• 254(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2020-11-19, 12:38)wrxtasy Wrote: 4GB RAM - [S905X3] X96Air_P2/P3 4/32GB 1Gbit Lan (click)

How to use the Team CoreELEC ceemmc tool (click)

And if you download -ng Generic CoreELEC image you can then use this....

CoreELEC BL301 Wake-Up feature [inject_bl301] (click)

W.

Many thanks for your reply. Any recommendation on this device for usb satellite tuner card, I use tvheadend for satellite TV.
(2020-11-19, 13:37)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-11-18, 22:45)tigersky Wrote: thanks wrxtasy for your prompt reply as usual. can you tell me which tv tuner to use with coreelec kodi in odroid n2 to watch live tv channels. I'm in INDIA. we HAVE subscribed to VIDEOCON DTH with a settop box not connected to kodi. can i use the same box or do i need to buy a new tuner. thanks once again.

Not too familiar with it to be honest. But VIDEOCON DTH looks like they are using DVBS2 technology and I do not know if it's encrypted or not.
If it's encrypted then you will have no chance of getting any info about any Kodi/CoreELEC device to view such copy protected content.

If unencrypted, there are devices from MECOOL that have a DVBS2 tuner in them like the MECOOL K1 Pro, the CoreELEC forums has a bunch more info.
It's definitely not Plug n Play and you have to be real careful which hardware you choose for CoreELEC because DVB driver support can be spotty:

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/which-d...ec/5867/30

Honestly it probably cheaper and easier just getting a seperate device just for Kodi, and continuing to use the set top box for D2H vs going down the rabbit hole that DVBS2 & Kodi - all in the one box.
so nice of you for the reply, wrxtasy. i will go with 2 separate devices then. one non kodi but android box related query. can i get 5.1 audio in netflix and amazon prime videos with 5.1 audiotracks by connecting the box to my compatible denon avr via hdmi. do i need to do anything other than this?.
(2020-11-19, 21:11)tigersky Wrote:
(2020-11-19, 13:37)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-11-18, 22:45)tigersky Wrote: thanks wrxtasy for your prompt reply as usual. can you tell me which tv tuner to use with coreelec kodi in odroid n2 to watch live tv channels. I'm in INDIA. we HAVE subscribed to VIDEOCON DTH with a settop box not connected to kodi. can i use the same box or do i need to buy a new tuner. thanks once again.

Not too familiar with it to be honest. But VIDEOCON DTH looks like they are using DVBS2 technology and I do not know if it's encrypted or not.
If it's encrypted then you will have no chance of getting any info about any Kodi/CoreELEC device to view such copy protected content.

If unencrypted, there are devices from MECOOL that have a DVBS2 tuner in them like the MECOOL K1 Pro, the CoreELEC forums has a bunch more info.
It's definitely not Plug n Play and you have to be real careful which hardware you choose for CoreELEC because DVB driver support can be spotty:

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/which-d...ec/5867/30

Honestly it probably cheaper and easier just getting a seperate device just for Kodi, and continuing to use the set top box for D2H vs going down the rabbit hole that DVBS2 & Kodi - all in the one box.
so nice of you for the reply, wrxtasy. i will go with 2 separate devices then. one non kodi but android box related query. can i get 5.1 audio in netflix and amazon prime videos with 5.1 audiotracks by connecting the box to my compatible denon avr via hdmi. do i need to do anything other than this?.

You need either a ....

Legit Google Certified - Android TV device found HERE (click)

Not all Android devices are “Netflix Approved” so you have to be careful with choices. Avoid 1GB RAM Android devices if possible.

Or an Amazon FireTV device if you want Netflix and Amazon - Apps - on Kodi capable devices with 5.1 audio.
The new 2020 - 1080p only - FireTV Stick “3” or 4K are great value. Smile

https://www.aftvnews.com/comparing-fire-...ice-specs/

(2020-11-19, 15:03)Friend Wrote:
(2020-11-19, 12:38)wrxtasy Wrote: 4GB RAM - [S905X3] X96Air_P2/P3 4/32GB 1Gbit Lan (click)

W.

