XBE Launch Problem
jconrads Wrote:No need to do that sort of manipulation, The problem is solved in the latest T3CH ( XBMC 20-04-2007 SVN rev8582 build - T3CH)

"- 2007-04-18 8547 fixed: Added workaround for XBE launch issue with X2 modchips (usually with 5035 bios), by disabling modchip info lookup."

wrong, if you enter sysinfo and select hwinfo then try and launch an xbe, and have an X2 chip, you'll get the same problem as before
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Unless your BIOS exists on the 2nd bank of the X2, then the BIOS doesn't notice the "broken magic." The bug still exists it's just that there are ways to avoid it. Sort of like turning up your car stereo so you don't hear a strange noise coming from the engine. It's still there, just being ignored.

Generally on an X2 it is better to have FlashBIOS on the 2nd bank. Since FlashBIOS always starts writing to the chip at the first byte and stops at the end of the BIOS that you're writing this enables you to flash any 512K BIOS onto the front of the chip while still keeping FlashBIOS untouched if needed for recovery. This has saved many a modder in the past and is the setup I recommend. Of course, it's not like there is a whole lot of flashing going on these days. With X2CL all the front end changes (except for LBA48 adjustments) are made in the ini file and not the BIOS itself, and new BIOSes aren't rolling out like they used to. The scene has pretty much stabilized here.

-Whoopin'
Stabilized when it shouldn't have. I know of atleast 2 other x3 1.6 bios bugs
as a projectmanager for XBMC I feel a bit betrayed by the bios "devs"

* the distorted colors (something to do with video encoder)
* umlauts gets mangled when ftpd to xbox
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

hey Big Whoopin

As I feared, Xecuter doesn't give a rats ass about any bugs Sad

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showt...326&page=5 still no reply. It's more than weak, its pathetic

Interesting discussion is going down here.

I have this problem with Xebian v1.1.4, which does not always run. I start the XBE from XBMC programs and usually the Linux does not get rund.

So, by chaging the Bank in DuoX from 0 to 1 is gonna help (of course flash X2 build xxx then).
"* added: advancedsettings, ability to disable modchip detection/lookup; for X2 ModChip Series (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=25274)"

Can anyone confirm that the problem is fixed after installing the latest T3ch build (2007-05-14 rev8943) I don't have access to my Xbox right now, but as soon as I have I will share my experiences to.
Problem is still there... I created a file called AdvancedSettings.xml with this code:

<advancedsettings>
<disablemodchipdetection>true</disablemodchipdetection>
</advancedsettings>

and put it in the folder UserData. But still it won't start the game but shows the new busy indicator...
I finally found the solution for my xbe launch problems.
The internet was dead for a couple of minutes and suddenly I could launch every xbe file that I wanted! So after a few tests I found out that the webserver caused the problem.

When I disable the webserver I have no problems anymore Smile
Has this issue ever been fixed?
Hi,

I want to update my cousin's Xbox so he can use the Xephyr skin, but he's got the 1.5 + BIOS problem. It was probably a few months ago now that I put him back on a stable version with the advanced settings.xml - since then I haven't changed it or looked up to see what's going on with this issue..

Will a brand new version work if I use the advancedsettings.xml again? And how do I disable the webserver?

Cheers.
Hi !

Sorry to bump this old thred but has the problem with starting XBE files in XMBC been fixed ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBE Launch Problem2