• 55(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2016-10-06, 17:54)netaccs Wrote: @wrxtasy I am agree with everythink, but..
now I am trying MX player Pro and there is no sound issue with dolby and dts files.
Well you now have a Android box that can use MX Player Pro. But it now is not a Kodi box is it.

The state of play for Android Kodi Boxes:

1) There is no Kodi Android source code maintainer
2) See point (1)
3) See point (2)
4) Individual, well supported, Android Hardware platforms , are now doing their own thing because of Points (1), (2) and (3)
5) There is so much differentiation with Android Hardware itself that it is now impossible to get Kodi working properly on unsupported devices.
6) The most accelerated bug busting development I have seen for AMLogic Hardware now resides with the LibreELEC AML guys.
7) No one really cares about unsupported Android Boxes, they waste everyone's time trying to fix.
8) Kodi developers would actually like to see Kodi Android Pirate boxes die a horrible death ! (see point (3) for proof)
9) These cheap Android sellers will gladly take your money and Run. They simply don't care about anything else. Ship and forget.

Users are most welcome to buy cheap, unsupported Android hardware, but the knowledgable Kodi guys that can help simply don't have the time and simply no longer care about providing free support. Its a pointless, fruitless exercise.

You get what you pay for !

Kodi 16.1 is working very well on my unsupported box.

I hope you don't hurt yourself too much when you fall off that very very very high horse.
Watch out my horse does not shit on as it runs over you !

You are one of the lucky ones, and I bet its not a bleeding edge AMLogic box either.

@netaccs,
Please do not post inappropriate troubleshooting Android Box - Firmware fixes here in the Kodi Hardware section. They do not belong here at all. In fact Kodi is not responsible for fixing Android Firmware at all, on any box.

Your post has been transferred HERE

Ok, sorry I just wanna help other user, that buy GT1 to make kodi works perfect (as the same Kodi :-) )
Hi guys,
I have been reading forums, reviews and searching on google for two days.
I just bought a Samsung UE49KS8000 TV, ordered an Xbox One S and at the moment am still using my old Popcorn Hour C-200.
Now I would like to ask for your help in choosing the right player to get rid of my C-200.
At the beginning I was thinking about upgrading the Popcorn and getting a new A-500, but then I stumbled on this forum.
Now the main contenders are:
Nvidia Shield
Himedia Q10 Pro
Popcorn Hour A-500
I do not need any 3D playback (my new TV does not even support it) and am not interested at all in playing with it (have already the Xbox).
Music is also a non go for me on that device.
Am interested in 4k obviously and need to play movies stored on my PC/NAS or HDD.
Netflix could come in play at some point, but I could use also my Xbox for that.
Would love to get a nice Jukebox with all movies, TV Series, trailers and posters.

So, what do you suggest ?
As you don't need 3D, but do want 4K + Netflix = nVidia Shield, followed by Mi Box (out today) maybe as a budget option. Latter hasn't been well vetted yet though, so I'd wait.

And, forget "jukeboxes" Smile ... Kodi scans your movie and TV shows and provides a far better, slicker, customizable front-end that Cloud Media, Dune, etc.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Hi guys,
Just registered a few seconds ago, I was just about to place an order on a new box but after reading few posts here I really start to worry and have no idea what to buy
My budget is 75$ [not including shipping]
My top options were Beelink GT1 S912 or R-BOX Pro S912
I just found them to have the newest tech since the Rbox got 3GB ram, and both are with S912
I am clueless about Kodi and all but i am sure i will be able to set everything up myself without any issues [i now how to root devices and play with custome roms/kernels etc]
Can you please tell me what should i buy? Also where can i find the new Mi Box?
so the options are
1) Beelink GT1 S912 - 56$
2) R-BOX Pro S912 - 75$
3) NEXBOX A1 S912 - 72$
4) Xiaomi Mi Box 3rd Edition Amlogic S905 - 70$ [its the only one i found]
5) Beelink MINI MXIII II - 45$

Will help if in the recommendation can explain in simple words what exactly is bad/lacking/issue, since most of the specs on these devices is the same

Will be happy to receive a fast reply that way I will buy it today
Thanks!

Edit: Im not from the US so I cant buy from amazon, gonna order from gearbest or geekbuying unless someone can find a better site to shop in
Edit2: Go Seahawks! Smile
Please read the 2nd paragraph of Post #1 of this very thread. I am not about to go repeating info and warnings all over again.