Many thanks for your reply. Any recommendation on this device for usb satellite tuner card, I use tvheadend for satellite TV.

I've never seen anyone with a USB Sat Tuner using CoreELEC. The major problem is you have to be really careful with DVB driver support.

The most success is people using IP Network - Sat. tuners & TvHeadend software (which can run on CoreELEC) .....
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Telestar-DIGI...B016XL584C

... or the older AML S912 DVBS2 Mecool K1 devices as detailed in this thread:

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/which-d...eelec/5867

Loving this remote feels sturdy featuring a sleek ergonomic design and great tactile feedback. It has IR learning, gyro and a microphone. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001567621187.html

(2020-11-20, 07:08)SEIKT Wrote: Loving this remote feels sturdy featuring a sleek ergonomic design and great tactile feedback. It has IR learning, gyro and a microphone. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001567621187.html

Bluetooth or a regular, more reliable, and compatible with everything - Mini USB dongle RF receiver ?

(2020-11-20, 08:36)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 07:08)SEIKT Wrote: Loving this remote feels sturdy featuring a sleek ergonomic design and great tactile feedback. It has IR learning, gyro and a microphone. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001567621187.html

Bluetooth or a regular, more reliable, and compatible with everything - Mini USB dongle RF receiver ?

RF buddy. It has the whole package. She's a keeper.
Nice - added to the list on Page #1 of this thread !

(2020-11-20, 06:14)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-11-19, 15:03)Friend Wrote:

W.

I've never seen anyone with a USB Sat Tuner using CoreELEC. The major problem is you have to be really careful with DVB driver support.

The most success is people using IP Network - Sat. tuners & TvHeadend software (which can run on CoreELEC) .....

Munchas Thank you for your reply. I have bought the X96Air Amlogic S905X3 4GB / 64Rom. I also have the Mecool K3 PRO and Magicsee C400 Plus, would the Satellite IP network of these boxes be a good option for the X96Air ?. I mean to use the Mecool or Magicsee as transmitters from Tvheadend to the X96, is another satellite IP signal transmitter a good option or better? Thank you
Can someone please advise a box I can purchase in UK for my requirements.

I wish to run Kodi or corelec

And play movies from usb drive

I don't need 4k and don't have surround sound.

I just need it to be reliable and have a working remote with it.

Something simple what boots directly into Kodi or I just have to click on Kodi to load it.

I have all my films on usb drive

I won't be streaming or anything like that

Thanks Sim
(2020-11-20, 13:58)simrose Wrote: Can someone please advise a box I can purchase in UK for my requirements.

I wish to run Kodi or corelec

And play movies from usb drive

I don't need 4k and don't have surround sound.

I just need it to be reliable and have a working remote with it.

Something simple what boots directly into Kodi or I just have to click on Kodi to load it.

I have all my films on usb drive

I won't be streaming or anything like that

Thanks Sim

This is all you need - £28.99 - Ebay UK - X96 MAX+ 2GB+16GB Android 9.0 TV Box Amlogic S905X3 2.4/5Ghz Dual WIFI (click)

Plus of course a some sort of cheap microSDHC to initially flash CoreELEC on to, then you can copy it to internal eMMC storage using these tools....

And if you install CoreELEC you can then use this....

Hint us the free and real easy to use Etcher software to flash "-ng" Generic CoreELEC image.gz to microSDHC:
https://www.balena.io/etcher/

W.

(2020-11-20, 11:28)Friend Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 06:14)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-11-19, 15:03)Friend Wrote: Many thanks for your reply. Any recommendation on this device for usb satellite tuner card, I use tvheadend for satellite TV.

