• 27(current)
v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
I wonder if this fix is no longer needed when the Shield TV gets updated to Marshmallow later this week.
The Passthrough issue is said to only affect Lollipop.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-...30895.html
(2016-01-05, 20:03)danlat1415 Wrote: I wonder if this fix is no longer needed when the Shield TV gets updated to Marshmallow later this week.

The Shield itself can do HD audio passthrough. Nvidia added this functionality already. It is up to the apps, such as Kodi, to be able to utilize this. That is the point of the experimental builds.
(2016-01-05, 21:39)movd Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 20:03)danlat1415 Wrote: I wonder if this fix is no longer needed when the Shield TV gets updated to Marshmallow later this week.

The Shield itself can do HD audio passthrough. Nvidia added this functionality already. It is up to the apps, such as Kodi, to be able to utilize this. That is the point of the experimental builds.

You're half right.

Android lollipop doesn't natively support HD Passthrough, which is why Kodi has problems.
Marshmallow natively implements Passthrough, so is less work for Kodi.

Nvidia's own players work as they've been specifically done
(2016-01-05, 22:01)danlat1415 Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 21:39)movd Wrote:

You're half right.

Android lollipop doesn't natively support HD Passthrough, which is why Kodi has problems.
Marshmallow natively implements Passthrough, so is less work for Kodi.

Nvidia's own players work as they've been specifically done

I may be wrong, but I thought Nvidia backported the HD Passthrough from Marshmallow. I also don't think Nvidia did anything with the native player, it is just the default android player. MX Player works with passthrough too.

Even if the Shield doesn't get Marshmallow, I don't think it would make a difference with Kodi Android development passthrough. I think Kodi v17 already has the work done to properly implement passthrough anyway.
When Marshmallow gets rolled out to me, I'll be the guinea pig who upgrades and tests the 29th build. Taking ages but at least it's now actually rolling out.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2016-01-05, 22:19)movd Wrote: I may be wrong, but I thought Nvidia backported the HD Passthrough from Marshmallow.

(2016-01-05, 22:25)danjames92 Wrote: When Marshmallow gets rolled out to me, I'll be the guinea pig who upgrades and tests the 29th build.

M doesn't change much if anything from L on shield, regarding passthrough.
I already have M since a couple of weeks, and the patch was developed on it.

Even on M, TrueHD is unofficial (as in "not yet in API"), but nv is talking to G to have it officially included.
(2016-01-05, 22:39)Koying Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 22:19)movd Wrote: I may be wrong, but I thought Nvidia backported the HD Passthrough from Marshmallow.

(2016-01-05, 22:25)danjames92 Wrote: When Marshmallow gets rolled out to me, I'll be the guinea pig who upgrades and tests the 29th build.

M doesn't change much if anything from L on shield, regarding passthrough.
I already have M since a couple of weeks, and the patch was developed on it.

Even on M, TrueHD is unofficial (as in "not yet in API"), but nv is talking to G to have it officially included.

Interesting to know, well I'm sure if anything goes wrong, I can tempt you with a debug log. Wink
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
Onkyo SR308/NVidia shield TV all DTS formats doesn't works. At this moment in pass through mode works only DD. On my previous player minix x8h all worked fine. What can I do to play DTS?
My setup:
Minix x8h plus
sony bdv-n7200w connected to Minix via HDMI
Kodi Build date: 29 December 2015

If i use Dolby Channel Check from demo world no audio from speakers instead any DTS files works without problems. So every AC3 file give me no sound . Anyway Minix play ac3 files with surround sound using 4kplayer or Mx player. Only Kodi doesn't work !

This is my log file

http://pastebin.com/y1AGCWLB

thanks for support !
(2016-01-06, 10:37)jiny Wrote: Onkyo SR308/NVidia shield TV all DTS formats doesn't works. At this moment in pass through mode works only DD. On my previous player minix x8h all worked fine. What can I do to play DTS?

My NR808 can decode fine
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
I just received my Amazon Fire TV 2 to replace my aging AMD Brazos e-350 htpc, and installed the dec 29th build. Enabled dolby and DTS and tested a couple of mkv files I had. Haven't done extensive testing, just a few files quickly which all worked so far for the few minutes I let each play.

Device info
Amazon Fire TV 2 FW 5.0.4
Kodi Jarvis Dec 29 build
Receiver Onkyo TX-SR608 in 5.1 channel setup

DTS - OK
Dolby - OK
(2015-12-26, 21:31)Xedos9er Wrote:
(2015-12-26, 21:09)Koying Wrote:
(2015-12-26, 20:41)Xedos9er Wrote: Is there any effort in fixing this in Kodi and FTV 2? Or is it just a hardware/Firmware issue, wich means it won´t be fixed from kodi developer side?

I tested the original FTV stick with the 5.0.3 test fw and the speaker assignment is good for DTS-MA and TrueHD 7.1, apparently (only have 5.1 speakers but the matrixing was good).
Maybe something with your AVR? What are the mixed channels?

I have a FireTV 2, which is hdcp 2.2 compatible like my Denon avr-x1200w.

Center=rear left
Rear right=center
Rear left=no sound (only have 5.1, maybe it plays on a not connected channel)

This issue has been reportet from different users.
My old onkyo receiver didn't had any problems. It has something to do with new receivers.

I will take a log tomorrow, maybe there is a way to fix it in kodi.

BTW this builds have at least fixed DD passtrough.

I had a Yamaha RX 677 amp and had no problem's with any HD - DTS files passthrough worked great .
But yesterday I changed my amp to a newer Yamaha RX 679 the only diff on this amp is HDCP 2.2 and now I have
the same issue as above the channels are all mixed up DD works ok . , So could be down to the new HDCP 2.2 ?
Kodi v16.0 “Jarvis” beta 2
FireTV 2
Have you tried the test build on the first page of this thread?
Not yet I am going to try that tonight finger's crossed ....
(2016-01-06, 10:59)moba77 Wrote: My setup:
Minix x8h plus
sony bdv-n7200w connected to Minix via HDMI
Kodi Build date: 29 December 2015

If i use Dolby Channel Check from demo world no audio from speakers instead any DTS files works without problems. So every AC3 file give me no sound . Anyway Minix play ac3 files with surround sound using 4kplayer or Mx player. Only Kodi doesn't work !

This is my log file

http://pastebin.com/y1AGCWLB

thanks for support !

please, help me.. in my log file appear

FactoryCodec - Audio: passthroughraw - Failed

how can i solve it?
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11