• 83(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
How do I know I get the correct spec on my mi box? Is this one correct? http://www.lazada.co.th/mi-xiaomi-mi-box...50401.html
(2017-01-30, 22:10)rdefrei1 Wrote: K.... 2017 Fully Loaded Unlocked S912 Android 6.0 Marshmallow TV BOX Krypton 17

Device http link Removed
There is a REALLY GOOD rundown of good Kodi devices on Page#1 of this very thread, where I already talk about devices that will actually work properly with Kodi and gives warning about all the rubbish, being advertised out in the market place.

Also please read this post about "Fully Loaded" - you will get no help here on the Kodi forums for such devices. Don't get fooled by fancy advertising and bleeding edge Tech Specs, promising the earth, with all sorts of free stuff, especially with AMLogic devices sold on Amazon and Ebay. Its all Crap and lies, designed to take you money and run away with it.

The Piracy Box Sellers and Youtube Promoters Are Killing Kodi

Quote:If you see somebody selling a box that’s “fully loaded” or comes with the phrase “Free movies and TV with Kodi,” please, ask them to stop. And let us know. It’s OK to sell a vanilla Kodi box. It’s OK to sell a fully loaded box that doesn’t have Kodi installed or fully rebrands Kodi to something else entirely. It is not OK to sell a fully loaded Kodi box.

And then you have this to also read:

Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons

(2017-01-31, 02:09)thaiperson Wrote: How do I know I get the correct spec on my mi box? Is this one correct? http://www.lazada.co.th/mi-xiaomi-mi-box...50401.html
The Model (Model MDZ-16-AB) is the correct Mi Box.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2512318

The model in the link i pasted is MDZ-16-AB. So, this is the wrong box, I presume.
Whoops...
Sorry there is a Typo in my above Post, MDZ-16-AB is the correct Mi Box

oh, ok. Thanks!
So I decided to get the MI Box but it comes from China, is there a place to buy from US? I'm also looking to add VPN to be on the safe side any advice?

Xiaomi MI BOX Internatinal Android TV 6.0 Smart TV Box Quad Core Set-top Box with Youtube Netflix 4K DTS Dolby IPTV Media Player

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/xiaomi-m....15.6WRKMp

Also could someone confirm is that the correct one to buy? Thanks.
What's the best wireless keyboard to use with MI Box?
Hi All!
Please if some one has one minute to advice me, I cant find "golden path after what i red in this forum":

I need:
- 1080p, maybe in future 4K (no 3D)
- hd audio 5.1, dts pass
- optical output

I wish (not condition) :
- CEC
- Ethernet

Currently I´m running on HTPC Asrock with AMD processor, but I want less consumption and less space.

sorry for bothering and thanks!!!
(2017-01-31, 16:36)rdefrei1 Wrote: So I decided to get the MI Box but it comes from China, is there a place to buy from US ?
Yes there sure is in the US...from...

Wally World !

(2017-01-31, 16:36)rdefrei1 Wrote: I'm also looking to add VPN to be on the safe side any advice?

The safe side of what? Piracy?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-01, 12:05)Mikeed Wrote: Hi All!
Please if some one has one minute to advice me, I cant find "golden path after what i red in this forum":

I need:
- hd audio 5.1, dts pass
- optical output

I wish (not condition) :
- CEC
- Ethernet

Currently I´m running on HTPC Asrock with AMD processor, but I want less consumption and less space.

You do realise you won't get HD audio from optical out?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-30, 23:33)viz55 Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 16:34)wrxtasy Wrote: @viz55,

Not sure where you are getting Mi Box Pro from, these are the Mi Boxes we are talking about: (Model MDZ-16-1AB):
Forget about 3S/ 3 enhanced they are Chinese Domestic market only. No Android TV.

Mi Box - International version - Ships from Spain or China

Solutions Shop

Flashing a ODROID C2 SD/eMMC is dead easy if you can point and Click a Mouse Wink
It will work out of the gate. I'm not using any complicated workarounds.

