Current state and vision about AudioDSP

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AchimTuran Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Thank you.

Is it not getting simpler? I'm wondering why you wrote that. Huh
It's exactly what I try to achieve with the rework. Provide the core with the basic functionality and then add more features or add-ons. Even the programming interface should be easier to handle after this rework.

Ah right the boost center channel hack.Blush I know it works but it is definitely not how it should be implemented. I don't want to grab the low hanging fruit salad with AudioDSP V2. This hack will be obsolete after this rework and a new add-on. Last year I already wrote some code for this usecases it never published it.Big Grin

Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries are available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
find quote
bsoriano Offline
Donor
Achim,

If I understand correctly the timing of your rework, when you release a working version (that you use yourself in your living room), it will work only on Leia? Also, when you release this, will you be releasing pre-compiled Windows versions of the addons? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
find quote
garbear Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
Good job! Glad to hear so much is getting done.

(2017-07-06 21:35)AchimTuran Wrote:  [Image: uc?export=download&id=0BxsjTx0Ea...EI0MDJmY0E]

UX tip: Remove both verbose Apply buttons and replace with a single "Revert" or "Reset".

Also I hope that "Open audio signal processing manager" becomes a Standard setting when this is close to inclusion.

BTC: 1JtXwJdGdE9YnYgThWBT2StFCU5sEYkbVD (personal), https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate-bitcoin (foundation). Donations in the form of controllers, especially ones that don't work in Kodi, are also appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 2017-07-08 01:13 by garbear.)
find quote
AchimTuran Offline
Team-Kodi Member
@garbear
Quote:Also I hope that "Open audio signal processing manager" becomes a Standard setting when this is close to inclusion.
What do you mean with that statement? It's a button to open the processing manager.

find quote
AchimTuran Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2017-07-08 01:08)garbear Wrote:  Good job! Glad to hear so much is getting done.

UX tip: Remove both verbose Apply buttons and replace with a single "Revert" or "Reset".
Thank you. Right I had a lot of success during the last weeks and I'm moving forward very quickly.

As I'm not 100% sure what the UI have to look, I'm open to any discussion.

These buttons where requested by some users to have the ability to change the processing chain without imidiatly hear the changes through your speakers when an audio stream is present. I'm also not 100% sure if this will increase the usability because a lot of people are confused by these setting.

I like your approach to use a "Reset" or "Revert" button. But what would happen if I press "Revert" or "Reset"? I guess "Revert" should revert the last step you changed in the UI, which could be a lot of work to implement properly. Also I'm not sure if this would be used very frequently.
I think "Reset" would be more convient as it would reset the entire chain to the state when you opened the processing manager, right?

find quote
AchimTuran Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2017-07-07 23:45)bsoriano Wrote:  If I understand correctly the timing of your rework, when you release a working version (that you use yourself in your living room), it will work only on Leia? Also, when you release this, will you be releasing pre-compiled Windows versions of the addons? Thanks.

Sorry for the delay, but I needed some time to think about how I would publish a test version of AudioDSP V2. At the moment I try to think in steps and avoid a lot of planing and of thinking about stuff that is currently not the focus.
It will be based on the latest Kodi version that is released at this time, because my goal is to integrate AudioDSP V2 into Kodi at the end.

Providing a AudioDSP testbuild without add-ons is more or less ridiculous, you wouldn't have much possibilies to test AudioDSP V2. So yes I will try to provide prebuilt add-ons. I think I will use our jenkins server and integrate the most of the existing add-ons including AudioDSP.

Does this answer your questions?

find quote
bsoriano Offline
Donor
It sure does, thank you Achim.

Regards,

Bart
find quote
salora Offline
(2017-07-06 22:56)AchimTuran Wrote:  Was that simulation included in your stereo hi-fi system or what do you mean? There are several algorithms flying around in the world wide web.

no that was an option of adsp, like you know dolby surround sound on stereo headphones for example
find quote
AchimTuran Offline
Team-Kodi Member
No, until yet we don't have a similar algorithm for headphones.

We have only have adsp.freesurround which can do e.g. a upmixing from 2.0 to 5.1. Or a stereo upmixing mode directly in Kodi.

find quote