• 167(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2018-03-17, 15:30)lama0900 Wrote: what about these boxes? 

https://www.wetekbusiness.com/products/

can they be bought in the near future? or do they even exist at all?

Interesting boxes... What processor do they have though??SIRIUS SPECSHARDWARE
  • Core Processor    Quad core ARM Cortex-A53 SoC up to 1.5 GH
  • Graphic Processor    Quad core Mali450 + Dual core HiGPU / Multicore MALI 720
  • RAM    2 GB DDR4 RAM
  • Flash    16 GB eMMC 5.0 / 32 GB eMMC 5.0
 NETWORK CONECTIVITY
  • Ethernet    Yes
  • Wireless    802.11 B/G/N/AC, Wi-Fi 2.4GHz / 5GHz  
    Optional:   802.11 AC MiMo Dual-band Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz
  • Bluetooth    Bluetooth 4.0
 TUNER
  • Receiver    DVB-C/T/T2, DVB-S2 and ATSC
 SOFTWARE
  • Android Version    Android Nougat 7.1.2 and Android Oreo 8.0
  • DRM    Widevine and Microsoft PlayReady Optional: Verimatrix
 VIDEO AND AUDIO CONNECTIVITY
  • Digital AV    HDMI 2.0a (CEC,HDR,HDCP 1.1/2.2)
  • Analog AV    Mini Jack Analog AV Output
 DIMENSIONS
  • Housing    150 x 100 x 30 mm
That's why I was asking for this boxes  Big Grin Cool
Hello to all !
I have Beelink GT1 with Android OS and Kodi16. It is working OK fit few bugs about DTS-HD MA sound playback. All other Dolby and DTS are working fine
I am looking for good player with HEVC/4K/10Bit/HDR/1000 LAN (WiFi AC 5GHz also will be good options) and supporting new audio codecs like:
LPCM, Dolby Digital, DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X
Also will be good if it is an Android OS.

So can you suggest some boxes or may be there is a list, where I can pick up?

Thanks in advance !
You already have the required S912 hardware to give you what you want, simply buy a Sandisk or Samsung EVO Class 10 U1 microSDHC and run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton from it in a dual boot configuration:

[HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905D/S905W/S905X/S912 device (click)

[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912 (click)

Ignore the warnings, works fine.
Discontinued means stable Kodi Krypton. All help belongs over on the LibreELEC AMLogic subforum. Wink

And you will find all sorts of bug busted GT1 Android Firmware at - Freaktab Firmware - ROMs - Tools (click)

Thanks for reply. I don't want to use different firmware cause will lost my gt1 stock firmware, which I configure to works perfectly for me.

I download LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2-8.2.2.3.img.gz and gxm_q200_2g.dtb  - Gigabit network and 2G of RAM), I will write to card  microSDHC 32GB Class 10 U1.

Just couldn't understand how to make dual boot. Found this video and in end in the video he is resets the device.
Is there anyway to make device works with both, for example like grub or some other menu?

Anyway, can you suggest another device or some list of devices ?
Install this Reboot to LibreELEC App in Android (click) - to get LE up and installed the very first time to the SD card.

Need to reboot to internal Android > LibreELEC Kodi's power Menu > Reboot from Internal
Need to reboot to LE again, simply reboot the device via a normal Android reboot with the SD card inserted. No need to use the App.

(2018-03-21, 15:06)wrxtasy Wrote: Install this Reboot to LibreELEC App in Android (click) - to get LE up and running from the SD card.

Need to reboot to internal Android > LibreELEC Kodi's power Menu > Reboot from Internal
Need to reboot to LE again, simply reboot the device with the SD card inserted.
So if I prepare sdcard or usb (just for testing) this will reload to librelec, without "brake" gt1 stock androd?
Then libreElec can write to flash drive - saving settings and changes?
Yes internal Android remains untouched. LE is run entirely from an external SD card/USB stick.

Install from google play store "Reboot to LibreElec" and start it.Boot from usb drive but got this error screen.
Please seek help on the LibreELEC AMLogic Subforums because this is not a LibreELEC installation and configuration self help thread.

As I have already said you have hardware that meets your needs there is no need to buy anything else. You just need LibreELEC up and running.

New Intel NUC's
What do You think about them? i guess will be a good HTPC, and the price is ok.
(2018-03-22, 02:15)wrxtasy Wrote: Please seek help on the LibreELEC AMLogic Subforums because this is not a LibreELEC installation and configuration self help thread.

