find a genuine ms hd av pack i think.
xr06t Wrote:thanks very much for your reply.
unfortunatly i believe it is the shielding in the adapter itself as the picture gets even worse when both the xbox and stb are plugged in via component.

also dont have anyone i can swap adapters.
i have just upgraded to the latest t3ch build last week and there was no change in the picture.
am going to have to try to find a genuine ms hd av pack i think.

Sounds like the problem. Note that I don't have a genuine MS adapter. Just got a generic one off ebay and have had absolutely no problems with it. One of these: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Xbox-High-Definit...dZViewItem

If that link doesn't work, check out the store for ebay member sudoku2.

Cheers.
I've got the same HD AV pack and it's been spot on, I only have the XBox going to my component connection on my HD TV though.

Klaus
thanks mate. i have the same adapter as you and divinewrite, and just have it going to my tv also.

i have had a breakthrough though! just cranked the gamma setting in the video menu from 20 to around 45 and it has cleared the picture up heaps for video. still pretty scetchy for games, but they will all soon be played on 360 anyway.

what are other peoples gamma settings? to view the settings when watching a video you push start, go to video settings and it is in there.

cheers
it's a lossy setting just so you know. it shouldn't be needed, but if it helps..
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

sorry what do you mean lossy?

is it not something that people usually need to cahnge?
divinewrite Wrote:Sounds like the problem. Note that I don't have a genuine MS adapter. Just got a generic one off ebay and have had absolutely no problems with it. One of these: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Xbox-High-Definit...dZViewItem

If that link doesn't work, check out the store for ebay member sudoku2.

Cheers.

I can't recommend this adapter. Build quality is really cheap. I was previously using another generic non MS adapter, but picked up this one because I want digital 5.1 output with the new sound system I recently got. The quality is absolutely terrible compared to what I was using. The colors are really washed out, and blurry (37" LCD HDTV). I was lucky enough to bid on and win genuine MS HD adapter (newer discontinued model).
it's a digital setting that will squash some colors together. some colors that on the source had different colors, will when output have the same color. that doesn't mean that it will always look worse.

if you can adjust on your tv-set that would be better.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Has anyone tried these cables and would they recommend them ?

Cheers.
a specific example of what i get is when i watch a tv show off my computer and halp the screen is supposed to be black there are big blue blotches through the black.

would this point to dodgy adapter? it doesnt do it when using the oem composite connection. im glad to hear that im not the only one with a bad expierence with it Ghost.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDTV with XBMC0