START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated January 2020)
[I'm not going to claim to be an expert (far from it), but I've owned the following devices to use for Kodi since 2007/2008 (in order):

- Custom built HTPC with Windows (high end specs for the time)
- Small off-the-shelf ITX computer with Windows (Intel Atom powered)
- 2 rooted FireTV's
- 1 rooted FireStick
- Custom built HTPC with LibreELEC (same computer as above, just ditched Windows for OpenELEC, then LibreELEC)
- Small off-the-shelf ITX computer with LibreELEC (same situation as above)
- Nvidia Shield

I was in a similar situation as you in regards to needing a high WAF, and the only boxes that my wife didn't constantly complain to me about (and subsequently I would need to tinker with) were the boxes with LibreELEC and the Shield. She now uses the Shield on a daily basis without any trouble, and in the rare event that something goes wrong, the interface is simple enough that she can reboot the box herself, and that 99% of the time fixes the problem.

My advice to you would be to stay away from Windows if you don't a) want to tinker and b) want a high WAF.

In regards to which LibreELEC box to get, I couldn't help you with that, but I can't recommend the Shield enough. Works great with my new 4k OLED TV, and have been using it since 2015 with almost 0 problems.

[/quote][/color]

Hi, @feerlessleadr

Why you cannot recommend enough the Nvidia Shield?
I also want something simple to mount and enjoy. Nowadays I prefer to buy o good phone with proper support for firmware, rather having to install every time new custom roms with the permissive that a miracle will happen.
But, in my case I am interested in Android and libreelec dual boot. I also tried to find a NAS capable of installing libreelec or kodi, but had no success

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated March 2017) - by jonascotch - 2017-03-17, 01:53
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04