• 236(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
Thanks.
How works Ugos am6 with coreelec? It has dual boot? How much time it keeps to switch between systems?
I'm thinking to it and beelink gt king.
(2019-12-27, 21:57)antony23 Wrote: @wrxtasy
@noggin
In the latest kodi versions it has been disabled means that can only pass LPCM?
For LiveTV - mainline Kodi builds will decode Live TV AC3 2.0 and 5.1 to 2.0 and 5.1 PCM - and output this as per your audio settings for non-passthrough audio. If you have 2.0 channels as your setting you can enable AC3 transcoding to re-encode the decoded PCM back to AC3.

(If you are in the UK then Freeview HD doesn't use AC3, it uses AAC - and as AAC passthrough support is not widespread outside of Japan, and I'm not sure Kodi supports it, PCM decode or AC3 transcode are the only options anyway)

Quote:In my sony xf9005 android tv (where i have kodi leia installed) connected via hdmi to a/v unit i have to enable ac3 transcoding to have 5.1 detected. Why?
I have an XF9005 too (though I don't run Kodi on it). The XF9005 will only be able to output PCM 2.0 or AC3/DD (and possibly E-AC3/DD+ and DTS) because it uses ARC over HDMI or SPDIF over Toslink output which is bandwidth limited and can't support 5.1/7.1PCM or DTS HD MA/HRA or Dolby True HD passthrough.

Quote:Coreelec is one of that forks that enabled audio passtrough again on live tv?

Yes - it could well be. The removal of AC3 passthrough for Live TV was seen as an issue by some, so forks have reinstated it.
I cant find how to change from stock Android to Android TV on X2 Cube. Should i break box somehow or just run root features im X2 settings?
(2019-12-29, 11:45)Juno Wrote: I cant find how to change from stock Android to Android TV on X2 Cube. Should i break box somehow or just run root features im X2 settings?

Freaktab Website:

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-play...s-tools-do

OP, I asked Beelink about the chip issues and response is below.

Hi,

Thank you for your letter.
GT-King's Ethernet unrecognized issue has long been resolved. It can be solved by upgrading the firmware. The new device is upgraded on the hardware, and the problem of Ethernet not recognizing will not occur.

Best regards

beelinkservice@bee-link.com
(2020-01-06, 11:24)oxicottin Wrote: OP, I asked Beelink about the chip issues and response is below.

Hi,

Thank you for your letter.
GT-King's Ethernet unrecognized issue has long been resolved. It can be solved by upgrading the firmware. The new device is upgraded on the hardware, and the problem of Ethernet not recognizing will not occur.

Best regards

beelinkservice@bee-link.com

Thanks I will add a link to this on Post #1 of this thread.

I have a PI4 and it's not working very well so i think about to return it back.
Wich device you would suggest ?
I need a Device wich runs Linux as OS.
Have enough Power to play h264 and h265 4k streams and where Steamlink works smooth.
HDR is nice to have but not important , Audio also not important.

I heard about the Vero4k+ and The Odroid N2 Coreelec.
What is the better choice?
Less heat (Passiv cooling), better Performance.
Are they any cheaper alternatives?
(2020-01-11, 10:44)C0nvert Wrote: I have a PI4 and it's not working very well so i think about to return it back.
Have enough Power to play h264 and h265 4k streams and where Steamlink works smooth.

Not sure if you are asking about Kodi or just Linux - if it is just Linux, then cheap Intel hardware might be more appropriate.

For HDR Kodi:
Performance = ODROID N2
Passive Cooling = ODROID N2
Correct HDR Metadata passthru = ODROID N2.

Steamlink = That is not supported by (Linux) CoreELEC at all. You would need to Dual boot into Android using something like the Ugoos mentioned below, which will have good Android OS support from that company, which is really important if playing around in Android.

Other options for dual boot are the 4GB RAM - Mecool KM3/KM9's or use Petitboot on the ODROID N2 (eMMC flash module purchase needed).
N2 Android Steamlink test info HERE (click)

A cheap CE Kodi Alternatives if you want to do some DIY: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2914929

Something like the well known Ugoos brand with their X2 Cube or AM6 will have quality internal hardware components vs the cheap Chinese stuff.

Work out what is most important.

See the CoreELEC forums for CC kodi and hardware support:
https://discourse.coreelec.org/

W.

(2020-01-11, 10:44)C0nvert Wrote: I have a PI4 and it's not working very well so i think about to return it back.

There is a libreelec version for gaming which has moonlight, and runs on an odroid board (don’t recall which one) you can search the libreelec forums for it. It doesn’t do HDR, which you mentioned is not important to you.
Hi, i bought Ugoos X2 Cube box.  Its working on latest 0.2.7 version.
Have some notes.
1. One of my goals moving from Wetek Core to X2 Cube was to have HBO GO running. And it runs, but in same way as on Wetek. HBO GO runs only if WIFi is enabled AND ethernet is NOT connected. In Wetek there was an option to simulate WiFi while being wired. Anyone knows build for X2 with this option? Or i have to write to Ugoos?
2. Im unable to run NFS client. "Mount Error. Chceck data."
3. Im unable to connect via SSH to box. There is option root ON.

