START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated January 2020)
(2017-11-06, 15:15)Haohmaru Wrote: As I see you recommend AMLogic S905X, S905D and S912 devices so the Odroid C2 is out as it's only S905. I really was looking forward to buy this maily because the gigabit lan which is something the Vero 4K doesn't have. I wonder if 100Mbit is enogh for 4K bluray remuxes when I will be able to decrypt them legally in the future.

I was in the same boat as you and Wrxstasy helped me out a bunch. I ended up splurging a bit on the Minix Neo U9-H and it is as amazing as everyone says it is. I took the riskier route and installed LibreElec to Internal memory but everything worked out fine and the remote works 100% after I installed LibreElec over the original android OS.

Theres only minor issues right now. The first being that I think my ethernet port is super sensitive on my Minix box. I have two cats that scuffle quite a bit and one of them likes to run behind the tv (I just moved...most things are on the floor). 99% of the time, they will bump the cable the Minix box just disconnects and then I have to play a game of plugging and unplugging to get it connected again. I'll put it up soon where it wont be disturbed. Im not returning it over that.

I know its not my wallport or the cable because I used to have a Mibox in the same spot as the Minix box hooked up to the same cable through an adapter(with the same cats!) and it wasnt an issue.

Other issue is I cant for the life of me figure out how to get my PS4 controller to pair with the Minix box. I know it has BT because I looked it up before buying. It just wont see it. I'll figure it out.

UPDATE: I got the PS4 controller to pair. My couch is not that close to the TV...but not that far either. The BT signal seems to be very weak unless you attach the antenna to the box. I didnt think I'd need it because I am using Ethernet...but oh boy! I am picking up all kinds of BT devices in my building after connecting the antenna.
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: 2x HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (Verizon FIOS), Emby (for Kodi), Plex, Radarr, and Medusa

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated November 2017) - by SheHateMe - 2017-11-07, 01:52