As I have already said you have hardware that meets your needs there is no need to buy anything else. You just need LibreELEC up and running.
Yes, you are right. Thanks for helping.

Anyway can you suggest me another device?
Before GT1 I have popcorn hour a110 which works perfect perfect. Just got old and no kodi support.
(2018-03-23, 16:00)netaccs Wrote: Anyway can you suggest me another device?
Before GT1 I have popcorn hour a110 which works perfect perfect. Just got old and no kodi support.
If you value picture output quality in powerful new hardware....
(would make a great companion device to a 4K HDR AMLogic S912 LibreELEC Kodi or Vero 4K setup)

Apple TV 4K = superior Apps support vs anything I've seen on Android TV. Excellent tvOS Firmware features for Frame rate matching and dynamic range matching for smooth video playback with correct color outputs. AND (this is really important) most tvOS Apps developers actually support these features. Set and forget setup.
Great picture output and upscaling. Fast device.
You use MrMC, a highly modded Kodi Jarvis for local networked video playback. You cannot add your own Skins or Addons to those that come pre-packaged. The App is nicely improving all the time in the hands of very experienced ex-Kodi developers. Plays anything you throw at it inc. 1080p Hi10P Anime. tvOS ATV 4K remote control integration is really slick. Smile
A Plex Skin is currently being added. I'm expecting more Skins to follow.
Apple tvOS Firmware updates and bug fixes running bi-monthly at the moment. Great support from Apple.

Downsides = no Atmos or DTS:X audio passthrough. All 7.1 HD audio decoded to lossless 7.1 LPCM for no loss in audio quality - you lose 3D Atmos metadata when this happens.
1080p YouTube only as well.
You cannot easily install a bug busted, stable version of Kodi Krypton - that's what a 4K HDR, Atmos capable AML S905X / S912 - LE / OSMC box is for.

** If you are a demanding user with a high quality large display and value high picture quality with the correct autoswitching & colorspace and bit depth outputs. Do NOT buy a NVIDIA Shield.

See the following thread for more details:

Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware (click)

The biggest mistake people make is trying to do everything with only the one media player - you simply end up with too many compromises.
The closest, Plug N Play - all in one box I've seen so far is the Apple TV 4K.

@wrxtasy (or anyone else) i already own a U9.

Do you know if Apple TV 4k would provide me better picture quality (HDR and SDR playback)? Or should it be the same?

I have a high quality display and value high picture quality.
(2018-03-25, 14:57)robertoafarias Wrote: @wrxtasy (or anyone else) i already own a U9.
Do you know if Apple TV 4k would provide me better picture quality (HDR and SDR playback)? Or should it be the same?
Using which specific Apps exactly ?
Apple TV 4K = mainly the highly modded Kodi Jarvis - MrMC or Infuse Apps ?

U9 = LibreELEC Kodi Krypton or Android Kodi Krypton ?

Better quality 1080p > 4K picture upscaling on the ATV 4K, but it needs to do that because there is No Auto resolution switching. If you want 4K content output as 4K you have to permanently run a tvOS 4K resolution or manually resolution switch.

LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on the U9 has auto resolution switching based on video content watched. So 1080p content can have superior picture upscaling hardware found in a modern 4K TV upscale all 1080p content to 4K, and then auto resolution switch to 4K when actually watching 4K content.

If you are talking Netflix and iTunes DolbyVision 4K - only the ATV 4K supports that sort of video streaming.

Please read THIS LE U9 post.

LibreELEC Kodi Krypton HDR10 playback test results are found over HERE all S905X and S912 LE AML distros use the same AMLogic Linux Kernel and produce virtually the same results.

It's really hard to split the two devices for picture quality, auto resolution switching narrowly put's S912 - U9 - LE Kodi Krypton playing back mixed 1080p SDR and 4K HDR video content in front due to being able to easily use a 4K TV's superior 1080p > 4K picture upscaling.

I use the Apple TV 4K for excellent easy to use Apps, like 24p Netflix and 24p Amazon Video and a bit of MrMC. Outside of the USA the ATV 4K has better International Apps support vs anything Android, especially for 25fps IPTV / catchup TV markets where you need device Firmware and Apps Frame rate matching functionality support.

And then LibreELEC Kodi Krypton for a full blown version of Kodi with all the self install Skins and Addons bells and whistles. Kodi Atmos and DTS:X passthrough audio - needed. LE on AML S9xx devices wins.

• 167(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28