"Parent" windows in keymaps
I hesitate to postin the dev forum as a non-dev, but I think this is my best shot at getting this documented. A little while ago I was looking at keymap.xml to try and clean it up a bit, since some of the window IDs (wiki) have changed and some of the documentation wasn't specific to keyboards, etc. I realized we don't have any documentation (at least on the wiki) about windows that are "parents" to other windows.

For example, "Global" is the top parent for everything. Most everything else is just a child window. However, "FullscreenVideo" actions will also work in "FullscreenLiveTV".

-Global
--FullscreenVideo
---FullscreenLiveTV

I'm sure there's probably others as well. I tried poking around in github to see if I could decipher others, but it's above my head. If someone can help me, or point me in the right direction to find this out myself, I would be glad to document the Window ID (wiki) hierarchy on the wiki. This would then be very helpful for the future v17 keymap.xml revision.
I think I found what I'm looking for. I can understand some of the parts in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...slator.cpp where it mentions "FallbackWindow", and it seems to line up with what I was talking about.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Parent" windows in keymaps0