• 98(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2017-04-03, 11:24)JohnWB Wrote: Would the ODROID C2 work any better than, say the Wetek Hub (or Play2) if both were using LibreELEC.

I guess either would do full HD Audio and 1080p / 4K - 10bit HEVC(H265) Hardware decoding and HDMI 2.0.

Would you only go for the ODROID C2 if you didn't mind doing the hands on work to get it going, or if you wanted to save money.

Not having owned either I could not say, but was partly going on wrxtasy's comments. Wetek Hub is mostly sold on Amazon here, and does not have hardly any reviews, the reviews that exist mention the air mouse being awful, and the play 2 reviews are not good.

I don't mind the hands on bit with C2 but actually would prefer out of the box (or near to).

I think both the C2 and Wetek hub use IR remotes only from what I read, the device will be hidden in a cupboard, so I ideally want to use a bluetooth/rf remote or my logitech harmony remote. Logitech reportsd both as compatible on their device list, but in reality which one will work well?
By the way I priced the two up (not that I am that focused on cost but don;t want to spend > £100).

The odroid C2 with case, remote, psu (and assuming I can find an SD card lying around) = £75 delivered
The wetek hub = £90 delivered
(2017-04-03, 09:59)tmihai20 Wrote: I have a XU4, I use it as a NAS. Get the C2 because it can do H.265 4K/60FPS and H.264 4K/30FPS. XU4 is more powerful, but it is not media ready, C2 is media ready.

Great response!
Thank you Smile
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2017-04-03, 15:41)ex_directory Wrote: By the way I priced the two up (not that I am that focused on cost but don;t want to spend > £100).

The odroid C2 with case, remote, psu (and assuming I can find an SD card lying around) = £75 delivered
The wetek hub = £90 delivered
There is another option that comes fully Specced, with a Wireless remote and works out of the Box with OSMC Kodi Krypton. 100M Ethernet as its using a AML S905X.
OSMC will already be running off faster Internal eMMC flash...

Vero 4K

LibreELEC and Sam Nazarko from OSMC share quite a bit of Open Source common code so far as Kodi Krypton and the underlying AMLogic Linux Kernel is concerned. Wink

I would love to get my hands on the Wireless OSMC remote to use on other Kodi devices. After sampling quite a few remotes - I'm a big fan of tightly integrate, simple, responsive Wireless ones on devices that come with excellent Firmware and Software.

Wink 
I don't want to consider a third option - too many options already!! Wink

And it's £120 plus 17 for a remote so breaks the £100 budget!

(2017-04-03, 12:04)ex_directory Wrote: I think both the C2 and Wetek hub use IR remotes only from what I read, the device will be hidden in a cupboard, so I ideally want to use a bluetooth/rf remote or my logitech harmony remote. Logitech reportsd both as compatible on their device list, but in reality which one will work well?

Any thoughts on this?
I think you will find the Vero 4K already comes with everything in the box already inc. the RF remote.

I use a MINIX A2 Lite Wireless Mini Keyboard remote with both the Hub and C2. A TV's HDMI-CEC connected remote control can also be used for very basic Kodi use.

LibreELEC Kodi does not need much memory. You can stream high bitrate up to 4K video, over GigaE with only 1GB of RAM easily.

The advantage with the WeTek Hub is it comes packaged with a Infra Red receiver extender Cord, that can poke out from inside a closed cupboard if you wanted to use your existing Harmony Remote.

Fastest, most compatible micro SDHC cards for AML devices are Samsung EVO(+) or Sandisk UHS-1 Class 10.

(2017-04-03, 11:24)JohnWB Wrote: Would the ODROID C2 work any better than, say the Wetek Hub (or Play2) if both were using LibreELEC.

I guess either would do full HD Audio and 1080p / 4K - 10bit HEVC(H265) Hardware decoding and HDMI 2.0.

Would you only go for the ODROID C2 if you didn't mind doing the hands on work to get it going, or if you wanted to save money.
There is no hands on work in getting it going. Flash emmc, plug in emmc, power and hdmi, job done.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-04-03, 22:12)nickr Wrote:

There is no hands on work in getting it going. Flash emmc, plug in emmc, power and hdmi, job done.

I assume you are referring to the c2.

What remote control are you using?

Can anyone answer the question above please
LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV 4K, NowTV, Airport Extremes
Virtually exactly the same when running LE on all three.

The WeTek's will give you dual boot and the ability to use Android Apps & HD Netflix etc. This can be easily flip / flopped via the WeTek's IR remotes. So you have more flexibility.

The C2 will give you slightly better HDMI-CEC - OFF / On control - a HDMI CEC connected TV can signal the C2 to turn itself on, when the TV is turned on.
The WeTek's currently do not offer that. But these devices use so little power you can leave them on 24/7 anyway.

C2 can be safely CPU and RAM overclocked and its easier just flashing LE to faster eMMC Flash storage and then just plugging eMMC in and power up.

I have not taken into account included WiFi or IR remote controls or cases.

It really depends what you features you really need in the end.

I recommend a Wireless remote when using any Kodi media player for immediate Graphic User Interface responsiveness.

Hi Wrxtasy
April month started waiting for your update in the main page.[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N9208
(2017-04-04, 14:51)wrxtasy Wrote: Virtually exactly the same when running LE on all three.

The WeTek's will give you dual boot and the ability to use Android Apps & HD Netflix etc. This can be easily flip / flopped via the WeTek's IR remotes. So you have more flexibility.

The C2 will give you slightly better HDMI-CEC - OFF / On control - a HDMI CEC connected TV can signal the C2 to turn itself on, when the TV is turned on.
The WeTek's currently do not offer that. But these devices use so little power you can leave them on 24/7 anyway.

C2 can be safely CPU and RAM overclocked and its easier just flashing LE to faster eMMC Flash storage and then just plugging eMMC in and power up.

I have not taken into account included WiFi or IR remote controls or cases.

It really depends what you features you really need in the end.

I recommend a Wireless remote when using any Kodi media player for immediate Graphic User Interface responsiveness.

Excellent answer, just what i needed to know, looks like one of the Weteks for me.

Is there any particular wireless remote that you would recommend.
LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV 4K, NowTV, Airport Extremes
(2017-04-03, 19:28)wrxtasy Wrote: I use a MINIX A2 Lite Wireless Mini Keyboard remote with both the Hub and C2. A TV's HDMI-CEC connected remote control can also be used for very basic Kodi use.

Hi wrxtasy,

I know this is a "pick the right kodi BOX"-thread,
but I don't wanted to create a new thread, because my question is related to those boxes:

Are there any remotes with changeable battery, 2.4GHz and headphone jack (and as superior version with learnable IR functions?)
The Rii i25A does the audio part but does not have changeable batteries and no IR (learning).
Mele F10 Deluxe does not have headphone jack neither changeable batteries, but has IR learning.

Anything between these?!

Thank you.
(2017-04-04, 18:56)lama0900 Wrote: Hi wrxtasy,

I know this is a "pick the right kodi BOX"-thread,
but I don't wanted to create a new thread, because my question is related to those boxes:

Are there any remotes with changeable battery, 2.4GHz and headphone jack (and as superior version with learnable IR functions?)
The Rii i25A does the audio part but does not have changeable batteries and no IR (learning).
Mele F10 Deluxe does not have headphone jack neither changeable batteries, but has IR learning.

Anything between these?!

Thank you.

I use one of these, unfortunately for you does not have headphone jack as I don't use headphones, if you order one be careful as there are similar ones advertised which are not the same specification.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278842
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28