• 237(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
Can anybody tell something about a direct comparison between the X96 Max and the X96 Max+ regarding Kodi performance (on heavier skins)?
I need a new box just for Kodi and Youtube(no netflix or prime) and was looking at these 2.

Mecool KM3 or Ugoos AM6 which is the best or is there another?
(2020-01-15, 05:55)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-01-14, 17:55)Juno Wrote: Thank You @Hi, i bought Ugoos X2 Cube box.  Its working on latest 0.2.7 version.
Have some notes.
1. One of my goals moving from Wetek Core to X2 Cube was to have HBO GO running. And it runs, but in same way as on Wetek. HBO GO runs only if WIFi is enabled AND ethernet is NOT connected. In Wetek there was an option to simulate WiFi while being wired. Anyone knows build for X2 with this option? Or i have to write to Ugoos?
2. Im unable to run NFS client. "Mount Error. Chceck data."
3. Im unable to connect via SSH to box. There is option root ON.

Anyone has experience or share with link to place i could find solution?

Those are Android questions and nothing to do with Kodi. Ugoos Android will likely find support over on the Freaktab forums:
https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-play...ers/s905x2

CoreELEC Kodi support (which can do both NFS and SSH) is found over on the CoreELEC forums:
https://discourse.coreelec.org/ 

Thnak You @wrxtasy 
I have just described issues one could have buying Ugoos X2 Cube.
Everything is working well except HBO GO. It requires simulated WiFi which is not avalable now. I wrote to Ugoos, but got no answer.

Thank You. Smile
(2020-01-18, 17:37)Juno Wrote: Everything is working well except HBO GO. It requires simulated WiFi which is not avalable now. I wrote to Ugoos, but got no answer.
There is a Kodi HBO GO_EU plugin that works perfectly on CoreElec/Kodi 18.5; streams in 1080p with hardware decoding work without problems. I suppose that there is also a plugin for other regions. AFAIK it works also in Android/Kodi version, but have not tried it, because for me everything works better in CE...
For HBO GO_EU more info here
(2020-01-18, 23:28)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-01-18, 17:37)Juno Wrote: Everything is working well except HBO GO. It requires simulated WiFi which is not avalable now. I wrote to Ugoos, but got no answer.
There is a Kodi HBO GO_EU plugin that works perfectly on CoreElec/Kodi 18.5; streams in 1080p with hardware decoding work without problems. I suppose that there is also a plugin for other regions. AFAIK it works also in Android/Kodi version, but have not tried it, because for me everything works better in CE...
For HBO GO_EU more info here 

Osom!
Ill try. Thx a lot! Smile
(2020-01-18, 23:28)Sholander Wrote: For HBO GO_EU more info here 

Its alive! Smile
I could not buy new box for a while. Inteface is like... Kodi interface.. bit old fashion. But navigating inside is suitable for remote (I prefer this so can manage aesthetics) not for airmouse. Smile

Thx a lot.
Hoping for some suggestions..
Currently running CoreElec on a old Wetek Play2 from the nand. It does the job fine but would like something faster/more responsive.
I have a Linux STB with hard drive running OpenVix so don't use the satellite port on the Wetek with TVheadend these days anymore.

The Odroid N2 with eMMC module looks like it would be a nice fit here, am i missing anything else? Anything new coming out this year with more bells and whistles which I should hold off for?, not in a hurry to change.
I would like something that could run Linux or maybe Windows (not particularily bothered as I use both daily, whichever has better hardware support currently). Multi channel sound output/support not likely to be a concern as currently I just use the optical out from the TV to my soundbar and wireless headphones receiver.
Thanks for any ideas.
Odroid N2 does all that, except run Windows. For different OS choices, apart from Android (runs 32 & 64 bit versions, as well as Android TV) and Ubuntu, look here
(2020-01-23, 15:02)Sholander Wrote: Odroid N2 does all that, except run Windows. For different OS choices, apart from Android (runs 32 & 64 bit versions, as well as Android TV) and Ubuntu, look here

Thanks that looks great, do you know if CoreElec can be launched from Linux (Debian would be my preference on that list) from the cli or the GUI rather than in a multiboot environment, which a quick google seems to indicate is more usual?
(2020-01-23, 17:19)Churada Wrote:
(2020-01-23, 15:02)Sholander Wrote: Odroid N2 does all that, except run Windows. For different OS choices, apart from Android (runs 32 & 64 bit versions, as well as Android TV) and Ubuntu, look here

Thanks that looks great, do you know if CoreElec can be launched from Linux (Debian would be my preference on that list) from the cli or the GUI rather than in a multiboot environment, which a quick google seems to indicate is more usual? 
CoreElec is a Linux distro of its own - optimised for Kodi.  You have to boot into it.
Anyone here have Kodi Netflix working in 1080p on their MINIX U9 box? Running into a key exchange validation error and not sure how to proceed next.
(2020-01-25, 22:43)venom7107 Wrote: Anyone here have Kodi Netflix working in 1080p on their MINIX U9 box? Running into a key exchange validation error and not sure how to proceed next.

Have you tried posting question on the Minix forum?
aa
(2020-01-16, 10:40)cooperman2 Wrote: I need a new box just for Kodi and Youtube(no netflix or prime) and was looking at these 2.

Mecool KM3 or Ugoos AM6 which is the best or is there another?

I actually have both of those boxes lol. I have a bad habit of buying too many boxes.

I prefer the Mecool (terrible name imo) - I bought it right on Aliexpress here, it was a bit cheaper than the Ugoos and seems to run faster but is overkill for what you're trying to do. Took about 2 weeks to get though. Matricom sells this stick called omnistick https://matricom.net/omnistick-linux-kodi-mini-pc/ which I've been using for the past week. Works pretty good (not for 4k stuff though) but it is super cheap. Works great for Kodi and youtube using the youtube plugin if that's all you're looking for in a box I recommend it. You could always get any cheap box really and load it with Libreelec too.
Kodi Enthusiast / Spontaneous Box Buyer / Wannabe Dev
[ Current favs: Fastest: Ugoos AM6 Android Box / Budget: Omni Kodi Stick / Balance: KM3 Android Box ] 
(2020-01-29, 04:27)jlordon Wrote: Matricom sells this stick called omnistick https://matricom.net/omnistick-linux-kodi-mini-pc/ which I've been using for the past week. Works pretty good (not for 4k stuff though) but it is super cheap. Works great for Kodi and youtube using the youtube plugin if that's all you're looking for in a box I recommend it. You could always get any cheap box really and load it with Libreelec too.

Whilst that might work fine in your house, and it will have a well sorted version of LibreELEC Kodi running on it - users need be aware it's 2.4GHz WiFi only.

2.4GHz WiFi in this modern era is easily subject to Radio Freq. interference from all sorts of Radio Freq. generating sources.

You really need dual band 2.4/5GHz WiFi for streaming stability.

Devices like the flexible 4GB RAM Mecool KM3 / KM9 pro can dual boot Android TV Pie / CoreELEC and have decent dual band 2.4/5GHz AC WiFi.

• 237(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28