Munchas Thank you for your reply. I have bought the X96Air Amlogic S905X3 4GB / 64Rom. I also have the Mecool K3 PRO and Magicsee C400 Plus, would the Satellite IP network of these boxes be a good option for the X96Air ?. I mean to use the Mecool or Magicsee as transmitters from Tvheadend to the X96, is another satellite IP signal transmitter a good option or better? Thank you

I'm not sure what you are asking now....

Do you already have a working CoreELEC "Hybrid" box with a Satellite Tuner included, already running TvHeadend server ?
If so why do you need - yet another Sat Tuner box ?

Another one seems un-neccesary if you already have "Hybrid" devices with Sat. Tuners already included, like your Mecool K3 PRO and Magicsee C400 Plus. Are the Sat. Tuners in them not working with CoreELEC and a TvHeadend server ?

The Sat. IP devices are standalone units that you home network link into any Linux OS based box that is running the TvHeadend server software, then you can feed TvH streams all over the house to other Kodi boxes running the TvHeadend PVR Addon client. Or even watch TV on the same device.

Huh

(2020-11-20, 16:43)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 11:28)Friend Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 06:14)wrxtasy Wrote: I've never seen anyone with a USB Sat Tuner using CoreELEC. The major problem is you have to be really careful with DVB driver support.

Do you already have a working CoreELEC "Hybrid" box with a Satellite Tuner included, already running TvHeadend server ?

Another one seems un-neccesary if you already have "Hybrid" devices with Sat. Tuners already included, like your Mecool K3 PRO and Magicsee C400 Plus. Are the Sat. Tuners in them not working with CoreELEC and a TvHeadend server ?

The Sat. IP devices are standalone units that you home network link into any Linux OS based box that is running the TvHeadend server software, then you can feed TvH streams all over the house to other Kodi boxes running the TvHeadend PVR Addon client. Or even watch TV on the same device.

Huh

Thanks for your reply. If I have the Magicsee C400 Plus running by CoreELEC with Tvheadend and its satellite tuner with motorized parabolic. I also have the Mecool K3 Pro by AlexELEC with a different motorized dish. The two boxes work very well but I am looking for an Amlogic S905X3 box with better performance in reproduction and sound, that is why I bought the one that you recommended. I would like my new X96Air box to also have Tvheadend, so I ask the best way to have Satellite TV on the X96 Air. For a better reproduction of the Satellite channels in the X96 Air, is it better to use the additional usb tuner or to use the IP tvheadend transmission of the Mecool and Magicsee?
(2020-11-20, 17:17)Friend Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 16:43)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 11:28)Friend Wrote: Munchas Thank you for your reply. I have bought the X96Air Amlogic S905X3 4GB / 64Rom. I also have the Mecool K3 PRO and Magicsee C400 Plus, would the Satellite IP network of these boxes be a good option for the X96Air ?. I mean to use the Mecool or Magicsee as transmitters from Tvheadend to the X96, is another satellite IP signal transmitter a good option or better? Thank you

Huh

Thanks for your reply. If I have the Magicsee C400 Plus running by CoreELEC with Tvheadend and its satellite tuner with motorized parabolic. I also have the Mecool K3 Pro by AlexELEC with a different motorized dish. The two boxes work very well but I am looking for an Amlogic S905X3 box with better performance in reproduction and sound, that is why I bought the one that you recommended. I would like my new X96Air box to also have Tvheadend, so I ask the best way to have Satellite TV on the X96 Air. For a better reproduction of the Satellite channels in the X96 Air, is it better to use the additional usb tuner or to use the IP tvheadend transmission of the Mecool and Magicsee?

Just run the TvHeadend HTSP Client PVR Addon on your X96 CoreELEC box and point it at either of the two existing Hybrid DVB boxes running the TvHeadend server.
Enter one of either the Mecool or Magicsee TvH server IP addresses into that Addon in the "Tvheadend hostname or IP Address" box.

Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen seems to be recommended here after the Shield but it doesn't have a real Ethernet port and instead uses a USB adapter which I assume only supports 100 Mbit? This seems really low for high bitrate stuff.
  • 254(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28