• 232(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2019-11-27, 15:30)Juno Wrote: Hi, is there LE/CE for Odroid H2?

CE is made only for Amlogic SoC.
can anyone comment about TVMC ,  a kodi fork having HD[both true HD and DTS HD] audio options in A95X F2 s905x2 tv box running on android pie 9.0 [? without android IEC implementation], when official kodi doesn't have HD audio options from oreo 8.1 onwards. How is it possible with TVMC ?
(2019-11-27, 19:09)tigersky Wrote: can anyone comment about TVMC

That is indeed a fork for which there simply is no support on this forum.
How things are possible (or not) with TVMC, you will have to ask the TVMC developers.
(2019-11-27, 19:52)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-11-27, 19:09)tigersky Wrote: can anyone comment about TVMC

That is indeed a fork for which there simply is no support on this forum.
How things are possible (or not) with TVMC, you will have to ask the TVMC developers. 
I know ,there will be no support and i expect none here for TVMC. since it's an android kodi fork, i want to know about the technical possibilities that anyone can comment. i use both coreelec kodi and official android kodi as per my need.
Any benefit with N2 over Ugoos Am6 with only kodi running on it?
(2019-12-08, 11:07)chilledhobbit Wrote: Any benefit with N2 over Ugoos Am6 with only kodi running on it?

The first and obvious one would be , the N2 with CoreELEC , on it will boot straight into Kodi .
(2019-12-08, 11:39)ontap Wrote: The first and obvious one would be , the N2 with CoreELEC , on it will boot straight into Kodi .

And the AM6 with CoreELEC won't?
(2019-12-08, 11:07)chilledhobbit Wrote: Any benefit with N2 over Ugoos Am6 with only kodi running on it?

The N2 is getting more developer support on the CoreElec team because its their preferred s922x device which is personally something I have learned to value more and more over time. 

But technically they should be the same feature-wise. Just make sure to get a second revision of the Am6.

(2019-12-08, 11:39)ontap Wrote:

The first and obvious one would be , the N2 with CoreELEC , on it will boot straight into Kodi .

And if you are using eMMC flash storage with the N2 you also get faster boot times, faster updates, faster backups, faster Metadata scraping.

There are also HDMI CEC benefits that work out of the box, due to the custom U-boot that is used with the N2. Such as auto power On & bootup when you turn the TV on.

Has N2 dual boot option android/coreelec? One should point also to this if this is a nedeed feature.
(2019-12-10, 12:52)antony23 Wrote: Has N2 dual boot option android/coreelec? One should point also to this if this is a nedeed feature.

It has dual boot option, in fact it has triple boot possibility/option. N2 can boot any of 3 different OSs residing on it, one from eMMC, one from uSD and one from USB...
There is an android version for n2?
(2019-12-11, 04:54)antony23 Wrote: There is an android version for n2?

This is nice and snappy if running from eMMC flash storage:

[ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 - Android TV 9.0 Pie for ODROID-N2 (click)

And you can tweak it for Apps auto Frame Rate Matching, see this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2891405

With virtually all AMLogic chipsets running Android 9.0 Pie - you only get 5.1 DD, DTS and DD+ audio passthrough.
You cannot stream HD copy protected, paid for video streams with any Android OS on the N2 because there is no DRM certs. or HDCP keys avail.

The Google certified Android TV 9.0 4GB Mecool KM3/KM9 can Dual Boot Android TV / CoreELEC Kodi.
Excluding Netflix, they can playback copy protected content using Android TV.

No Netflix App device approval with the KM3/KM9, but the Kodi Leia Netflix Addon should work due to inbuilt DRM and HDCP keys
However that Addon can be unreliable at times.

Hi I currently have a beelink gt1 but I want to get something better
I used beelink gt1 that boots straight into coreelec from a micro sd and I stay similar to that (coreelec libreelec osmc etc...)
But I am not sure what to get... For me its about a balance between quality and price.

The requirements that I need to have
- optical/spdif output so I can connect directly to and use my logitech z906 5.1 surround speakers. (as my screen does not have it)
- at least 1 USB 3 Port (I have multiple portable hard drives from which I play my content)
(and another usb 2 port for a controller)
- Ability to duel boot coreelec libreelec etc... (something officially supported?) and android etc... or boot only into coreelec etc...
- Something that is reasonably fast and responsive that can load the cover art etc... for my media quickly
- Wifi Stable but speed does not matter as much

The following would be more like bonuses not requirements as long as it does not add a huge extra cost
- 4K HDR etc... (I may consider a 1080p instead one but it would have to be a great one at a much cheaper price)
(Most content I watch is in 720p or 1080p but I do watch some 4K)
- 1000 LAN port (Not a 100% requirement but would be a bonus)
- Reasonably future proof / that I would use it for a good while hence the above two

I have looked at various recommendations on various sites
A lot of boxes sometimes does not have the optical spdif out which automatically rules them out.
Was half considering the ugoos am6, rev a or b? Problem is a lot of sites dont mention what rev it is.
Was conflicted with the price because the prices for it approach closer to 150 euros 
whereas I would be more looking in between 50 and 100 (if its really good)

I don't want something that is cheap cheap but I also may not necessarily need a premium product.

Happy if anyone has suggestions that would be great
Thanks!
UGOOS AM6 from a European Seller - €117.55 (click)

As far as I known all S922X devices from UGOOS are Rev. b

There is also the cheaper €54.25 UGOOS X2 CUBE (click)

Both have much wanted Gigabit LAN and Optical and will virtually play anything 4K HDR with HD audio passthru, especially if you use CoreELEC Kodi.

• 232(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28