• 25(current)
v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
Hello,

It seems that i have some issues with the experimental build, despite that at first everything worked fine after a while the sync with the mysql library stopped working. The mysql library is updated from a raspberry pi 2 box running openelec 6.0, and shield is just a client.
What i can see from the log maybe the problem is this:

Quote:18:12:35 T:1682239616 WARNING: Unable to query optimizer_switch: 'MyVideos99' (1)
I've attached the log to this post. I reverted to 15.2 since i can't use it without this feature, also i must mention i never encountered any other issue the experimental build worked flawlessly.

http://paste.debian.net/359298/

Thank you!
(2016-01-03, 05:11)mazzel Wrote: Do I need this special build here to actually get real DTS sound out of my soundbar if I'm using Kodi?
No, this build add passthrough for HD Audio (Doly Digital +, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD HRA and DTS-HD MA).
"Normal" Dolby Digital and DTS work with the normal V16.

@abpostelnicu: You should never mix different versions when sharing the same MySQL Database.
(2016-01-03, 13:11)wweich Wrote: No, this build add passthrough for HD Audio (Doly Digital +, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD HRA and DTS-HD MA).
"Normal" Dolby Digital and DTS work with the normal V16.
Nice, thanks for the quick reply! But another question: Do I need to enable "passthrough" in the settings? I saw this setting, but didn't enable it. Smile
If your TV is capable of DD and DTS passthrough and your soundbar can decode it, I would suggest enabling passthrough in Kodi.
As your soundbar is probably only stereo, you will probably don't here a real difference.
With passthrough, you will not be able to set the volume in Kodi, but only with your TV and soundbar.
Ok thanks! I hope the Soundbar supports DTS, as it is the genuine Soundbar for this TV Big Grin
I will just give it a shot! The volume is no problem. It's a BT remote for Android and I use it before for setting hte volume already... I will just give it a shot Smile

Again, thanks for the quick reply and help!
(2016-01-01, 13:18)Schrotty Wrote: Android 6 Beta for shield is out.

Hello, is it for Shield TV ?! Can u tell me where I can get that?!
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
Hey guys, what is best version so far? I had some audio delay problems with v.29 and returned to v.28 that seems OK to me, and didn't try again v.29 adjusting audio sync in SATV or AVR.
Hey ,
I use the firetv 2. Yesterday I installed the version 151231 and had like with Kodi 15.2 whitenoise with DTS but DD worked . DTS passthrough wont works as yet in any version with DTS or DTS HD 8 chan option . Now i want watch a movie today and have all white noise in passthrough . Only pcm works . The problem I already had with the 15.2 version . Uninstallation , factoryreset already done everything .

FirteTV 2(5.0.4) setting DD+ Auomatic - > HDMI Marantz sr5010 - > HDMI TV
Netflix works and the AVR frequently points out dd + on .

Can it be the hdmi which connects the avr with the tv? Its seems that it have a broken cable but so far it works when nobody touch the tv ?
(2016-01-03, 15:05)onesolo Wrote:
(2016-01-01, 13:18)Schrotty Wrote: Android 6 Beta for shield is out.

Hello, is it for Shield TV ?! Can u tell me where I can get that?!

It's not out, someone thought it was funny to post on Nvidia forums as a april fools joke (even though it's not April).
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2016-01-03, 15:55)Saske Wrote: Hey ,
I use the firetv 2. Yesterday I installed the version 151231 and had like with Kodi 15.2 whitenoise with DTS but DD worked . DTS passthrough wont works as yet in any version with DTS or DTS HD 8 chan option . Now i want watch a movie today and have all white noise in passthrough . Only pcm works . The problem I already had with the 15.2 version . Uninstallation , factoryreset already done everything .

Can it be the hdmi which connects the avr with the tv? Its seems that it have a broken cable but so far it works when nobody touch the tv ?

Wrong thread. This is for the experimental passthrough builds from Koying found in the 1st post.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2016-01-03, 15:55)Saske Wrote: Hey ,

@Saske, install the experimental build from the first post. But heads up, DTS will not work in your setup. As pointed out by Koying in a previous post, DTS is only meant to work with "Marshmallow" android builds. The FireTV build you are running is "Lollipop". Your only option is to disable passthrough for DTS (leave on for DD), and allow Kodi to convert to PCM. However, you may face the same issue i have where the channels are mixed up (ex. center channel plays through rear surround).

I am running a similar setup, FireTV 2 (5.0.4) -> HDMI Denon AVR-X1200W. I am sticking with this experimental build because i used to get static on both DD and DTS passthrough, now DD works, which is sufficient for me as most of my movies are using that.

Officially, you should wait for v17 as all of this stuff is supposed to be rewritten and the code to make the passthrough work should be in there.
thanks man a clear statement. Okay i will try to fix my DD Problems. Yesterday DD works then i get it back to work.
(2016-01-03, 15:07)artou Wrote: Hey guys, what is best version so far? I had some audio delay problems with v.29 and returned to v.28 that seems OK to me, and didn't try again v.29 adjusting audio sync in SATV or AVR.
December 24th Build works perfectly fine. Im using the Shield TV and Okyno Atmos Receiver. Enjoy!
Why hasn't this threads been closed yet? Or is it(test build) still being developed on? Koying?
People are and will continue to use this build so they can have HD audio. Koying seems to have moved on to rebuilding SPMC.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11