Apple tv 4 light theme for siO2
Hey just wanna say that i love this skin i use it always on my pi2 whit osmc and i just wanna ask if some1 could add the new apple tv 4 white background for us all to use it, a simple donwload link will be perfect Big Grin
I've made a start on something

Hope you like it, it;s based on iCanuck's IOS-X which is in turn a fork of fastcolors original SIO-2

Once i get permission to release this, i will Smile Happy new year everyone.

I've been already working on ATV4 release please fork from HERE https://github.com/fastcolors/skin.sio2/tree/ATV4

for ideas

i need testing too!!
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
HI fastcolors

Just tested the initial build of this skin and have sent you a PM with my initial findings

Following on with more testing, I'm thinking that the selector etc and the light grey panel around the top row of icons may not be displayed because of the differences in the version of kodi, as ATV4 is using version 17 not 15 or even 16.
Hi fastcolors, here are some pics of the latest alpha cersion running on my atv4

Notice no highlight is showing in the dialog box and no highlighted area is visible around the top row of icons on the main screen

Looks completely wrong

No text is visible in the black box displayed on screen

These are the same skin running on Windows

Looks a lot neater with highlight visible around icons

Atv4 is running tvos version of kodi, laptop is running 15.2
(2016-01-08, 14:22)Steverae Wrote: Hi fastcolors, here are some pics of the latest alpha cersion running on my atv4

Notice no highlight is showing in the dialog box and no highlighted area is visible around the top row of icons on the main screen

Looks completely wrong

No text is visible in the black box displayed on screen

These are the same skin running on Windows

Looks a lot neater with highlight visible around icons

Atv4 is running tvos version of kodi, laptop is running 15.2

are you using MrMC on ATV4? i believe kodi skins are NOT fully compatible with the software (as stated by the coders themselves http://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=205&start=30 )

I wouldn't have any way to test and or code on an ATV4 (i don't own a copy of MrMC)

as for the black on black, that's still in the making, everything will get fixed. Would be very useful if whenever you find a black dialog or selector or anything you could point me to it.

cheers!!!
Image Image
Hi

Im running Kodi 17 alpha on ATV4, Mrmc does not support custom skins (only a certain few are configured for it) As you can see form the screen shots above, i don't know what is causing the difference in the two systems with regards to the high light not working, the font does change slightly (the oney way you can see what is selected)

Maybe you could add a thin border to the selector, i don't know, I'm not a coder, but if you need anything tested, you have my undivided attention.

Also the skin does not install from the zip (dependancies not met) so have to extract the skin then move to the add ons folder using koi file manager.

Do you have a ATV4 to test on, you can get the Kodi alpha from the IOS section and side load it onto the ATV using Xcode
(2015-12-31, 20:37)Steverae Wrote: I've made a start on something

Hope you like it, it;s based on iCanuck's IOS-X which is in turn a fork of fastcolors original SIO-2

Once i get permission to release this, i will Smile Happy new year everyone.

Are you still gonna release it?
me or him?

i'm working on fine-tuning..

testing would help speeding up the process since i don't have much free time and having bugs pinpointed would make things move faster.

cheers
Image Image
(2016-01-21, 13:50)fastcolors Wrote: me or him?

i'm working on fine-tuning..

testing would help speeding up the process since i don't have much free time and having bugs pinpointed would make things move faster.

cheers

Whoever is first Big Grin

I tried your version and i have to say it's pretty close replica of tvOS which is great. Especially the poster/wall view is nearly perfect and would be my main view for browsing media.

Is there a chance you'd switch over to skin.shortcuts and skin.widgets? Because for now home customization is pretty restricted. No way to reorder items or change the function of movie/tv icons or even the shelf. That would be my main concern as i rely on using PleXBMC and need to set custom library sections on home.
I'm not gonna release my skin now as it was just a proof of concept and as fast colours (the original author) of sio2 is working on a version, I'll let him complete his

Btw, tested the new update and still get similar results on atv4 with images etc missing and highlights not showing in menus.

Might be worth switching to a texture file for graphics ?
Wow i just seee all this post and it looks amazing i cant wait to try it Big Grin
(2016-01-09, 15:08)Steverae Wrote: Hi

Im running Kodi 17 alpha on ATV4, Mrmc does not support custom skins (only a certain few are configured for it) As you can see form the screen shots above, i don't know what is causing the difference in the two systems with regards to the high light not working, the font does change slightly (the oney way you can see what is selected)

Maybe you could add a thin border to the selector, i don't know, I'm not a coder, but if you need anything tested, you have my undivided attention.

Also the skin does not install from the zip (dependancies not met) so have to extract the skin then move to the add ons folder using koi file manager.

Do you have a ATV4 to test on, you can get the Kodi alpha from the IOS section and side load it onto the ATV using Xcode

sorry for the loooong wait... i guess krypton ATV is almost ready.. need some testing ppl though.. feel free to blast the skin. cheers!!
Image Image
(2016-12-31, 12:57)fastcolors Wrote:

sorry for the loooong wait... i guess krypton ATV is almost ready.. need some testing ppl though.. feel free to blast the skin. cheers!!

Wow, the legend returns.... so much has happened in the time you've been absent, let me bring you up to speed.

1). You initial sio2 ATV4 skin was 'fixed' by Chris (iCanuck) to form the base for the development of tvOS-x. This was making good progress mainly concentrating on look as opposed to changing any of the original sio2 features.

2) development of tvOS-x was then paused which lead the way for emre to come along, take tvOS-x as a base and start working on more Apple TV styling with a new keyboard and other features including a dark theme to form Pineapple-tv.

3) other developers picked up where tvOS-x left and nodded it further to include a dark theme etc adding more Apple styling to the mix.

At this time we have two very similar skins with very similar base lines and a few different tweaks here and there.

We really need to combine knowledge and join forces to produce a single definitive Apple TV clone skin as this us our ultimate goal

Let's hope now your back, we can accomplish thus goal

Welcome back, you are the father of this entire project, cone and see how well your children have progressed in your absence Smile

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-01-03, 10:53)Steverae Wrote:
(2016-12-31, 12:57)fastcolors Wrote:

Wow, the legend returns.... so much has happened in the time you've been absent, let me bring you up to speed.

1). You initial sio2 ATV4 skin was 'fixed' by Chris (iCanuck) to form the base for the development of tvOS-x. This was making good progress mainly concentrating on look as opposed to changing any of the original sio2 features.

2) development of tvOS-x was then paused which lead the way for emre to come along, take tvOS-x as a base and start working on more Apple TV styling with a new keyboard and other features including a dark theme to form Pineapple-tv.

3) other developers picked up where tvOS-x left and nodded it further to include a dark theme etc adding more Apple styling to the mix.

At this time we have two very similar skins with very similar base lines and a few different tweaks here and there.

We really need to combine knowledge and join forces to produce a single definitive Apple TV clone skin as this us our ultimate goal

Let's hope now your back, we can accomplish thus goal

Welcome back, you are the father of this entire project, cone and see how well your children have progressed in your absence Smile

thanks man!!

I am more than willing to join forces with those who picked up where I left and since You seem to be very useful and have knowledge of who's who for all the projects, my suggestion is for You to test my skin at the point it is now (just added customisable main menu - black theme and other stuff) and let me know what is lacking ad what isn't (compared to the other projects). I have tested a few of them and contacted one of the modders.. sorry I forgot his name .. then we can branch out and pull all the work into a main repo.

cheers! and Thanks again!
Image Image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple tv 4 light theme for siO20