• 24(current)
v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
Anyone else using mysql share with the shield. I put in the settings as my other non android boxes in advancedsettings.xml and loaded kodi but posters doesn't get recognized, just empty. Any ideas?
MySQL is fine for me, although I was supplying this test build over an existing setup.
Just a quick comment. For those noticing lip synch issues, try to switch the refresh rate with TVHZ before content playback in your Shield. Specially when you are trying to compensate with an audio delay that leads to some 200-300 ms 'in advance'.

In my setup, PAL TV, Nvidia Shield set to 1080p 50Hz, sometimes .mkv or DVD (.ifo/.vob) files bring problems and switching in TVHZ to 24Hz fixes the lip synchronization issues.

Tried Kodi resynch always or on start/stop, without sucess.

I'm not an expert, just an average Joe user. there may/should be a better/automated approach.

Cheers!.
Another small issue, maybe only with my receiver, If you start a video and it does passthrough, then you turn off or switch inputs on the receiver and then switch back it does not pick up any audio signal at all and you must stop and resume the video.

Again not a big deal, just thought I'd put it out there for V17 testing
I just joined to express thanks for these updates on the android platform. I'm running Kodi on the Nvidia Shield console with a Sony STRDN1060 receiver. The build from the 29th is working well with the following formats: DTS, Dolby Digital 5.1, and DTS HD-MA.

Issues: Dolby TrueHD -- audio cuts out after about 30 seconds of playback. The audio continues to go in and out (as previously reported).

Movies Tested: Terminator Genisys, Enders Game, Ant Man, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation and The Other Guys
(2016-01-01, 22:37)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: MySQL is fine for me, although I was supplying this test build over an existing setup.

Thanks i found the problem. Had to map network path with login.
Bug 
Hi. I'm new to this forum but have a vested interested in getting this working for myself.

I'm running the latest daily version kodi-20151231-4e05e83-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a on Android TV Shield (version 2.1) through a Denon AVR-1311.
I've tried using Kodi 15.2, 16.0 beta 4 and the the latest daily but still have the same problem. I've also tried using a different AVR (Denon AVR-X2000) but no luck yet.

Passthrough does not work on any setting on either of my amps. I've used different version HDMI cables (as at first I thought it was a HDMI handshake issue) but that didn't solve anything.
All I get is whitenoise on DTS, DTS-HD, Dolby Digital, AC3 videos.
Settings used are:
Shield connected to Denon AVR-1311 via HDMI v2.0 cable. (tried v1.4 cables too)
Shield connected to NAS via ethernet (no internet).
KODI daily 20151231 Jarvis ARM
KODI settings:
number of channels = 2
output config = optimized (tried all 3)
stereo upmix = disabled
maintain original volume of downmix = enabled
resample quality = medium
keep audio device alive = 1 min
support 8 channel DTS-HD audio decoding = greyed out & disabled
enable passthrough = enabled
dolby digital AC3 capable receiver = enabled
- AC3 transcoding = disabled
DTS capable receiver = enabled

The strangest thing is that version 15.2 worked well with passthrough on everything for about 2 weeks, then one day it stopped. I'm running everything offline (no internet connection), and playing content from a NAS so there was no change of any updates getting through. I watched an episode of Homeland one night perfectly fine on passthrough Dobly Digital, went to watch it the next day and passthrough stopped working. No hardware or software changes occurred. Rebooting/Restarting/Reinstalling everything did not fix it, so I've had to go back to using my WDTV (which doesnt support 4k, hence why I chose the Shield).

Hopefully that helps. Please let me know if I've set something up wrong or if you need more info.
(2016-01-02, 15:22)shadowsdomain Wrote: Hi. I'm new to this forum but have a vested interested in getting this working for myself.

I'm running the latest daily version kodi-20151231-4e05e83-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a on Android TV Shield (version 2.1) through a Denon AVR-1311.
I've tried using Kodi 15.2, 16.0 beta 4 and the the latest daily but still have the same problem. I've also tried using a different AVR (Denon AVR-X2000) but no luck yet.

