• 115(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
LibreELEC, because that is where all but one of the OpenELEC developers went too after numerous disagreements over the direction the OE project was going. OE is pretty much a one man project these days.

This happened over a year ago. Maybe you have been living under a rock ?

(2017-06-25, 20:58)wrxtasy Wrote: I would not be relying on WiFi on any media player to give you reliable 4K playback.

4K Playback really needs to be used with LibreELEC Kodi Krypton because it can give you Auto resolution switching 1080p <<-->> 4K

Best class leading (2x2 MIMO) WiFi on AML devices is on the MINIX U1 that also can come packaged with the nice A2 Lite Wireless remote.

Best value, especially with the Kick Ass unofficial Android TV ROM and real easy dual boot to LibreELEC = WeTek Play2

Only advantage S905X gives is 10bit HDR video output and VP9 hardware decoding. Great is you like HDR test clips Wink
S905X is 100M Ethernet only vs mostly GigaE on S905

4K VP9 Youtube is restricted to official Android TV, and even then only certain platforms it seems.

I have no other option than wi-fi... Considering I've found the Minix for around 30 euros less, I think that's going to be the choice. Is there any custom rom for this device? I intend running Libreelec along with Android if possible.

Thanks!
(2017-06-21, 09:21)nickr Wrote:
(2017-06-20, 11:24)tmihai20 Wrote: @Alejandro3: It is not recommended to keep your TV box always on, no matter what you buy. I would get one of the Android S905X devices and a RPi as a downloader.
What?

Alejandro wants to use his TV box to download stuff on it, I guess this way that TV box would always be online, right? That is why I said it is not recommended to use it as a download center. TV boxes are best at playing stuff, not downloading, even if you could find a setup.
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
(2017-06-25, 22:34)Alejandro3 Wrote:
(2017-06-25, 20:58)wrxtasy Wrote: I would not be relying on WiFi on any media player to give you reliable 4K playback.

4K Playback really needs to be used with LibreELEC Kodi Krypton because it can give you Auto resolution switching 1080p <<-->> 4K

Best class leading (2x2 MIMO) WiFi on AML devices is on the MINIX U1 that also can come packaged with the nice A2 Lite Wireless remote.

Best value, especially with the Kick Ass unofficial Android TV ROM and real easy dual boot to LibreELEC = WeTek Play2

Only advantage S905X gives is 10bit HDR video output and VP9 hardware decoding. Great is you like HDR test clips Wink
S905X is 100M Ethernet only vs mostly GigaE on S905

4K VP9 Youtube is restricted to official Android TV, and even then only certain platforms it seems.

I have no other option than wi-fi... Considering I've found the Minix for around 30 euros less, I think that's going to be the choice. Is there any custom rom for this device? I intend running Libreelec along with Android if possible.

Thanks!

I believe you can buy a USB Network Adapter ,USB 2.0 to RJ45 Lan Adapter, that may help you if you need it assuming your box has USB ports.
@wrxtasy

which GBLan USB Adapter works with S905X under libreelec?
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
(2015-12-21, 03:43)wrxtasy Wrote: Q. I need full HD Audio passthrough support including Multichannel (>2.0) PCM output of 24bit/192kHz FLAC ?
(NOTE: all devices using an Android OS have 16bit Multichannel (5.1) Audio output limitations)
24-bit 96 & 192kHz Stereo (2.0) Audio output (HDMI) is possible on the Shield running Nougat.
  • WeTek Hub / Play2 (LibreELEC)
  • ODROID C2 (LibreELEC)
  • Vero 4K (OSMC)
  • Various cheap AMLogic S905 devices running LibreELEC Kodi
  • Chromeboxes
  • Intel Hardware, inc. Macs running Windows

Multichannel PCM is NOT working with Odroid C2 and Wiki's recommendation software "LibreElec wrxtasy media build".
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
(2017-06-27, 14:19)Jeffers24 Wrote: I believe you can buy a USB Network Adapter ,USB 2.0 to RJ45 Lan Adapter, that may help you if you need it assuming your box has USB ports.

So... Could I pick, for example, a cheaper KII Pro and use a external usb wifi? Or that's not possible?
(2017-06-27, 18:22)BoxFreak Wrote: Multichannel PCM is NOT working with Odroid C2 and Wiki's recommendation software "LibreElec wrxtasy media build".
It obviously needs an update and that will happen tomorrow.
@Raybuntu's 32bit build is compatible - I believe he may have recently added the media_build backports as well.

@gregb183 - Just a friendly reminder - this is not an Android support thread - see the Android Subforum for Android device problems and support

(2017-06-27, 18:25)Alejandro3 Wrote:
(2017-06-27, 14:19)Jeffers24 Wrote: I believe you can buy a USB Network Adapter ,USB 2.0 to RJ45 Lan Adapter, that may help you if you need it assuming your box has USB ports.

So... Could I pick, for example, a cheaper KII Pro and use a external usb wifi? Or that's not possible?

I thought you already had a box, but without Ethernet.

If you are looking to buy another box I would buy one with Ethernet built in, using the advice posted in this thread.
Hi Moderator,

I have something prefer to ask you but i cannot send you email even PM you,can you please let me know the reason?thanks~
I have active my account through my email.
I am still using an older Minix Neo X8-H Plus. Though it does not support Kodi 17, it always was perfect for displaying Kodi on my FullHD LCD tv.
I cannot get it to work on my receiver, other than hearing only stereo, not Dolby or DTS surround (connection over HDMI). Will this work over an optical connection? And why won't it do that over HDMI?
If this is not possible I will have to look for another Android box that does support Dolby and DTS sounds. I think this will work with the Minix U9-H or Nvidia Shield tv.
IEC Audio Firmware support is needed for Krypton Audio Passthough. I suspect the X8-H has old Android 4.4.x Firmware without that support.

First Options before new Hardware....

1) Install LibreELEC Kodi Kryton to a Samsung EVO, Sandisk or Lexar 300x Class 10 U1 microSDHC card and run a dual boot setup.
2) Install SPMC (Krypton test) from HERE and select the RAW Audio passthough options.
3) Follow the advice in this post and install an Alt. fork of Krypton.

All other MINIX Kodi support questions belong either on the Kodi Android Subforum or look in the MINIX X8-H Sub Forum.

(2017-06-28, 17:20)wrxtasy Wrote: IEC Audio Firmware support is needed for Krypton Audio Passthough. I suspect the X8-H has old Android 4.4.x Firmware without that support.

First Options before new Hardware....

1) Install LibreELEC Kodi Kryton to a Samsung EVO, Sandisk or Lexar 300x Class 10 U1 microSDHC card and run a dual boot setup.
2) Install SPMC (Krypton test) from HERE and select the RAW Audio passthough options.
3) Follow the advice in this post and install an Alt. fork of Krypton.

All other MINIX Kodi support questions belong either on the Kodi Android Subforum or look in the MINIX X8-H Sub Forum.

Is link in 2) same url as link in 1)?
Yes - sorry. Fixed. Click it again

(2017-06-28, 20:11)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes - sorry. Fixed. Click it again

Still the same for me :-(
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28