• 67(current)
v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
(2016-02-15, 13:23)tchirou Wrote: Hello All

I was on the 21st build and relatively fine with it. I installed the 8th build and got more problems.

As it is a RC3 build, when I try to install a previous version, it fails.

So my question is : is there a way to downgrade or Do I have to backup everyhting using the backup add-on, uninstall the 8th build, install the 21st and restore ?

As I customised the crap out of it, I am a little scared to lose something in the restoring process. I am on a Shield TV.

Many thanks

You have to go Configure-> Applications and Clear Cache and Data, after uninstall Kodi, And you can install the version of Kodi you want.

In order to conserve your customisation, you can backup the userdata folder of Kodi (before clear data) and copy after install the new version. I think, it is the only solution.
Hi,

I have also an issue with 24p (samsung TV + denon avr3200x), on rpi it's ok tv switch to 24p but with nvidia tv shield it's not work. I tried to restart all my system (begin start TV then amp than nvidia tv shield). How can I provide log about that ?
(2016-02-16, 12:14)zoic22 Wrote: Hi,

I have also an issue with 24p (samsung TV + denon avr3200x), on rpi it's ok tv switch to 24p but with nvidia tv shield it's not work. I tried to restart all my system (begin start TV then amp than nvidia tv shield). How can I provide log about that ?

have you enabled refresh rate switching?
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2016-02-16, 14:42)danjames92 Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 12:14)zoic22 Wrote: Hi,

have you enabled refresh rate switching?

Yes of course
A debug log would tell what is reported by the Shield, at least
You can also use the app TVHZ, to check which refresh rates the shield reports: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...fire.tv.hz
If that app does not show 24Hz or cannot switch to it, it is not a Kodi problem.
So I have been noticing that when I pass through Audio via Kodi I am always getting 5.0 or 6.0 or 7.0 TrueHD/DTS-HD. At least, my receiver (Pioneer Elite SC-55) sees the input that way. It seems the discrete LFE channel (".1") is missing from the stream. Any idea if this is a known thing? When I set Kodi to output 7.1 PCM I get the full 7.1 output.
(2016-02-15, 18:36)momaku Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 13:23)tchirou Wrote: Hello All

I was on the 21st build and relatively fine with it. I installed the 8th build and got more problems.

As it is a RC3 build, when I try to install a previous version, it fails.

So my question is : is there a way to downgrade or Do I have to backup everyhting using the backup add-on, uninstall the 8th build, install the 21st and restore ?

As I customised the crap out of it, I am a little scared to lose something in the restoring process. I am on a Shield TV.

Many thanks

You have to go Configure-> Applications and Clear Cache and Data, after uninstall Kodi, And you can install the version of Kodi you want.

In order to conserve your customisation, you can backup the userdata folder of Kodi (before clear data) and copy after install the new version. I think, it is the only solution.

Yes I did that yesterday. Some of the menus and sub-menus customisation of Aeon Nox 5 went into the toilet in the process unfortunately, so I had to do it again.
It must have taken me one hour to set it up again after the first launch.
Not something I would do everyday.

Thanks for the input though.
(2016-02-16, 18:51)Crypter Wrote: So I have been noticing that when I pass through Audio via Kodi I am always getting 5.0 or 6.0 or 7.0 TrueHD/DTS-HD. At least, my receiver (Pioneer Elite SC-55) sees the input that way. It seems the discrete LFE channel (".1") is missing from the stream. Any idea if this is a known thing? When I set Kodi to output 7.1 PCM I get the full 7.1 output.

I don't have that problem on my pioneer sc-35... My sub is always firing appropriately.
Pull a log...
The sub is firing fine because of how I have it setup, all Low Frequencies go to the sub. Just noticing that the input only shows .0 and not .1
(2016-02-17, 03:17)Crypter Wrote: The sub is firing fine because of how I have it setup, all Low Frequencies go to the sub. Just noticing that the input only shows .0 and not .1

Have you tried passthrough with MX Player or the Native player? Do you see the ".1" using them?
Passthrough is... passthrough.
So whatever channel missing on your AVR is due to your AVR, nothing related to Kodi.
(2016-02-17, 15:16)Koying Wrote: Passthrough is... passthrough.
So whatever channel missing on your AVR is due to your AVR, nothing related to Kodi.

Yea I was wrong, my AVR is getting the signal fine. The problem was the Android App that connects to my AVR was reporting it incorrectly. All is fine. Smile
try anyone the newest build with the fireTV2?

Is dts now working?

What is with the fireTV1?
Hello,
I installed the 16 RC3, and I don't know why, but when I play 50Hz serie, sometimes it's working fine, and the other day I have suttering Sad (tested with new and old files well played before)
I have the advancedsettings.xml file which is ok.
May be something to adjust in this file ?
I use the Nvidia Shield TV.
thanks Wink
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11