• 248(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
You will be fine direct connecting even an old USB2 Hard Drive for playing back the highest bitrate 4K HDR Rips in existence.

Does anybody know if the Odroid N2 supports eARC? I have a eARC compatible TV and I want to upgrade my AV receiver which will have eARC. I've read that all links in the chain need it but can't find anywhere whether the N2 has it?
(2020-08-13, 17:38)mataus19 Wrote: Does anybody know if the Odroid N2 supports eARC? I have a eARC compatible TV and I want to upgrade my AV receiver which will have eARC. I've read that all links in the chain need it but can't find anywhere whether the N2 has it?

NO - HD audio or Multichannel LPCM - audio source - needs to be eARC compatible. Does not matter if it is a Bluray Player, ODROID N2, Nvidia Shield etc.
It's irrelevant.

It's the eARC audio receiver or in the case TV the eARC TV that has to be eARC compatible.

On a related matter....
Sonos Arc owners need to be made aware that particular device currently cannot accept > 2.0 Multichannel LPCM audio until Sonos fix it with a Firmware update.
Apple TV 4K owners really need to beware with that supposedly eARC capable Sonos combo.

(2020-08-14, 04:54)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-08-13, 17:38)mataus19 Wrote: Does anybody know if the Odroid N2 supports eARC? I have a eARC compatible TV and I want to upgrade my AV receiver which will have eARC. I've read that all links in the chain need it but can't find anywhere whether the N2 has it?

NO - HD audio or Multichannel LPCM - audio source - needs to be eARC compatible. Does not matter if it is a Bluray Player, ODROID N2, Nvidia Shield etc.
It's irrelevant.

It's the eARC audio receiver or in the case TV the eARC TV that has to be eARC compatible.

On a related matter....
Sonos Arc owners need to be made aware that particular device currently cannot accept > 2.0 Multichannel LPCM audio until Sonos fix it with a Firmware update.
Apple TV 4K owners really need to beware with that supposedly eARC capable Sonos combo.
I was planning to get that soundbar. I am assuming surround sound, atmos, etc work fine if you have CoreElec on amlogic and an earl compatible TV?
(2020-08-14, 07:25)ozkhan1 Wrote:
(2020-08-14, 04:54)wrxtasy Wrote:

It's irrelevant.

On a related matter....
I was planning to get that soundbar. I am assuming surround sound, atmos, etc work fine if you have CoreElec on amlogic and an earl compatible TV?

If you output HD & Atmos audio packaged as TrueHD/Atmos you will have no issues. i.e. the passthrough stuff will be mostly fine - except the Arc does not support any form of DTS either.

The Apple TV 4K outputs Multichannel LPCM audio and also lossy Dolby Atmos via Dolby MAT using Multichannel PCM.

It’s > 2.0 Multichannel LPCM that the new Sonos Arc currently has issues with no matter what the audio source platform.
So that also means with Kodi > 5.1 / 7.1 AAC audio content decoded to LPCM is also going to have issues with the Sonos Arc. > 2.0 DTS anything is also going to cause issues.

> 2.0 LPCM is what Sonos have to fix. more details here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-thea...ndex3.html

Hi there !

I was a real happy user of Raspberry, until I bought a PI4 and was so disappointed : it's ok for 4k, but no more for 3D MVC. I have dozens of movies I like to watch.

So, what box should I buy to let me take advantage of my movies ? I would like to keep Kodi, as all is made (centralized and shared database...).

What I'm looking for : 
- play movies with .mkv containers
- 3D MVC movies (in mkv containers)
- 4k (4 096 × 2 160)
- DTS, Dolby Digital... Passthrough.
- HDMI 2.0 (or 2.1 ?) output
- network Ethernet Gb
- be able to manage skins, add-ons, scrappers... in Kodi

No need of internal storage.

