• 23(current)
v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
(2016-01-01, 15:03)bleze Wrote:
(2016-01-01, 15:02)laric Wrote: afaik there is a huge difference between 16 and 17. There is a new videoplayer in 17.

Well, in this cause we are talking Audio and pass-through in particular Smile

And when it comes to videos, the audio is no good without the video. There's this little thing called audio/video sync.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
New Videoplayer in 17?
(2016-01-01, 16:05)Schrotty Wrote: New Videoplayer in 17?

Yes.

Where's the thread split gone? Cleared up or deleted?
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
They deleted the way off topic confrontation to clean up this topic. It did not belong here. Fingers crossed for V17. I want a shield but still hesitant about buying.
(2016-01-01, 16:33)Sandhills Hillbilly Wrote: They deleted the way off topic confrontation to clean up this topic. It did not belong here. Fingers crossed for V17. I want a shield but still hesitant about buying.

Split would've been better. It will be there for V17 according to the devs so not sure why you're hesitant.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
Yeah - someone deleted all my posts, all explanations of development and passthrough that went into v17.

I have some good news for you all: Starting from today fritsch will stop caring for this cross platform mediacenter ... just do whatever you want to it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-01-01, 16:38)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - someone deleted all my posts, all explanations of development and passthrough that went into v17.

I have some good news for you all: Starting from today fritsch will stop caring for this cross platform mediacenter ... just do whatever you want to it.

I was disappointed to see your explanations disappear. So some trigger happy mod went OTT? I'm confused. Are you no longer seeking platform uniformity or are you saying you don't care what happens to Kodi anymore and don't want to develop for it?

If so, don't leave Fritsch! We need android devs and I'm sure we'll see the benefits when the first alpha hits. I think what a lot of people are forgetting is that it takes teamwork to put releases like this together. If the team starts to fall apart, progress won't be made nearly as quickly. With Koying going / gone, this is no doubt a blow and as much I'm sure you contributed to V17's code Fritsch, isn't it best you speak within the team to resolve the conflict / bad feelings?
The split-off posts are here, not deleted.

As he did it, address any requests for reinstatement to @ronie. This is exactly why I wanted someone involved with the discussion to do the splitting, as I mentioned before.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-01-01, 17:08)DarrenHill Wrote: The split-off posts are here, not deleted.

As he did it, address any requests for reinstatement to @ronie. This is exactly why I wanted someone involved with the discussion to do the splitting, as I mentioned before.

Thank you for not deleting them. Apologies for the trigger happy comment.
(2016-01-01, 17:08)DarrenHill Wrote: The split-off posts are here, not deleted.

Moved back to public with the ascent of ronie.
To get this straight. If I want Bitstream HD sound I should use the 29 Dec build in this thread and if not then use beta 6 since HD sound won't still make it in the official before 17.
If you have the shield and you want perfect HD bitstreaming then you can't gogo wrong with the 29 build in this forum
(2016-01-01, 18:56)chocco Wrote: If you have the shield and you want perfect HD bitstreaming then you can't gogo wrong with the 29 build in this forum

I wouldn't say perfect as TrueHD seems to need a little finetuning but it's great until 17 comes along.
(2016-01-01, 19:12)danjames92 Wrote:
(2016-01-01, 18:56)chocco Wrote: If you have the shield and you want perfect HD bitstreaming then you can't gogo wrong with the 29 build in this forum

I wouldn't say perfect as TrueHD seems to need a little finetuning but it's great until 17 comes along.

Maybe it's title specific as I haven't experienced any lip sync issues, even with my two "problematic" truehd test cases. There's clearly exciting things on the horizon though so hopefully the devs can resolve their differences!

Thanks
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11