•   
  • 258(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2021-01-08, 02:49)jimmcy Wrote: Hello;

I'm thinking of buying the ODROID-N2+ 4GB CoreELEC Edition.

Is there a "out of the box" remote whit keyboard that will work with it?

I currently have a minix u1 and is remote, will this remote (the one for minix u1) work with the odroid?

Thank you all.
I am using an oDroid N2, not N2+ and I also wanted a remote for it, but it became obsolete because CoreElec on oDroid N2/N2+ has HDMI CEC integration, meaning you can use the remote of the TV to navigate in Kodi running on N2. I think HDMI CEC is enabled by default. Any other remote with keyboard would probably need a separate adapter. I have personally tested THIS REMOTE with voice control (version G30 with Gyro) and I have ANOTHER in my wishlist. If Minux U1 remote has Bluetooth, it might work with N2/N2+ if you buy the separate BT adapter (it does not have BT or WiFi by default). Test the remote you already have and see how well it works, but don't forget to buy the BT adapter as well.
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 with CoreElec
Hello, first of all I want to thank the Kodi developers for all the great work you do. Big Kudos to you!

Now I would like to ask for some advice on a new media player which suit my needs. I currently have the Firestick 4K (great device but I cannot get HD Audio Passthrough with Bluray rips, specifically 7.1 Atmos) and also the Mi Box S with Android 9 (terrible about passtrhough, just PCM no matter what lol). I have a 4K LG TV and an Onkyo TX-NR545 receiver with Atmos Support.

So my needs are:

- Play my ripped DVDs with PCM/DD/MP3 or whatever sound it has (audio passthrough to the receiver)
- 4K playback with HDR (streaming apps and rips).
- Play Bluray rips with HD Audio Passthrough (with the Firestick I can get Atmos from Netflix addon at Kodi and from Prime Video app without problems). However I cannot get the HD Audio from rips. This is possible with a Lenovo NUC I have, which passes the audio flawlessly with VLC)
- Streaming apps certified if possible (Netflix, Prime and maybe Disney+)
- Gigabit ethernet is desirable, however I can stream 50GB MKV files without too much problem with Kodi.
- USB 3.0 port if possible
- If this can be done with Android TV SO, it would be great but not a must

I know that the Nvidia Shield ticks most if not all of these boxes, but I want to know if there are more options in a budget for my needs. I really appreciate your advice and time to respond. Thanks for the attention
  •   
  • 258(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.