• 142(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2017-09-15, 08:58)Selectaa Wrote:
(2017-08-28, 15:36)wrxtasy Wrote: Please re-read again what has already been written and linked to:

(read the TIPs)

AMLogic S905(x) - LibreELEC / OSMC - Kodi Krypton - 4K Options

Do not base you decision on sequential speeds, Its Random 4K Read / Write performance that are most important for Kodi and LibreELEC speed.

The Best microSD Cards

Maybe you could add the link to the Best microSD Cards to the first post? It's quite hard to find through searching.
Yes good idea I will add an additional section... thx.

Hello, with the latest Libreelec release is compatible with the s912 ?

" AMLogic S912 hardware works with LibreELEC but you will have to put up with noticable Kodi user interface display tearing due to poor GPU video drivers. This does not look like it will be fixed anytime soon - See HERE for details.
There is also picture tearing during Software decoded video playback.
Fixed ! with @kszaq LE 8.1.7 update.
For Audio output and when using Hardware video decoding, playback is the same as the S905X chipset devices with no picture tearing."

" Do NOT buy a AMLogic S912 box for LibreELEC, due to ongoing Linux/LibreELEC GPU video driver issues. Fixedwith @kszaq's LE 8.1.7 release"
Yes - read feedback posts from users on the actual LibreELEC AMLogic S912 sub-forum to see what devices people are using.

(2017-09-17, 04:08)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes - read feedback posts from users on the actual LibreELEC AMLogic S912 sub-forum to see what devices people are using.

Thank you for having responded, you have been very kind, the topic I think is this ? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...Logic+S912

The best android box with the s912 is the minix neo u9-h, the cheapest being the Beelink GT1, the H96 Pro +, the MECOOL BB2 PRO TV, the Mini M8S Pro TV. Apart from the minix neo u9-h, with the s912 which is the most recommended android box for LibreELEC ?
You need to pick what features are most important to you personally for audio, video, connectivity such as remote controls, WiFi etc etc:

Read this post in detail and follow the links, make yourself a must have features list:

Choosing a AML S905 / S905X / S905W / S905D box guide

(2017-09-17, 13:28)wrxtasy Wrote: You need to pick what features are most important to you personally for audio, video, connectivity such as remote controls, WiFi etc etc:

Read this post in detail and follow the links, make yourself a must have features list:

Choosing a AML S905 / S905X / S905W / S905D box guide

I thank you, the features you mentioned are all important, for the remote control is not a problem, any box I can match the minix A2 lite remote control, in the topic you told me we talk little about box with cpu s912, I also found this discussion: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5848-8...?pageNo=42 Maybe the two favorite boxes are the H96 Pro + and the Beelink GT1 Ultimate , with cpu s912 personally what box advises me for LibreELEC ? The minix neo u9-h on amazon costs 150 euro, is a little expensive.
There are a few guys that don't seem to have many LibreELEC problems with the AC WiFi - Videostong - S912 MECOOL M8S Pro
Also there is a decent ATV ROM on the Freaktab Website for that box if you want to dual boot.

(2017-09-17, 15:32)wrxtasy Wrote: There are a few guys that don't seem to have many LibreELEC problems with the AC WiFi - Videostong - S912 MECOOL M8S Pro
Also there is a decent ATV ROM on the Freaktab Website for that box if you want to dual boot.

Thanks for the advice, regarding the MECOOL M8S Pro is the wifi problem I think it solves with the external wifi module:

https://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7811Un-...811Un&th=1

Yes, the dual boot is convenient, I do not think any other android box with the s912 cpu allows a dual boot similar to the MECOOL M8S Pro: https://it.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_633835.html A user using LibreELEC told me that he was well with the Beelink GT1 Ultimate. The box android s912 most used on the forum with LibreELEC what is it ? Personally between the boxes with the s912 would you buy the MECOOL M8S Pro or another box ?
(2017-09-17, 17:34)marck120 Wrote: Thanks for the advice, regarding the MECOOL M8S Pro is the wifi problem
NO WiFi problems I know of with the WiFi chipset on the S912 M8S Pro
See HERE

Do not mix it up with the S905X M8S Pro+ where there is a no LibbreELEC WiFi available.

(2017-09-17, 17:41)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-09-17, 17:34)marck120 Wrote: Thanks for the advice, regarding the MECOOL M8S Pro is the wifi problem
NO WiFi problems I know of with the WiFi chipset on the S912 M8S Pro
See HERE

Do not mix it up with the S905X M8S Pro+ where there is a no LibbreELEC WiFi available.

Sorry I got confused, the MECOOL M8S PRO and the MECOOL M8S Pro + are two different boxes.

MECOOL M8S PRO = s912

MECOOL M8S Pro + = s905x

As you explained, wifi is not supported on the S905X M8S Pro + box, but on the s912 MECOOL M8S PRO the wifi works very well.

However, the main boxes with the s912 CPU seem to me to be these:

Minix neo u9-h
MECOOL M8S PRO
Beelink GT1 Ultimate
H96 Pro +
what the best dvb-s2 based receiver that support simple iptv client on pvr? and maybe not enigma2 receiver but should i like android based receiver
(2017-09-18, 07:17)vzoli1987 Wrote: what the best dvb-s2 based receiver that support simple iptv client on pvr? and maybe not enigma2 receiver but should i like android based receiver
What?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Mecool KI Pro Smile

Gesendet von meinem Alpha mit Tapatalk
(2017-09-13, 09:06)wrxtasy Wrote: As an example I'm currently playing around with a (Ethernet only) $35 MECOOL M8S Pro+ running LibreELEC Kodi Krypton combined with a $4 USB CSR Bluetooth Dongle and a really nice $11 Xiaomi BT remote. TV viewing on it is superb, streaming from my Dual Tuner Networked TvHeadend server.
Makes for a decent, fast Kodi setup.
Nice setup! Out of curiosity, on what hardware do you host your dual tuner tvheadend server?
You can use the exact same AML S9xx device if you wanted to with a @kszaq LE image - you just have to research the LE AML Sub-forum for a working USB TV Tuner setup for your particular part of the world. Dual USB tuners (independent internal DVB adapters) are the best.

I use a dirt cheap PS3 PlayTV DVB-T dual tuner.

A TvHeadend server does not consume many system resources at all when running/recording - Linux/LibreELEC is lean and mean !

The higher priced AMLogic S9xx devices, especially those from well know brands like WeTek, ODROID, MINIX (Vero 4K likely as well) come with faster and higher quality RAM and faster Samsung eMMC flash storage. And they will also be more reliable.

You basically get what you pay for.

• 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28