Apt Repo / Stable Update
All,

I have finally resurrected the official apt repo (thanks to dreamcat4 for creating a stop gap solution in my absence). Unfortunately in my haste I have replaced the old 3.4 builds with the latest stable release 4.0.8.

This has quite a different look to the UI and particularly the configuration system. And while this has been considered stable for nearly 2 years, my absence and lack of updates on the apt repo mean many have been stuck on 3.4 for a long time and expecting that to continue.

For anyone that's suddenly found themselves upgraded to 4.0.8 unexpectedly, I can only apologise and welcome you to the new world!

However I will try and put in place an alternative repo that people can use to downgrade should they really wish to continue using 3.4.

For further details see https://tvheadend.org/news/66 and future postings regarding the downgrade repo.

Adam
Hi Adam,

Rofl

funnily I was trying to install the version 3.4 since yesterday and the day before and I was not able to do so as always the 4.0.8 version appeared! I thought I am doing something wrong! ... so it seems so I did not ... Blush

I am a IPTV user and was used to the old style GUI. Now with the version 4 I am desperately confused and the work to update more than 100 IPTV channels sucks. Confused

waiting for the future postings regarding the downgrade repo.

thanks for your and that great peace of SW and your work!

BTW: is there another way to roll back to 3.4? how is this doable?

br
krijeck
rebuilding ....
You can now point at "obsolete" and that will include a 3.4.28 build as was previously available.

Adam
ok so that means to put
deb http://apt.tvheadend.org/obsolete wheezy main
into the sources.list file?
rebuilding ....
thanks this dod the job and I was able to install the old version.

unfortunately it does not start. So after apt-get install tvheadend
the version 3.4.28~geb79aee~wheezy was installed.

but the web interface on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9981 does not show up.

Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
  liburiparser1
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove it.
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  tvheadend
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 2,358 kB of archives.
After this operation, 10.8 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://apt.tvheadend.org/obsolete/ wheezy/main tvheadend armhf 3.4.28~geb79aee~wheezy [2,358 kB]
Fetched 2,358 kB in 3s (713 kB/s)      
Preconfiguring packages ...
Selecting previously unselected package tvheadend.
(Reading database ... 135516 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../tvheadend_3.4.28~geb79aee~wheezy_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking tvheadend (3.4.28~geb79aee~wheezy) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u2) ...
Setting up tvheadend (3.4.28~geb79aee~wheezy) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u2) ...

any ideas?

just figured out the following after sudo service tvheadend status

Code:
● tvheadend.service - (null)
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/tvheadend)
   Active: active (running) since Mon 2015-12-21 23:36:34 CET; 2min 16s ago
   CGroup: /system.slice/tvheadend.service
           └─1148 /usr/bin/tvheadend -f -u hts -g video

Dec 21 23:36:46 raspberrypi tvheadend[1148]: epggrab: module /usr/bin/tv_grab_combiner created
Dec 21 23:36:46 raspberrypi tvheadend[1148]: epggrab: module /usr/bin/tv_grab_no_gfeed created
Dec 21 23:36:46 raspberrypi tvheadend[1148]: epggrab: module /usr/bin/tv_grab_in created
Dec 21 23:36:46 raspberrypi tvheadend[1148]: epggrab: module /usr/bin/tv_grab_fr_kazer created
Dec 21 23:36:46 raspberrypi tvheadend[1148]: epggrab: module /usr/bin/tv_grab_it created
Dec 21 23:36:46 raspberrypi tvheadend[1148]: dvr: Creating new configuration ''
Dec 21 23:36:46 raspberrypi tvheadend[1148]: dvr: Output directory for video recording is not yet configured for DVR configuration "". Defaulting to to "/home/hts". Th... interface.
Dec 21 23:36:46 raspberrypi tvheadend[1148]: START: HTS Tvheadend version 3.4.28~geb79aee~wheezy started, running as PID:1148 UID:110 GID:44, settings located in '/hom.../tvheadend'
Dec 21 23:36:46 raspberrypi tvheadend[1148]: AVAHI: Service name collision, renaming service to 'Tvheadend #2'
Dec 21 23:36:47 raspberrypi tvheadend[1148]: AVAHI: Service 'Tvheadend #2' successfully established.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

probably the line "Service name collision, renaming service to 'Tvheadend #2'" causes the failure?
rebuilding ....
Minor update: looks like the "releases" repository is not quite "up to date" problem appears to be some confusion in my scripts caused by having identical builds in both the stable and releases repositories.

For now if you find releases not working, can I suggest temporarily using either the stable repo or the bintray alternative.

Adam
thanks. did a fresh install and now everything works like a charm.

great stuff and thanks for your efforts!

happy x-mas!
rebuilding ....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apt Repo / Stable Update0