• 43(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
Well it should play hsbs and htab just fine
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-08-13, 04:19)jmalcolm001 Wrote:
(2016-08-12, 16:10)KILLERNADS Wrote: Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, but i couldn't find the exact answer on the first post.

I have a nVidia Shield connected to my 4k Epson Laser Projector through an Arcam AVR.

I wanted to know if its possible to play Full 3D ISO (i guess that would be full frame packing), can this be done on the Shield? Or do i have to rely on a windows based machine to do it? or maybe even an alternative box?

Thanks for the help!

The Shield will not play 3D in any format. Take a look at this other forum for 3D capable players.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221407

ok thanks, yeh looks like side by side will only be possible which is a shame as i really need it to work from a ISO Sad
Get a pi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
HiMedia Q10/Q5 Pro play 3D.
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV
@KILLERNADS

As an extra bonus if you buy the HiMedia Q10 Pro, yes you get 3D but you also get stuttering 23.976 video playback. i.e. playback of most movies. See Page #1 of hdmkv's two 3D threads for details of 3D hardware.

@wrxtasy Stuttering 23.976 files is solved in the last test update and will come out end of this month!
Well I hope so for Q10 users sake, but...

Until that is verified independently by a whole bunch of users, after using the device for longer than just a brief test period then call me sceptical.
Fractional Refresh Rates (23.976/29.97/59.94) take quite a bit of Firmware work to get anywhere near playing video with acceptable video Sync.

Can someone help out a newbie like me.

I just want the ability to stream movies in the car via hdmi so my kids can watch movies during trips. I have tons of kids movies on a 1 terabyte portable drive.

I really need the ability to auto resume where the movie left off when I turn the car back on.

What device works best for me?
(2015-12-21, 03:52)wrxtasy Wrote: 7.1 HD Audio decoding to lossless Multichannel PCM audio output:
- Apple devices running OSX / Kodi
- Various Intel devices - NUC's, Chromebox, Braswell
- Intel Cherry Trail microarchitecture, running Windows.
- RPi 2/3
- nVIDIA Shield (can do full HD Audio passthrough using native Android Apps).
- Google Nexus Player
- WeTek Core running WeTek's Jarvis 16.1 Mediaplayer, see HERE
- WeTek Hub running WeTek's Jarvis 16.1 Mediaplayer.
I doubt you intended this list to be exhaustive but you can add the Amazon Fire TV 2 to the list of "7.1 HD Audio decoding to lossless PCM Multichannel audio output" devices as it works for me.

It should be noted though that a lot of devices I have tried with Kodi and 7.1 PCM suffer from this unresolved bug. The surround back and side surround channels are reversed - surround back plays on surround sides and vice versa. Using the "Dolby TrueHD 7.1 Channel Check" and "DTS-HD MA 7.1 Speaker Phase sample videos, I have confirmed that bug on

Fire TV 2: Kodi 16.1, SPMC 16.3, and Kodi 17 alpha2
Nexus Player: Kodi 16.1 and Kodi 17 alpha2
Macbook Pro Retina OSX: Kodi 16.1

The channels are mapped correctly on

Windows (mac intel bootcamp): Kodi 16.1
AMD A50M Hudson M1: LibreELEC 7 and LibreELEC v7.90.002 ALPHA
Raspberry Pi 2: LibreELEC v7.90.002 ALPHA
Macbook Pro Retina OSX: Kodi 17.0

Edit 02/05/2017:
As of v17 final, the 7.1 PCM audio now maps correctly on Mac OS.
[quote='rchads89' pid='2391292' dateline='1470843827']
This is here for anyone interested as I have recently bought 2 boxes.

I bought the T8V4 from here :

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/product...-box-t8-4/

I have also bought a Amazon fire tv 4K box from pcworld.

Both devices run kodi very well and both are have supported firmware updates ( no problems with installing kodi 17 so future proof for a while ) .

Now this bit is interesting

ANTUTU BENCHMARK performance on these two boxes has SHOCKED me.

The T8V4 from entertainmentbox 29534 AFTS SCORE
The T8-S from DroidBOX 35175 AFTS SCORE
The QBOX 30203 AFTS SCORE
The Amazon fire tv 4k box 53245 AFTS SCORE

The T8V4 , QBOX both run with S905 chipsets where as the T8-S has the S815 chipset. The Amazon Fire TV 4K box blows the lot away.

Interesting rather surprised to say the SHIELD brings in 75XXX.

Thoughts?
..............................................................................................

Antutu shield is 144000.
Hello. Could I ask Your help on here on choosing the right media box for me, please.
I have already tried the MXV box, seemed cheap and descent specs. It did came loaded but I have reinstalled for the new kodi 16.1, so I don't even know what was on it originally. However, I couldn't manage to properly stream live tv on it, so gave it back. That's why I want some help on getting the right one this time, please.
Basically, I'm just tired of plugging my laptop on tv every time I want to watch something, so I'd like to get a media box that for it. I need it to be able to stream live tv, as I live in a foreign country and I'm going to subscribe to my national tv online services. Also, I would like to make KODI my main media center for storing and watching my films, music etc., would also like to watch some live tv on it. So what do I choose? (I thought I'd budget around £100 for this).
Thak You for the help.
I would say the Play2 from WeTek would be worth a look due to its inbuilt tuner if you are attaching an Aerial and watching Live TV.

WeTek also have a nice WeTV IPTV App that will work on the Play2 for online viewing.
http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/di...ptv-ott/p1

Basically you get what you pay for with Android Boxes. Want a device that "just works" with top notch support and custom Apps for Android then you have to pay for it. Its that simple.

Thank You for the quick reply. This does look a nice product, may be considering it.
However, I feel I didn't explain correctly. The live TV I'm going to subscribe to is just an online television, not cable. It's sort of like BBC IPlayer... So, wouldn't really need the tuner.
Maybe anything more simple for that?
Thank You.
The HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro are now one of the best Kodi Mediaplayers!
Best... not quite, but one of the top 5, yes, for 4K + 3D. Best to me would be an integrated solution (no external player) with first-rate playback of 2D, 3D, 4K w/HDR and HD audio. This doesn't exist yet.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28