IMDB Keyword
Hey guys -

The only mention of IMDB Keyword being possibly available in Ember was in this thread from a few years ago: (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1426005)

I have a huge collection of movies, and would love the ability for Ember to allow me to use IMDB keywords to be applied as Tags, or even as Genre - is there a reason development never happened? I looked into the DB Structure and there's no 'keywords' table.
Ember do only support manually added tags (Tools => Tag Manager).

In our opinion, the tags, keywords from scrappers are useless. E.g. Avatat has over 350 keywords like "epic", "fish out of the water"...
This will only blow up the database.

What do you think?
I agree with too many keyword argument - I noted on the feature tracker that it was abandoned.

For me the usefulness of tag / keyword element really comes down it's power for (re)discovery similar to genre, so taking it to it's logical next level, 'subgenre' like on this site (http://www.filmsite.org/subgenres2.html) is far more powerful than plot keyword.

Perhaps a step too far, but a curated 'Recommend Keyword' list would be immensely useful. I have over 1200 movies and discovery has become a real burden.
I suppose as a poweruser - scraping keywords give Power Users the option to do funky SQL stuff.

Here's a use case - I use 'Tag Manager' and it gives me the option to filter by plot keyword, I then use that to apply a custom 'Tag' or even in the filter on the main screen I could then apply a 'Genre'.
The only reason I use some other scrapers apart from Ember (as my primer tool) is ability to set my own tags. I agree that tags scraped are useless, BUT ability to set user's own tags, for me, is very useful feature. Especially if you want to use Smart Playlists or any other playlist add on. It is also in my media collection management indispensable tool in setting home movie collection.

I noticed that Ember does not read tags if set by some other scraper. Is that true or I am doing something wrong?

In the upcoming new version of Ember tags support will be on the same level as for current version - trough Tag Manager only and not as a separate editable field in edit mode?

Did I make convincing case to reconsider inclusion of tags support in upcoming version of Ember? WinkWink
Oh one more thing, Is there a way to delete tags through Tag Manager. I tried few times and they disappear temporary but as soon I restart Ember they all are there as they were before deleting them>
(2016-01-20, 17:32)calexicoca Wrote: The only reason I use some other scrapers apart from Ember (as my primer tool) is ability to set my own tags. I agree that tags scraped are useless, BUT ability to set user's own tags, for me, is very useful feature. Especially if you want to use Smart Playlists or any other playlist add on. It is also in my media collection management indispensable tool in setting home movie collection.

I noticed that Ember does not read tags if set by some other scraper. Is that true or I am doing something wrong?

In the upcoming new version of Ember tags support will be on the same level as for current version - trough Tag Manager only and not as a separate editable field in edit mode?

Did I make convincing case to reconsider inclusion of tags support in upcoming version of Ember? WinkWink

Well Ember reads <tag> fields in nfo and displays it in tag manager. May I ask what other scrapers for tags you are using? And can you check if those scrapers wrote anything in nfo of movies?
What you can do in the next version of Ember is to filter your movielist in main menu in Ember (i.e. by custom genre like "Found Footage") and then go to Tag Manager, select "filtered view" and then you can apply the tag "Found Footage" or "shaky cam movies" etc. to all of the filtered movies at once.
For now its not possible to set tags directly in Edit menu - you have to use Tag manager. I haven't integrated it in edit movie dialog because I think it requires a lot work like and the edit movie window is already packed with stuff, so not a lot of room to place new things.

Quote:For me the usefulness of tag / keyword element really comes down it's power for (re)discovery similar to genre, so taking it to it's logical next level, 'subgenre' like on this site (http://www.filmsite.org/subgenres2.html) is far more powerful than plot keyword.

Perhaps a step too far, but a curated 'Recommend Keyword' list would be immensely useful. I have over 1200 movies and discovery has become a real burden.

I agree that would be an awesome feature, but I don't know any scrapers/sites where we can scrape your listed subgenres?!
For example Im collecting subgenre "Found Footage" and already have lots of those types in my collection. I had to manually create the Found Footage subgenre in Ember because it isn't served by any scraper as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong).
(2016-01-23, 15:34)Cocotus Wrote: May I ask what other scrapers for tags you are using? And can you check if those scrapers wrote anything in nfo of movies?

TinyMediaManager and MediaElch allow me to set the tag I want (in single file or in bulk) and also write into Nfo files.
(2015-12-22, 13:59)DanCooper Wrote: Ember do only support manually added tags (Tools => Tag Manager).

In our opinion, the tags, keywords from scrappers are useless. E.g. Avatat has over 350 keywords like "epic", "fish out of the water"...
This will only blow up the database.

What do you think?

Media Companion allow to scrape all IMDB Keywords and it is very nice for creating filters and subgenres in Kodi

And yes it sux to have 300+ Tags per Movie

But for this it would be very nice to have a Whitelist feature. Adding Tags in a List which we want to be scraped from IMDB.

would be perfect.
Whitelist sound useful... I take a look at this.
I'm chastened to admit that my whitelist would contain 'nudity', and the resulting playlist would be named 'Smut' or some such. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB Keyword0