• 214(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2019-05-06, 16:41)Rubytux Wrote: What do you say about the Atari VCS?

Its Is supposed to support 4K HDR, i know Linux does not supports it yet, but it seems promissing.

Do you think it can be better than the Shield?
This one >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vVk61Lok-4
Why are we talking about Atari VCS in a media player thread? As far as I read, it does not have any multimedia capabilities.
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
(2019-05-08, 08:50)tmihai20 Wrote: Why are we talking about Atari VCS in a media player thread? As far as I read, it does not have any multimedia capabilities.

The new Atari VCS is based on a relatively new AMD Ryzen embedded SoC (either the R1606G or the R1505G?), and is said to have UHD HDR 60fps output support (i.e. HDMI 2.0a at a minimum?)  This bodes well for good media player functionality.
@noggin this would go into the hacking section. There is not much information about its OS yet. I do not trust Atari that much and the price is still too high for me, not to even mention availability in Romania.
Gadget enthusiast
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
There is another S922X SBC device coming!

The Khadas Vim 3 Big Grin

https://www.khadas.com/vim

It is soooo exciting. I just hope it to be under $99.
I've found this video of the ODROID N2 playing a 4k video under Linux and dropping frames https://youtu.be/dylc0GjeyM8?t=597 .  Can the S922X , like this ODROID N2 or Beelink GT-King, play 4k hevc x265 files without loosing frames?
(2019-05-16, 03:28)tumama001 Wrote: I've found this video of the ODROID N2 playing a 4k video under Linux and dropping frames https://youtu.be/dylc0GjeyM8?t=597 .  Can the S922X , like this ODROID N2 or Beelink GT-King, play 4k hevc x265 files without loosing frames?

of course it can. Current CoreELEC nightlies don't drop any frames
Today SteamLink is available for AppleTV Smile another + for ATV Smile
Hi Guys
Has anyone here used the Kodi Box MXQ PRO 4K Android 7 and above? 

Thanks
Hi all

Been looking for some small but good hardware to run Kodi.
Am I correct in understanding that I can buy an Odroid-N2 run Android TV on it.
Install Kodi and get Dolby 7.1 with 4K playback?
There is no Android TV (yet), but regular Android Pie for Odroid N2...

Although, you can have all you listed by installing CoreElec with Kodi 18.2 on this box, which will work better and faster than any Kodi on Android.
Even if there will be an Android TV build, you will still have the Widevine issue. I plan to buy a TV with Android and then use a TV box (possibly N2 with CoreElec) for playback of video files only. Android is definitely not suited for multimedia playback as any Linux distro is (cc @Memorist).
Gadget enthusiast
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
(2019-05-22, 09:58)tmihai20 Wrote: Even if there will be an Android TV build, you will still have the Widevine issue. I plan to buy a TV with Android and then use a TV box (possibly N2 with CoreElec) for playback of video files only. Android is definitely not suited for multimedia playback as any Linux distro is (cc @Memorist).
I suspect that there will not be any Android_TV build, as that needs Google certification. As for Widevine L1 I already have it on my LG UHD TV, so don't need it on any box player.
I was just trying to underline that an Android TV build for N2 would not be usable at all. The best way to benefit from Kodi is on pure Linux.
Gadget enthusiast
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
Thanks for all the input, I was just hoping I could eliminate an extra stage (Video Input) in my home theatre setup.
  • 214(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28