Current state and vision about AudioDSP
Thank you.

Is it not getting simpler? I'm wondering why you wrote that. Huh
It's exactly what I try to achieve with the rework. Provide the core with the basic functionality and then add more features or add-ons. Even the programming interface should be easier to handle after this rework.

Ah right the boost center channel hack.Blush I know it works but it is definitely not how it should be implemented. I don't want to grab the low hanging fruit salad with AudioDSP V2. This hack will be obsolete after this rework and a new add-on. Last year I already wrote some code for this usecases it never published it.Big Grin
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
Achim,

If I understand correctly the timing of your rework, when you release a working version (that you use yourself in your living room), it will work only on Leia? Also, when you release this, will you be releasing pre-compiled Windows versions of the addons? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Good job! Glad to hear so much is getting done.

(2017-07-06, 21:35)AchimTuran Wrote: Image

UX tip: Remove both verbose Apply buttons and replace with a single "Revert" or "Reset".

Also I hope that "Open audio signal processing manager" becomes a Standard setting when this is close to inclusion.
@garbear
Quote:Also I hope that "Open audio signal processing manager" becomes a Standard setting when this is close to inclusion.
What do you mean with that statement? It's a button to open the processing manager.

(2017-07-08, 01:08)garbear Wrote: Good job! Glad to hear so much is getting done.

UX tip: Remove both verbose Apply buttons and replace with a single "Revert" or "Reset".
Thank you. Right I had a lot of success during the last weeks and I'm moving forward very quickly.

As I'm not 100% sure what the UI have to look, I'm open to any discussion.

These buttons where requested by some users to have the ability to change the processing chain without imidiatly hear the changes through your speakers when an audio stream is present. I'm also not 100% sure if this will increase the usability because a lot of people are confused by these setting.

I like your approach to use a "Reset" or "Revert" button. But what would happen if I press "Revert" or "Reset"? I guess "Revert" should revert the last step you changed in the UI, which could be a lot of work to implement properly. Also I'm not sure if this would be used very frequently.
I think "Reset" would be more convient as it would reset the entire chain to the state when you opened the processing manager, right?

(2017-07-07, 23:45)bsoriano Wrote: If I understand correctly the timing of your rework, when you release a working version (that you use yourself in your living room), it will work only on Leia? Also, when you release this, will you be releasing pre-compiled Windows versions of the addons? Thanks.

Sorry for the delay, but I needed some time to think about how I would publish a test version of AudioDSP V2. At the moment I try to think in steps and avoid a lot of planing and of thinking about stuff that is currently not the focus.
It will be based on the latest Kodi version that is released at this time, because my goal is to integrate AudioDSP V2 into Kodi at the end.

Providing a AudioDSP testbuild without add-ons is more or less ridiculous, you wouldn't have much possibilies to test AudioDSP V2. So yes I will try to provide prebuilt add-ons. I think I will use our jenkins server and integrate the most of the existing add-ons including AudioDSP.

Does this answer your questions?

It sure does, thank you Achim.

Regards,

Bart
(2017-07-06, 22:56)AchimTuran Wrote: Was that simulation included in your stereo hi-fi system or what do you mean? There are several algorithms flying around in the world wide web.

no that was an option of adsp, like you know dolby surround sound on stereo headphones for example
No, until yet we don't have a similar algorithm for headphones.

We have only have adsp.freesurround which can do e.g. a upmixing from 2.0 to 5.1. Or a stereo upmixing mode directly in Kodi.

Hi Achim,
it's been a while since the last update. How are things coming along?
Any chance for Audio DSP to be re-enabled in Kodi 18? I need my free surround back. :-(
Man I didn't realize all that you were doing, seems like a large endeavor, glad to hear you're making progress.

Freesurround was amazing and I can't wait to check out that channel mapper eventually :Smile

Wish you the best, please keep up the great work. Absolutely loved freesurround (when the audio wasn't dropping out .. not sure why)
Hi guys,
sorry for the delay but I'm currently very busy with real life stuff. It's a pitty that I have to write this now, but AudioDSP will not make into V18. Since three months I hadn't time to do further development of AudioDSP.
Current state is that I rewrite most core functionality. The missing part is the UI, full add-on support and settings saving/management. The implementation is currently not really usable for daily tasks.
What I did is the following:
- redesign the core architecture of AudioDSP
- seamless integration of AudioDSP into ActuveAE
- simplify add-on API
- remove the processing stage, but it is easily possible to integrate groups of processing modes, all is already prepared
- introduce timestamp processing in AudioDSP
- rewrite ActiveAE configuration method to suit better for AudioDSP
- add interface for processing modes, which gives us the possibility to implement processing modes in Kodi (e.g. use functions for processing like FFMPEG)
- small tests on Android, Ubuntu and OSX
- app development was done on Windows, which would need less testing Wink

What is missing:
- port existing add-ons to the new API
- rewrite minor parts of the UI
- add settings saving/management support
- reenable passthrough
- do a lot of testing on all operating systems

When I continue developing of AudioDSP I will let you all know through Twitter.

Thanks for the update, I hope real life calms down and you get some time to finish it. Great work so far!
Hi,
    While I trying to install the AudioDSP Addon, I'm getting errors & installation failure as follows in the log file. Please kindly give me some tips to resolve this, Thanks in advance.

@Karellen- Log removed
Hi,
    While I trying to install the AudioDSP Addon, I'm getting errors & installation failure as follows in the log file. Please kindly give me some tips to resolve this, Thanks in advance.
    Those addons are taken from the (github) previous discussion.

@Karellen- Log removed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Current state and vision about AudioDSP6