Passthrough does not work on any setting on either of my amps. I've used different version HDMI cables (as at first I thought it was a HDMI handshake issue) but that didn't solve anything.
All I get is whitenoise on DTS, DTS-HD, Dolby Digital, AC3 videos.
Settings used are:
Shield connected to Denon AVR-1311 via HDMI v2.0 cable. (tried v1.4 cables too)
Shield connected to NAS via ethernet (no internet).
KODI daily 20151231 Jarvis ARM
KODI settings:
number of channels = 2
output config = optimized (tried all 3)
stereo upmix = disabled
maintain original volume of downmix = enabled
resample quality = medium
keep audio device alive = 1 min
support 8 channel DTS-HD audio decoding = greyed out & disabled
enable passthrough = enabled
dolby digital AC3 capable receiver = enabled
- AC3 transcoding = disabled
DTS capable receiver = enabled

The strangest thing is that version 15.2 worked well with passthrough on everything for about 2 weeks, then one day it stopped. I'm running everything offline (no internet connection), and playing content from a NAS so there was no change of any updates getting through. I watched an episode of Homeland one night perfectly fine on passthrough Dobly Digital, went to watch it the next day and passthrough stopped working. No hardware or software changes occurred. Rebooting/Restarting/Reinstalling everything did not fix it, so I've had to go back to using my WDTV (which doesnt support 4k, hence why I chose the Shield).

Hopefully that helps. Please let me know if I've set something up wrong or if you need more info.

You're not using the passthrough build so it's no wonder. Use post 1 in this thread to download the experimental build from the 29th and try again. Smile
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2016-01-02, 15:22)shadowsdomain Wrote: Hi. I'm new to this forum but have a vested interested in getting this working for myself.

Follow the download link from the 1st post. Android ARM.

On the other hand, thanks Koying for this build.
SATV -> Pioneer VSX-1130-K (Dolby Atmos 5.2.2) -> Samsung SUHD 4K JS8505
Tried Atmos from mkv Remux, bluray iso's and from bluray folder. Working great.
all DTS's are working great.
Of course TrueHD works great as well.
Hi!

I tried this at my Zappiti 4K Duo player and i cannot get passthrought to work.

All i get is white noise, so i guess it`s Zappiti`s limitation or something.

I have DENON AVR-X2200W, which can decode all formats but i cannot get it to work. Kodi just won`t let DD, DTS passthrough.

Othervise player does support all new formats and it does play Dolby ATMOS, DD, DTS, DTS-X, if i use Zappiti explorer and play this formats.
(2016-01-02, 16:19)mato252 Wrote: Hi!

I tried this at my Zappiti 4K Duo player and i cannot get passthrought to work.

All i get is white noise, so i guess it`s Zappiti`s limitation or something.

I have DENON AVR-X2200W, which can decode all formats but i cannot get it to work. Kodi just won`t let DD, DTS passthrough.

Othervise player does support all new formats and it does play Dolby ATMOS, DD, DTS, DTS-X, if i use Zappiti explorer and play this formats.

Zappiti doesn't follow the Mediacodec API so there is no hope for pass-through in official Kodi.
Unless they change their firmware and cooperate with Team Kodi and open source their Kodi changes.
Hi guys,

The version from page 1 of this thread has stopped giving me HD passthrough on my nVidia Shield, which is most odd because it worked for a day or two.

I haven't changed any device settings or anything like that.

Now I'm occasionally getting PCM from Dolby trueHD, sometimes just noise... and white noise only from DTS-MA files.
All work fine if I deselect passthrough, but obviously I just get PCM that way.

My setup:
Nvidia shield tv
The version of Kodi from page 1 of this thread
Pioneer VSX924

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Update, reinstalled same version of Kodi (again) and it's working now. Big Grin
Any news if this passthrough for Nvidia Shied will be available in the official KODI 16?
Hi Everyone,

sorry for my noob-question:
What is the purpose of this build? I'm using the Kodi 16 Beta #4 right now on my TV that has Android build in (MIUI, based on Android).
The TV came with a soundbard and subwoofer that supports DTS. So if I watch a movie on Kodi now that has DTS-audio, what will be send to my soundbard?
Do I need this special build here to actually get real DTS sound out of my soundbar if I'm using Kodi?

Again, sorry if this questions is totally silly, but I'm just back to Kodi since a week or so (after using XBMC on the first Xbox like 8 years ago Smile )
My setup:
1) Nvidia Shield TV
2) Denon x1200w
3) kodi v17 Alaph (actually, I have tested all the test build from Dec 21 to Dec 30)

The playback for DTS-MA, ATOM, True-HD, these formatted audio track is in-out, shutter sound.

It needs to disable these parameters in system audio setting to get the playback smooth.

Hopefully, this feature can be revamp and come out soon in v.17
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11