Anyone has experience or share with link to place i could find solution?
(2020-01-14, 17:55)Juno Wrote: Hi, i bought Ugoos X2 Cube box.  Its working on latest 0.2.7 version.
Have some notes.
1. One of my goals moving from Wetek Core to X2 Cube was to have HBO GO running. And it runs, but in same way as on Wetek. HBO GO runs only if WIFi is enabled AND ethernet is NOT connected. In Wetek there was an option to simulate WiFi while being wired. Anyone knows build for X2 with this option? Or i have to write to Ugoos?
2. Im unable to run NFS client. "Mount Error. Chceck data."
3. Im unable to connect via SSH to box. There is option root ON.

Anyone has experience or share with link to place i could find solution?

Those are Android questions and nothing to do with Kodi. Ugoos Android will likely find support over on the Freaktab forums:
https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-play...ers/s905x2

CoreELEC Kodi support (which can do both NFS and SSH) is found over on the CoreELEC forums:

So I know I asked here recently, but then there was sale on Samsung q85, so I was so naieve to think, that finally it would work, because all the marketing hype, well, it is terrible midia player, crappy display, but still best bang for buck for me, as it is only tv on the market with somewhat working anti reflective coating (meaning - there is nothing better on the retail market).

Now with intro out of the way.

I did some prioritization, and since tv can do youtube, I don't really care about anything else then kodi - I just want to be able to play my media and don't care bout it.
So I think amlgoic, still 905x2?
No android because of spotty 24p and I hope this tv can finally do correct 24p in 4k (supprisingly it can do real 120hz) and 24p works in internal player in its rare ocassions of liking the source movie. So only devices with known proven open elec support.
1gbe
4k hdr10
CEC (but lucklily now almost everything supports it)

So I'm thinking mecool km3/km9 + usb ethernet, or is not the way? And there is proven box with 1gbe?

I would like to avoid anything that runs out of the sdcard (odroid).

X96 Max+ mentioned on the preivous page maybe? It is 40 usd locally for max, max+ on ali more expensive - is there any real difference between the 905x2 and x3?
(2020-01-15, 07:26)evlo Wrote: So I'm thinking mecool km3/km9 + usb ethernet, or is not the way? And there is proven box with 1gbe?

At the moment S905X2 devices are likely to get better - reasonably stable - firmware support vs the shiny new S905X3 that is using a new AML Linux Kernel.

Suggestion, find the most popular hardware threads on the CoreELEC forums and find a device that has Gigabit LAN and see how users are going with them.

It's simply too hard keeping up with all the different, highly varied Cheap China boxes for running CE Kodi, and if they do work properly or not.
You need to do some self reading over on the CE forums to remain right up to date with the best cheap choices:

That is the reason people buy proven hardware for CE Kodi - ie. the HardKernel ODROID N2, the Ugoos AM6 and the X2 Cube, the Khadas VIM linup.
We know they work, with all the exact same Hardware specs in each box and most have Gigabit LAN.

Quote:I would like to avoid anything that runs out of the sdcard (odroid).
There are numerous options for running CE Kodi on the 2019 Chipset Android devices - you can boot from USB3 flash drives for example - and in the case of the N2 - a pluggable eMMC flash storage module.

EDIT Speaking of USB3 Flash Drives the following article is worth a read. For CE Kodi you want superior - Small file - R/W speeds:

Wirecutter - The Best USB 3.0 Flash Drives (click)

W.

(2020-01-15, 07:26)evlo Wrote: So I know I asked here recently, but then there was sale on Samsung q85, so I was so naieve to think, that finally it would work, because all the marketing hype, well, it is terrible midia player, crappy display, but still best bang for buck for me, as it is only tv on the market with somewhat working anti reflective coating (meaning - there is nothing better on the retail market).

I did some prioritization, and since tv can do youtube, I don't really care about anything else then kodi - I just want to be able to play my media and don't care bout it.
No android because of spotty 24p and I hope this tv can finally do correct 24p in 4k (supprisingly it can do real 120hz) and 24p works in internal player in its rare ocassions of liking the source movie. So only devices with known proven open elec support.
1gbe
4k hdr10

So I'm thinking mecool km3/km9 + usb ethernet, or is not the way? And there is proven box with 1gbe?

X96 Max+ mentioned on the preivous page maybe? It is 40 usd locally for max, max+ on ali more expensive - is there any real difference between the 905x2 and x3?

The X96 Max+ 4/32 is the best buy for CoreELEC now, very stable and fast with the latest nightly.
The VFD, bluetooth, wifi and the remote are working too (proper configuration files are required).
It is possible to install CoreELEC to eMMC (even in dual boot), so then no sd card is needed anymore.
(2020-01-15, 09:58)djnice Wrote:
(2020-01-15, 07:26)evlo Wrote: So I know I asked here recently, but then there was sale on Samsung q85, so I was so naieve to think, that finally it would work, because all the marketing hype, well, it is terrible midia player, crappy display, but still best bang for buck for me, as it is only tv on the market with somewhat working anti reflective coating (meaning - there is nothing better on the retail market).

1gbe
4k hdr10

The X96 Max+ 4/32 is the best buy for CoreELEC now, very stable and fast with the latest nightly.
The VFD, bluetooth, wifi and the remote are working too (proper configuration files are required).
It is possible to install CoreELEC to eMMC (even in dual boot), so then no sd card is needed anymore.        

Ok, may can give it a try, 4/64 is 50usd from local store with local stock, so no wait on China shipping, it is very ugly, but i can live it, can you plase share config files and install guide (if there is any) so I can lazy around and use your research? Smile

wrxtasy: I get your note about proven hardware, understand it and even agree with it, for me another think is local availability so I can be done with the thing. + there is my experience with running system out of SDcard.
  • 236(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28