• 180(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
gigabit is confirmed.
Check on osmc.tv website.
Intel Coffe Lake - i3 - i5 -  i7
Intel is ready with pre-built NUC desktops based on its 8th generation "Coffee Lake" SoCs. The cases of these NUCs are mosty similar to those the company debuted its low-power "Gemini Lake" based NUCs with, this March. The NUC8i3BEH, NUC8i5BEH and NUC8i7BEH, differentiated by Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 chips, respectively; come in larger cases to cope with the 28-Watt TDP. In addition to a bigger heatsink, these three serve up a 2.5-inch drive bay with SATA 6 Gbps back-plane, in addition to an M.2-2280 slot that has both SATA and PCIe 3.0 x4 wiring. The slimmer NUC8i3BEK and NUC8i5BEK, differentiated by lower TDP (15 W) SoCs, lack 2.5-inch drive bays. You still get a full-featured M.2-2280 slot.
Retailers hint at availability from the first week of August.

Lets hope that those will support 4K HDR in Libre Smile (not like 4005 and 5005)
Guys so far i've got a windows laptop set with kodi, and mpc-hc to play the files with lav filters and madvr installed. Since 70% of my video file library is sd content (and nothing i can do about it) hardware upscale is a must. If i do get an android box, can i get close results for 1080p/4k upscale for my sd content, and if so which box would you recommend if budget is not a problem, that can perform up to the madvr standards
I think low cost Ryzen APU's should be mentioned? Ex. 2200g, 2400g
(2018-07-27, 13:02)HomeDope Wrote: I think low cost Ryzen APU's should be mentioned? Ex. 2200g, 2400g
 You mean i should build a miniITX PC instead of the Android BOx. How small would that be. I want something that fits the palm of my hand like the xiaomi tv
(2018-07-28, 10:27)therock003 Wrote: I want something that fits the palm of my hand
There have been NUC like boxes with AMD apus in the past. Zotac I believe had/has them.
I'm sure there will be newer versions of them in the future.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/12319/zot...sed-sff-pc

Still no sign of it
(2018-07-28, 11:05)therock003 Wrote: https://www.anandtech.com/show/12319/zot...sed-sff-pc

Still no sign of it
 Will those ryzen support 4K HDR in Libre?
(2018-07-25, 17:56)solamnic Wrote: Veron4k+
Features same processor faster emc storage, higher clocked gpu, larger heatsink.
Gigabit ethernet.

So s905x still
 I thought there was a suggestion it was the S905D not the S905X?  The X has 10/100 Ethernet only, whilst the S905D has Gigabit (and the Vero 4K+ has GigE, and not via a USB 2.0 solution on-board as it hits >900Mbs). The S905D has pretty much the same GPU+VPU combo as the S905X which means it will have decent driver support.  

(The S912 is potentially more powerful, but has workaround GPU drivers which may not be supported under Kodi 19 - though that's a way away still)
Ok my head is spinning, please point me in the right direction

I'm afraid that my faithful Asrock 330 ION needs to be replaced with something new
I have a few (stupid) questions about new hardware...

Looking for hardware that can support H265 video
I don't care about 4K but I want SPDIF optical audio out to connect my receiver
From some hours reading it seems that AM logic is the way to go

What hardware will run LibeElec without booting into Android first
Can I still use my Logitech harmony remote controller ?
And are there boxes that start when powered (no need to pushed the power button)

Suggestions please for a model that will work for me
(2018-07-30, 09:26)Camella Wrote: Ok my head is spinning, please point me in the right direction.

And are there boxes that start when powered (no need to pushed the power button)

Answer Vero4K+

It runs a well supported fork of Kodi called OSMC

Boots straight into Kodi as soon as you plug the power cord in.

(2018-07-30, 10:14)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-07-30, 09:26)Camella Wrote: Ok my head is spinning, please point me in the right direction.

Answer Vero4K+

It runs a well supported fork of Kodi called OSMC

Boots straight into Kodi as soon as you plug the power cord in. 
 Thanks a lot that looks very promising
Will it run Youtube and Spotifi connect in Kodi (Raspotify or LibreSpot)
Because these 2 apps are all I want for now but I can't get them working on my old box
There is a YouTube add-on.
LibreSpot / Spotify can be configured as explained in https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/howto-spotif...spot/38348

Sam
Well I'm going for the Vero 4K, thanks guys
I'm back to this thread again after reading lots here, the 4K HDR hread also the Libreelec thread.

Whatever device I buy I would like to be able to Logitech Harmony remote and be able to play 4K movies - what would be the best device for this?
  • 180(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28