Thank you for your help.
Not sure which players support 4096×2160, but definitely 3840x2160. Both Vero 4K+ & Zidoo Z9S/Z9X and variants should meet your needs. Except Zidoo uses Kodi fork ZDMC, with all playback pushed to the external/native Android (Realtek-based) player.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Hi all, just a quick question.

The only device capable of playing back Netflix Dolby Vision in Kodi with the Netflix addon is the latest Shield Pro correct? The odroid won't have the latest widevine licenses right?

Thanks
(2020-08-23, 09:56)Sinisan Wrote: - 4k (4 096 × 2 160)

Do you mean 4096x2160 ?

UHD Blu-ray, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ etc. and all the major TV broadcasters doing '4K' are using the UHD spec of 3840x2160 (which is 1920x1080 doubled in both directions).

4096x2160 is really only used in post-production. Most of my 4K media players and TVs will cope with it - but consumer displays are 3840x2160 native resolution so 4096x2160 will be cropped or letterboxed and scaled horizontally and vertically.
(2020-08-24, 08:34)Sptz Wrote: Hi all, just a quick question.

The only device capable of playing back Netflix Dolby Vision in Kodi with the Netflix addon is the latest Shield Pro correct? The odroid won't have the latest widevine licenses right?

Thanks

Unless I've missed something the Odroid has neither the Widevine licences and Netflix device whitelisting required for >HD playback in Netflix, nor have Hardkernel licensed Dolby Vision on their hardware (even if the SoC supports it) - so there are three reasons it won't work.
Hi,

My current kodi player is a Odroid C2 coreelec.
It works pretty well, but not as stable as my previous rpi 3b (maybe one crash each month)

So I'm considering to switch to Odroid N2 or RPI 4.
No need for HDR or multi-channel audio, only good x264 and hevc supports, deinterlacing (french TV), plug&play and stability. (maybe netflix addon)

I already own a rpi4, just wonder if kodi/libreelec is now ready to work with ?
Excepting HDR and UI smoothness (I use default estuary theme, so it's ok with the C2), will the Odroid N2 offer me something vs the C2?
hi folks,  what is the recommended audio settings for mp3 audio songs playback in coreelec kodi.  is it the same as recommended in kodi wiki page. when should audio upmix be enabled. my setup is 7.1.4 in denon avr x4500h and coreelec kodi on beelink s912. thanks and regards.
(2020-08-12, 03:10)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-07-09, 21:17)chuci24 Wrote: I'm considering getting the Shield TV Tube box for my needs, or is it worth me holding fire and see what the google Sabrina is like?

I expect the video Streaming focussed Google Sabrina dongle that will have a S905Y2 chipset in it will NOT have support for any type of HD audio like THD/Atmos.
It will very likely only support online streaming Atmos that being DD+/Atmos that Apps like Netflix and Prime Video support.
Considering those two also
(2020-09-01, 19:33)tigersky Wrote: hi folks,  what is the recommended audio settings for mp3 audio songs playback in coreelec kodi.  is it the same as recommended in kodi wiki page. when should audio upmix be enabled. my setup is 7.1.4 in denon avr x4500h and coreelec kodi on beelink s912. thanks and regards.

I think audio upmix feeds stereo audio to all speakers, so only do that if you want that to happen.

Normally left and right stereo audio will be played only on the Front Left and Front Right speakers. I believe if Audio Upmix is enabled this plays the stereo Left and Right audio on Side Right and Left and Rear Right and Left speakers as well.  Most AVRs have this option as 'All Channel Stereo'

I've never enabled it in Kodi as I prefer to listen to stereo audio from two speakers in front of me.

(The only audio setting I always check is that Output configuration is set to Best Match - so that ideally no resampling takes place - 44.1k audio is output at 44.1k, 48k at 48k etc.)
Thankyou noggin. can you also tell us whether enabling audio upmix has any effect on passthrough audio. it sounds sweet to hear mp3 songs from my sorround speakers too.  kodi audio wiki page recommends disabling audio upmix, but i have enabled it and also using passthrough HD audio for movies. thanks once again.
  • 248(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28