• 35(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
Yeah that's right. I've only tried a few docker VMs, but I wasn't limited to just one.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-06-02, 22:32)timstephens24 Wrote: Yeah that's right. I've only tried a few docker VMs, but I wasn't limited to just one.

Thanks for the testing!
Are you using any media scrapper on your nas?
Nope, I just let Kodi (Artwork Downloader) grab everything when it updates.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
There are NAS threads, one good recent one about Synology. Look there because this is off topic. But since I'm here I want to mention that it's not a great idea to run Kodi from the NAS. It should be for serving only. Get another box to use like a rasberry Pi or nVidia shield to run kodi.
That is my idea.
I just wanted to use a "server" software for scraping.

I searched for nas threads and one pointed to the old pick the right kodi box thread. ?
But I will look again
(2016-06-03, 06:48)Stimmenhotel Wrote: Are you using any media scrapper on your nas?

Check emby.media server. I use it in combination with openmediavault and kodi (emby for kodi addon). Offtopic end! Wink
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Hi guys I use my android box purely for kodi (m8c) but it really struggles with HD content, should I upgrade to a new box? If so which one? I did an internet speed test and I'm currently going at 24mbits. Is this fast enough?
M8C appears to have Amlogic S812 SoC, which should not struggle w/HD content ... looks like you're trying to stream HD from a video add-on? It could either be an issue w/the source, lacking f/w on M8C and/or you're using wi-fi and that isn't cutting it.

Try wired and/or increasing the streaming buffer size via advancedsettings.xml.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
thanks for your reply, yes I'm trying to stream HD from a video addon. I'm using my Ethernet cable direct to my router and hav already modified advancedsettings. Xml. That's why I was thinking it's either my box or speed of Internet
Kodi has not control over the quality of video and delivery transport mechanisms, streaming from Video Addons. Particularly if they are banned illegal piracy addons. No Hardware device will cure a dodgy internet server that cannot serve video streams in a timely manner across the internet.

You could buy an Intel i7 NUC and still get the same shit dodgy video streaming results.

thanks for your reply, yes I'm trying to stream HD from a video addon. I'm using my Ethernet cable direct to my router and hav already modified advancedsettings. Xml. That's why I was thinking it's either my box or speed of Internet
Not Internet w/24Mbps, so I'm guessing it's the source.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Hello Fellas, I have skimmed through the main post (I am that technical thought), and have realized that i might need some spoon feeding or help w.r.to the Media player that i need to buy.

Have summarized my requirement as below. Till now whatever research i have done, looks like only ONE media player fits, i.e. Himdia Q10 Pro. However it is above my budget.

Under such circumstances, do you recommend any other player which might fit the USD 100-150 range ?

1. Full ISO 3D files + Half SBS/Upper Lower (light menu will also do, but all 3D files should run in 3D)
2. MKV files (this should not be an issue)
3. Support for ATMOS, DTS HD MA etc. pass-through
4. 4K content (thought I don't own a 4K LED yet, but being future proof)
5. H.265, as i have reading that this format will soon become mainstream, hence player should support this as well.
6. Support for HDD, will connect external HDD in which movies will be stored.
7. Netflix, Hulu etc NOT a must.

Current Setup -

1. Benq HT1075 1080P 3D DLP & a Samsung 55" Series 6 LED.
2. Onkyo TX-NR 737 with Jamo S 628
3. WD Media Player (runs ISO but not in 3D, only H-SBS it supports, no problem with MKV's though) - Want to retire this guy !

Look forward for your inputs.

Thanks & Peace always !
Suggestion:
Ditch the 3D Frame Packed (ie 1080p) ISO video playback requirement and more choices open up.

Both devices running LibreELEC / Kodi:

- Intel Chromebox, limited to Software decoding of 8/10bit HEVC(H265), there will be a hard HEVC Bitrate limit however where it will run out of CPU Ponies to software decode, particularly 4K HEVC. Comprehensive Audio support on the Chromebox.
4K will be limited to 30Hz video output due to HDMI 1.4 connection, which equals movies only running at 23.976fps.

- ODROID C2. Does actually decode 3D ISO's and switches the TV Automatically into 3D, see my Signature link below for details.
Keep an eye on this POST for 3D testing updates.
Any Audio/Video limitations are listed HERE
Does everything else you require for 4K and 8/10bit HEVC Hardware decoding, HDMI 2.0 connector.
You will need an USB powered hub or an Externally powered Hard Drive for reliability when connecting HDD's to ARM devices like the RPi / C2's.

I'm using a celeron j1900 box - GB-BXBT-1900 and it plays anything I throw at it. It can even decode 1080p hi10p + FLAC high bitrate stuff.
HEVC 8bit/10bit is no problem too.

It's only HDMI 1.4, but for $100 and its an intel, not like your arm processors.
Get one and just throw some old ddr3l that you have and some ssd, then you're good to go.

Good cheap box for everything.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28