• 152(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
@everyone - Please take all further conversation about LibreELEC troubleshooting and installation to the LE forum please where it belongs. Wink

Sorry 'bout that Wink. Got 4K 10-bit and HDR working w/KM8 Pro S912, with 1080p/4K switching, but only on my LG OLED 65" (had already disconnected this display to sell, even though I love its PQ), but my Epson 5040UB PJ (back to PJ as I missed a big screen) refuses to display anything. There's something odd w/Epson in the way it handles 4K as even when HDR is working well, it shows it's getting 12-bit. nVidia Shield TV & Zidoo X9S play nice w/it, so will stick w/those, even if it means upscaling 1080p to 4K.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2017-11-20, 03:32)hdmkv Wrote: Sorry 'bout that Wink. Got 4K 10-bit and HDR working w/KM8 Pro S912, with 1080p/4K switching, but only on my LG OLED 65" (had already disconnected this display to sell, even though I love its PQ), but my Epson 5040UB PJ (back to PJ as I missed a big screen) refuses to display anything. There's something odd w/Epson in the way it handles 4K as even when HDR is working well, it shows it's getting 12-bit. nVidia Shield TV & Zidoo X9S play nice w/it, so will stick w/those, even if it means upscaling 1080p to 4K.
 Your projector supports HDR only at 4K@24 4:2:2 10/12 bits. You could try the echo command with 422 and see whether it works.
I read and reread the opening posts... am I correct in understanding that there's no available solution capable of:

4K HDR/4K Dolby Vision + Dolby Digital+ Atmos for Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Vimeo, YouTube
Running Kodi

It's 2017 and still we struggle. What a sorry mess. Sad
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2017-11-20, 03:32)hdmkv Wrote: ...... but my Epson 5040UB PJ ....
 Just bought this Epson Projector. Any settings I should use?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

I'm still experimenting with settings compiled here from experts at AVSForum (at least one is an ISF calibrator).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2017-11-20, 16:23)hdmkv Wrote: I'm still experimenting with settings compiled here from experts at AVSForum (at least one is an ISF calibrator).
 Thx for the link. appreciate it.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

(2017-11-20, 03:59)wesk05 Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 03:32)hdmkv Wrote: Sorry 'bout that Wink. Got 4K 10-bit and HDR working w/KM8 Pro S912, with 1080p/4K switching, but only on my LG OLED 65" (had already disconnected this display to sell, even though I love its PQ), but my Epson 5040UB PJ (back to PJ as I missed a big screen) refuses to display anything. There's something odd w/Epson in the way it handles 4K as even when HDR is working well, it shows it's getting 12-bit. nVidia Shield TV & Zidoo X9S play nice w/it, so will stick w/those, even if it means upscaling 1080p to 4K.
 Your projector supports HDR only at 4K@24 4:2:2 10/12 bits. You could try the echo command with 422 and see whether it works.  
Tried and I get a green tinted UI and resolution that maxes out at 1080p, no 4K. Also tried forcing LE to 4:2:2 12bit. Thanks anyway.
With the Amazon Fire TV Stick being £24.99 is it worth buying one of these to run Kodi on? I only need to be able to play occasional netflix and occasional 720p/1080p content, nothing spectacular. I don't mind sideloading the app, I did it on my Amazon Fire TV until it died.
(2017-11-20, 15:52)ashlar Wrote: I read and reread the opening posts... am I correct in understanding that there's no available solution capable of:

4K HDR/4K Dolby Vision + Dolby Digital+ Atmos for Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Vimeo, YouTube
Running Kodi

It's 2017 and still we struggle. What a sorry mess. Sad
Sorry, the above was a question but I forgot the question mark. Am I correct in my understanding? That we still lack a "complete" quality solution?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
As of late November 2017, MINIX U9-H seems to be the most common recommendation for people who own 4K TVs and are willing to spend a little bit of money.  However, I am turned off by the sheer ugliness of the U9 remote.  Should I just replace it with the Xiaomi remote or would I be losing a lot of controls, since the Mi remote has considerably fewer buttons.  Are there better alternatives?  I am not a fan of Harmony remotes either.
To each their own. I would not consider the MINIX Wireless remotes ugly.

If you want to use Dual Boot LibreELEC / Android devices like the AMLogic S9xx series of Hardware properly then a USB dongle Wireless remote is needed otherwise you have to re-pair Bluetooth remotes (like the Xiaomi) every time you switch to the other Operating System.

Touchscreen/Mobile Android OS devices like the MINIX hardware actually need to use a Wireless Air Mouse remote otherwise how do you expect to use touchscreen/tablet Apps without one ?

The MINIX remote - Mini Keyboard after long term usage comes in really handy too for real quick Kodi Keyboard shortcuts once you know a few Kodi Keyboard commands.
The MINIX A2 lite is actually one of my favourite Wireless Keyboard remotes - even for Android TV - especially if you want to do some minor Web Browsing.

If using LibreELEC only then a simple $14 aftermarket Xiaomi BT remote works really well. I personally added Xiaomi BT support to LE and such a remote will work really well out of the box now.
The Xiaomi BT remote is what I now use on my LE ODROID C2 on a daily basis, because its really quick and the remote ergonomics are excellent. Smile

Can one put libreelec on a vero 4k and just use Kodi? I have on o droid c2now, but I want HDR. Just want Kodi, nothing else. Seems the Vero is the right box.

Ethernet GB
HDR
Auto res switching.

Right? Any suggestion for a better box?

Thanks.
Vero 4K+, Yamaha RX-A3080, LG OLED 77" B8, Ubuntu Server
Why not just use OSMC on the Vero 4K. Sam has finely tuned OSMC to run on the Vero 4K, and it just runs Kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It does actually work. There's support for booting from USB and micro SD out of the box to allow easy reinstallation of OSMC and to prepare for the upcoming Android release.
Installing to the eMMC isn't advised however, as you would need to return it to us to reinstall OSMC again.
  • 152(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28