Flashing ODROID C2

LibreELEC on the C2 will support a wider variety of Video codecs, more seamlessly than any AMLogic Android device running Kodi.

WeTek's have built in Dual Boot already. You need to follow and read all the info in the links in Page #1 regarding Mi Box vs the WeTek Hub.

thank you once more!
here is the site of the xiaomi that i though it was the original
http://xiaomi-mi.com/tv-boxes/

i have already read the mi box vs wetek hub thread . very helpful.
i have currently narrow down my list to ones you suggest mi box, wetek hub and odroid c2
thanks again, your advice were very helpful

Hello again wrxtasy,
i hope this would be my last post on the subject.
given the fact that i read quite a lot of your threads on this forum as well as in wetek's and other forums on wetek hub and play2.
Consider that the 20euro price difference is no object and that TV tuner is not sth to be missed, i would like to hear your suggestion for me between these two finals. Is the development of both firmwares going to continue in a good pace? does the 1 GB more RAM makes any difference? Is the progress of the firmware development leans more on hub (marshmallow already complete) or is just a matter of time for play2 because of tv tuner drivers ...? how identical are the firmwares and the LibreElec of these machines if we exclude the TV tuner capabilities? i am thinking to go more with play2 given the fact that is a newer model (=>more future) with a far more better remote and IR as you state in your threads. I would be very glad if you give me your personal opinion on this.
Thanks in advance!
(2017-02-01, 12:05)Mikeed Wrote: Hi All!

I need:
- hd audio 5.1, dts pass
- optical output

I wish (not condition) :
- CEC
- Ethernet

Answer - an Intel / AsRock Apollo Lake upgrade will get you 10bit HEVC Hardware decoding and 4K, usually Optical output as well. I think HDMI-CEC has been introduced for Intel Apollo. No idea how comprehensive support of it is in say LibreELEC. See the relevant Apollo Hardware thread.

Otherwise budget end of the market any 2GB AMLogic S905 with device (eMMC Flash Storage) running LibreELEC Kodi Krypton, like the ODROID C2. Combine that with a HDMI > Optical Audio extractor and a Wireless remote like the MINIX A2 Lite and you have a pretty decent setup. This definitely does comprehensive HDMI CEC, HD Audio, 4K, and will play anything you throw at it, excluding HDR.

@viz55,

Some general points....

- 1GB Android devices will have more low level memory management and garbage collection routines running more often than 2GB Android devices. They can be slower when all this low level OS maintenance is occurring more often.

- Android Marshmallow is at least 2X faster than Android Lollipop on AMLogic Android devices.

- Wireless remote control response times and button pressing GUI reaction times are superior vs Infra Red only remotes. No Line of sight issues with Wireless remotes. The WeTek IR Hub remote is the worst I have in the house, its an easy fix tho by purchasing a Wireless remote like the MINIX A2 Lite.

- Android TV OS (Mi Box, Shield, Ricardo's ROMS on WeTek) or Amazon's Fire OS is far easier to use for the general public than generic touchscreen Android, which needs an Air Mouse / Touchpad Keyboard to use touchscreen Android Apps properly. Even then some people find manipulating Air Mouse cursors on a TV screen painful and a right royal PITA.

I'm even starting to Nickname this old touchscreen Android - a dinosaur OS so far as media player device use is concerned.

- For AMLogic LibreELEC Krypton - the ODROID C2 / Hub / Play2 all share that same AML Linux Kernel, same Kodi patches and are all officially supported by LibreELEC.

- WeTek Hub Marshmallow Firmware is no where near complete. Dual boot Android / LibreELEC is broken with that image as well. Sad

- The AMLogic S905X - Xiaomi Mi Box is a superior AMLogic Android only device (not Android Kodi box) in the budget marketspace. Once Kodi refresh switching is fixed on the Mi Box, it will be a pretty decent Android Kodi device as well.

• 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28