• 155(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2017-12-19, 15:03)GranTouTou Wrote: Hello, i see all you post about kodi, i install libreelec on my rasp.... but of course not compatible with atmos.
I decided to buy a box, i bought x96 androidbox with kodi... BUT i really not happy of it... to lag with my movies on network.

so what can you recommand me ? thx a lot

sorry if it's a stupid question...
Use the Android App CPU-Z to find out if that X96 box has a AMLogic S905 chip in it.

If it does follow THESE instructions (click) to install LibreELEC Kodi Krypton to a microSDHC card or USB stick. LibreELEC will give you Atmos Audio if you have a S905.

All LibreELEC install help belongs in the LibreELEC forums please.

(2017-12-19, 18:04)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 15:03)GranTouTou Wrote: Hello, i see all you post about kodi, i install libreelec on my rasp.... but of course not compatible with atmos.
I decided to buy a box, i bought x96 androidbox with kodi... BUT i really not happy of it... to lag with my movies on network.

so what can you recommand me ? thx a lot

sorry if it's a stupid question...
Use the Android App CPU-Z to find out if that X96 box has a AMLogic S905 chip in it.

If it does follow THESE instructions (click) to install LibreELEC Kodi Krypton to a microSDHC card or USB stick. LibreELEC will give you Atmos Audio if you have a S905.

All LibreELEC install help belongs in the LibreELEC forums please. 
Yep it give i can select the option.. but the box lag... very ... my subliminal question is... maybe i haven't got a good box, what can you purpose me? 
thx a lot
Hmm, anyone stumbled across Khadas Vim2 Max? Seems like a device with good specs and great potential.
(2017-12-23, 14:37)gurusev Wrote: Hmm, anyone stumbled across Khadas Vim2 Max? Seems like a device with good specs and great potential.
 kszaq over at LibreELEC (& Khadas) forum have made some builds for Khadas devices.
My Odroid C2 is stuttering at 4k all the time tried wrxtasy releases and overlocking but it did not help.

Now i think its better to buy something better hardware. But  i am not sure what kind of hardware. I read the posts but i am unsure.

I need 4k 60fps with HDR and Atmos etc.
for the best quality available on the market.

Is there Hardware to handle this without problems?
How about a debug log (wiki) and a sample of a file that exhibits the behaviour.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Even tho @nickr above has asked for a Debug log this is not the thread to troubleshoot Software playback problems for individual hardware devices.

There is already a perfectly fine ODROID C2 thread and also a whole LibreELEC AMLogic Subforum for such help.

Sorry but I'm going to moderate any such posts asking for playback help from this thread going forward as they are off topic.

Post #1 already lists HDR capable hardware. For AMLogic you need a S905X or S912. The ODROID C2 is a S905 and is not HDR capable.

I agree wrxtasy,I should have pointed to another thread. Sorry about that.

Edited to correct spelling of your name. It gets me every time.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i buy a h96 pro plus for testing. Run Android 7.1 and Libreelec but it has same problems like the odroid c2.

Tried a Rock64 but same.

Is there any Hardware to Handle 4k HDR? 

Even my pc with gtx1080 is not playing it.
I strongly suggest you spend time bug busting that S912 with LibreELEC, because it definitely works with HDR content for a whole lot of people.
This is where you should be going for such help:
Click HERE

For S912 Android, try in Android Settings > Display > HDR > ON and you have hard selected a 4K2K screen resolution.

Android options were selected.

I tried few 4k Videos and also 4k HDR Samples from Kodi Wiki all have stuttering.
"Even my pc with gtx1080 is not playing it."  -- Suggests a problem with the file, or the video codecs on you PC, or your HDMI Cable isn't good enough for HDMI 2.0.

"I tried few 4k Videos and also 4k HDR Samples from Kodi Wiki all have stuttering."
What bitrate is the videos samples you downloaded?  
Try putting a video sample on a USB drive and plugging it into the TV, and playing it directly from the TV - just to make sure the TV plays them fine.

(Sorry Wrxtasy for the troubleshooting)
Anybody tried this with LibreELEC?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/YOKATV-KB2-PR.../333709080
Am busting my head to find a sturdy libreelec box to replace my RPi 2 since its annoying that it doesnt do h265 and have to unplug and replug the power cable everytime. Can I switch on and off(or maybe sleep and wake?) a box like Mecool M8S Pro L with an airmouse like the Minix A2 lite since the box doesnt have a hardware power button? Or do I need a box like the BB2 Pro? Do 905 boxes do this?Thanks a lot.
My U9 with LE and Android is handling 4k HDR Just fine (via local USB and throught network/NAS).
  • 155(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28