START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
Quote:
(2017-08-25, 06:01)wrxtasy Wrote: Does the cheap Android boxes mentioned in previously posts allow dual-boot between Android and LibreElec (this one installed in a sdcard)?
Yes.
Except the Xiaomi Mi Box cannot dual boot because that device is secured with SELinux.

But how easy is dual boot controlled? Is so simple as with Wetek boxes?

Quote:
Quote:Is a AML S905x box (like Beelink MINI MXIII II) better then AML S905-H (Wetek Play 2)?

Define "better" in as how it applies to how you would use the box. What features are important ?

You are absolutely right. I was not specific.
In my case I need an Android Box with bluetooth capability for connection of BT gamepads for my young kids to play with Android games.
Also, If possible to install LibreElec and enjoy a nice platform for my movie database, while taking advantage of all Libreelec potential.
I thought on buying 1 box AML S912 for my kids, and an Odroid for LibreElec. But, I couldn't reach a conclusion on what to buy. I made a list comprising Odroid C2 (or other if better), eMMc Android and controller, a power adapter and a case. An airmouse I would buy a Minix Neo A3 (or A2, depending on final budget). But, I'm not sure If this is sufficient.
Since, and unfortunately, I don't have a lot of spare time nowadays... to embrasse such project, I thought buying a "all-in-one" box that could not be "the best of the best" but at least would allow me to have android to play around with my familly, and at the same time, have the possibility of doing a dual boot to LE.
In relation to Wetek Play 2, I don't understand why is so expensive, since Wifi is poor, Android is MM and it is AML S905.
I give a big importance to a good equipment to run libreElec, that's why I considered buying Odroid, but I also could't figure out the best online shop in Europe to safely buy.

Quote:
Quote:One big disadvantage of Mecool M8S Pro+, from my point of view, is that Bluetooth is unsupported.

Not really an issue to add a Wireless remote control or Keyboard because the good ones come with their own mini USB receiver dongles.
BT Audio and adding a BT Mouse and Keyboard yes it will be a disadvantage.

But a bunch of people would rather have proper DRM than Bluetooth.

I need BT for connecting gamepads... to take advantage of android games on TV.

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated August 2017) - by jonascotch - 2017-08-26, 00:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28