• 4(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2016-01-13, 15:57)dukester Wrote:
(2016-01-13, 15:53)tyem Wrote: Yep, I guess i should've read that first... my bad. But if i ask just for an 60 euros tv box running android 5.1 only for kodi online content with a decent remote?
What would you recommend?

google nexus player is a good bet for that price.
Yes I agree with dukester, Android Marshmallow 6.0, nice interface, & remote control, WiFi plus support from Google.

Far better idea than a rubbish Box from Asia thats very likely to have Firmware bugs.

(2016-01-13, 15:57)dukester Wrote:
(2016-01-13, 15:53)tyem Wrote: Yep, I guess i should've read that first... my bad. But if i ask just for an 60 euros tv box running android 5.1 only for kodi online content with a decent remote?
What would you recommend?

google nexus player is a good bet for that price.

That was my first choice... not available where I live ( in Belgium) even if it's available in France and Germany.. Google..
And even if in US is around $50, and I heard at Target was $25 at some point, in europe is 100 euros (around $110) because... Europe.
Thank you anyway, i'll just wander through forums more.
@wrxtasy @dukester if any of you can recommend an website that can deliver the Nexus Player to Europe, Belgium, would be great.
(2016-01-13, 16:14)tyem Wrote: @wrxtasy @dukester if any of you can recommend an website that can deliver the Nexus Player to Europe, Belgium, would be great.

maybe ebay or amazon, im not really sure tho because your going to have a hard time finding any box in that price range even in the USA besides the fire TV sticks which are on android 5.0 iirc but they use amazons closed ecosystem so you wont be getting android TV style control with that one and they are not the most powerful devices around and there's no 24p support with them either.. tough one, either up your budget or go china box, but be prepared to have to mess with the firmware at a minimum, theres no support from the manufacturers and the devices are basically community maintained on freaktab . probably wont get any help here with those devices either.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Don't get me wrong, I could get my budget up to like 100 euros for the Nexus Player, or maybe you could recommend something around 100 give or take, but I won't pay 150 euros for something with functions and performances I will never need or use.
Yep thats sums it up, with Android boxes, you get what you pay for. Cheap = DIY + frustration for a Newbie.

Just had a look for the current price on a WeTek Core. They must have had a very busy Christmas as all stock is sold out currently. They were 99 Euros previously excluding shipping from Slovenia.

Hi guys, total newb here but I did manage to get Kodi on my Galaxy S6 and I'm hooked.

I'm now interested in getting a Kodi/Adroid box and I'm torn between the Google Nexus Player and the Himedia Q5. I want the best audio and video playback possible. Price isn't really a huge issue since they seem to all be under $200. But would the NVIDIA Shield be worth the $240 price tag?

I really want something I can easily get support with for add on tutorials. Keep in mind I am in Canada and I'm a little more limited in selection.
(2016-01-13, 16:37)wrxtasy Wrote: Yep thats sums it up, with Android boxes, you get what you pay for. Cheap = DIY + frustration for a Newbie.

Just had a look for the current price on a WeTek Core. They must have had a very busy Christmas as all stock is sold out currently. They were 99 Euros previously excluding shipping from Slovenia.

I looked for that one too, on Amazon.fr it's 169 Euros , around $185, is it worth that kind of money? Cause if it is really that great i'll just wait a bit longer and get it or one at that price.
But I have to be honest, it seems rather expensive. Can you tell me where did u find it with 99? even if it's out of stock.

P.S. And also, is the Wetek Core better than the Nexus player, cause around 108 euros ( shipment included from UK) I found the Nexus player on ebay but i will need an uk adapter I think.
BTW, is it allowed to put a link here from amazon.fr to ask you about a particular tv Box?
(2016-01-13, 17:25)tyem Wrote:
(2016-01-13, 16:37)wrxtasy Wrote: Yep thats sums it up, with Android boxes, you get what you pay for. Cheap = DIY + frustration for a Newbie.

I looked for that one too, on Amazon.fr it's 169 Euros , around $185, is it worth that kind of money? Cause if it is really that great i'll just wait a bit longer and get it or one at that price.
But I have to be honest, it seems rather expensive. Can you tell me where did u find it with 99? even if it's out of stock.

P.S. And also, is the Wetek Core better than the Nexus player, cause around 108 euros ( shipment included from UK) I found the Nexus player on ebay but i will need an uk adapter I think.

You can order the Weetek core on their official website for that price.
Should be no problem to ship to belgium I would think

http://wetek.com/shop
@psysfaction Thank you, it's 120 on their website and that's nice. Not in the stock right now tho, but I see that shipments is 3-7 working days and FREE, i wasn't expecting that. i can select Belgium when i proceed to checkout 9 I tried with the Wetek Play)

BTW what's with the Wetek Play, it's only 10 euros more expensive, is it better or worse?

Anyway, WeTek Core seems to be the box everyone recommends.
(2016-01-13, 17:39)tyem Wrote: BTW, is it allowed to put a link here from amazon.fr to ask you about a particular tv Box?
If its Hardware starting with Tron... containing GPL VidOn rubbish expect a warning from the Mods. Fully loaded boxes will be frowned upon as well as they are full of Banned Addons and Pirate crap.

I would not be paying jacked up prices for a WeTek Core, when we already know they are actually cheaper direct from WeTek.

WeTek play runs an old slower AMLogic SoC. I would only use it for OpenELEC and DVB TV viewing with a plug in DVB Tuner.

(2016-01-13, 17:56)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-01-13, 17:39)tyem Wrote: BTW, is it allowed to put a link here from amazon.fr to ask you about a particular tv Box?
If its Hardware starting with Tron... containing GPL VidOn rubbish expect a warning from the Mods. Fully loaded boxes will be frowned upon as well as they are full of Banned Addons and Pirate crap.

I would not be paying jacked up prices for a WeTek Core, when we already know they are actually cheaper direct from WeTek.

It was a VicTsing model Emish something, I honestly don't know if they are allowed or not here, I was just curious was something like from 130 euros to 66 promotion. ( http://www.amazon.fr/VicTsing-Android-Lo...ng+android ) I hope I didn't break any rule.

But I think I made up my mind with the Wetek Core. it's strange tho because when i select Wetek Play (129.39 euros) I can select 4 versions, and the one with no DVB tuner is 108.90 so should i expect the Wetek Core to have different versions and without DVB to be like 100 istead of 119?

And yet again, what's the deal with the Wetek Play? better or worse than Wetek Core? or is it a totally different thing?
As already stated, Play is for those that specifically want a all in one OpenELEC Kodi DVB TV Tuner box. Its and older and slower AMLogic SoC. You can choose from a bunch of different TV tuners, that is why the different versions.

That VicTsing is a Rockchip SoC and not recommended if you want to run mainstream Kodi versions into the future. We have never heard of it. Stay away from Allwinner as well.

Buy something popular with support as already detailed on Page #1.
You cannot go wrong them Smile

Ok, Thank you for all your support and help today, as i said in my last comment, I will jsut wait for the Wetek Core to become available and i'll go with it.

I'll just have one more question Wetek Core or Matricom G-Box Q ? What will you rather go for?

I know I've been a pain with all these questions so.. thanks again, you guys have been awesome.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28