If it just a Kodi box you want. Forget about buggy AMLogic Android Kodi boxes all together and read the following thread:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=293303

Thank you for the fast response wrxtasy,
I have read the #1 post few times already, also entered the link and read it, Also read the entire #Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options post
I guess what i dont understand is what does that mean "if it just a kodi box", I need it to watch TV and movies, I dont have any requirements I just want it to stream few TV channels and new movies/tv shows. I dont watch TV myself but its for my parents, Only thing i watch is Seahawks games and movies on weekends.[and youtube, it have to have youtube Tongue]
Again im not from the US and English is just my 4th language so maybe im missing something but i thought that this thread can actually point me to the best 75$ box, It actually just made it worse with conflicted comments and added a lot more devices to read about.
We pay 20% tax here if the product is over 75$ thats why i limit it at that amount.
The reason i started with Cheap, unsupported, buggy Android Kodi Boxes from China Is really because of the Tech, So here I am now asking for help to pick or recommend a box that will be fine.
I dont even mind getting the Raspberry Pi or ODROID C2 which you recommended on that post, if that will do the work and I can put Kodi on it for Tv channels movies and youtube. [I just noticed that Raspberry Pi is a bit weak in Tech, and would prefer to invest more $ to get something faster/smoother]

Thanks,
Vital

Edit : I looked at WeTek but both the core and play2 are out of stock

Edit2 : So i did a small research on xda forums and lots of people bought KM8, R-Box Pro, Mini M8S 2, Beelink GT1 and other Chinese cheap boxes and say they are actually impressed and pleased, this is so confusing....

Edit3: Ok maybe this question is better, which box under 75$ with LibreELEC support is recommended
I only found the 2 options of the Pi and C2, but maybe other options available? ?
You seem to think kodi is about supplying content, it isn't.

YouTube: there is a kodi addon for YouTube, no problem there.

TV: there are many addons allowing you to stream TV , but equally many are piracy, and not able to be discussed here. I do see an NFL addon, but I'm not sure if it currently works.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-10-08, 21:10)Vitalero Wrote: Hi guys,
Just registered a few seconds ago, I was just about to place an order on a new box but after reading few posts here I really start to worry and have no idea what to buy
I just found them to have the newest tech since the Rbox got 3GB ram, and both are with S912
I am clueless about Kodi and all but i am sure i will be able to set everything up myself without any issues [i now how to root devices and play with custome roms/kernels etc]
so the options are
2) R-BOX Pro S912 - 75$
3) NEXBOX A1 S912 - 72$

Will help if in the recommendation can explain in simple words what exactly is bad/lacking/issue, since most of the specs on these devices is the same

Thanks!

Edit: Im not from the US so I cant buy from amazon, gonna order from gearbest or geekbuying unless someone can find a better site to shop in

On your budget I would start with the Beelink GT1, overwrite the Kodi it comes installed with and replace with Kodi from the play store.

There is a lot of negative posting about low budget android boxes, but in my opinion they give you a lot of hardware for your $.

That should allow you to gain a lot of Kodi experience, if then you decide you want something better you can pass the GT1 to your parents.

If you can stretch your budget to include an air mouse I suggest you get one of these:-

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278842

Be careful, make sure you order the correct one as there are very similar looking remotes which are not as good,
(2016-10-08, 21:10)Vitalero Wrote: Hi guys,
so the options are
2) R-BOX Pro S912 - 75$
3) NEXBOX A1 S912 - 72$

Thanks!

i bought Probox2 air. plays everything great, rooted, everything i've download in google play store works, live tv smooth, OTA works awesome, dualshock controller works wireless (i have Multiple sclerosis and Arthritis and only ps3 dualshock controller feels comfortable to use)

also some other boxes have screen brightness to high (i've only tried a couple minix boxes and ouya) so i have to lower brightness on tv a lot to compensate which sucks fo PQ.

Probox2 air has exact same brightness levels as my ps3 and oppo blu ray player so no need to re calibrate

anyway, i bought 4 for family and all work fine. my only requirement is root and compatible with dualshock controller because of medical condition. many boxes don't accommodate me
@wrxtasy, just had a look at your revised post #1. Excellent work man! I'm going to direct every user asking for blanket "which box for me" or "which box is best" to this.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
If wrxtasy says s912 should be avoided, I would accept his word. There are many s905 we'll supported boxes that work with LibreELEC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28