missing guide information
I currently have Kodi 15.2 Isengard installed on my HTPC running WMC as the backend PVR. I also have WMC server. My problem is I have guide info for channels when I use WMC, but when using Kodi a couple channels do not have guide info listed. I am running 2 HD Homerun OTA tuners. If I use the Homerun view the channel info also shows. I have tried to rescan the channels on the tuners and also WMC but they still do not show guide data in Kodi. Any suggestions or help? This is a deal breaker for me as both channels are the one we use and record the most. Another issue I have with the current Rovi guide is I can access strong TV signals from 3 cities surrounding my zip code but the guide setup only allows me to use one source. Is there any way around this? All the channels show up on the guide but I only get guide info on the ones from the allowed source. Before Microsoft changed EPG providers any channels that my tuners picked up had guide data listed. Are their any workarounds to source guide data for all channels I can receive. I have searched the forums and WIKI but have not had any luck.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Whey you say a couple of channels don't have guide info, do you mean that channel shows up in the guide but its programs are empty? Or that the channel isn't in the channel list or the guide list?

I don't know the answer to your other problem, but since its specific to wmc you'd probably have better luck getting help on wmc forums.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2015-12-22, 19:07)krustyreturns Wrote: Whey you say a couple of channels don't have guide info, do you mean that channel shows up in the guide but its programs are empty? Or that the channel isn't in the channel list or the guide list?

Correct, the channels show up in the guide when using Kodi but have no guide info no programs show up. They do show the program if you use WMC instead of Kodi to vierw.

I don't know the answer to your other problem, but since its specific to wmc you'd probably have better luck getting help on wmc forums.

I actually think the problem is because of using Rovi for the guide information. I tried a free trial of JRiver MC and the same channels show no guide info because of the way Rovi scans channels.
Just realized that you never said whether these channel had drm, my guess is they probably do - as that would explain your results. By default serverwmc doesn't transfer drm'd channels since kodi can't play them (but it can schedule recordings). You can change this setting so the channels are display (see the Channels tab).

If they don't have drm, then I can think of any reason why they would show up in wmc but not in kodi. So if that the case post the serverwmc log.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2015-12-23, 05:29)krustyreturns Wrote: Just realized that you never said whether these channel had drm, my guess is they probably do - as that would explain your results. By default serverwmc doesn't transfer drm'd channels since kodi can't play them (but it can schedule recordings). You can change this setting so the channels are display (see the Channels tab).

If they don't have drm, then I can think of any reason why they would show up in wmc but not in kodi. So if that the case post the serverwmc log.

They are OTA channels coming in via antenna. No drm. This morning I did a channel rescan in WMC and picked a couple of new channels but have not had a chance to fire up Kodi today to see if they now show up. As for the channels that I can pick from surrounding cities that I cannot get guide info for I tried a couple of other zip codes and still can not get info for them along with the channels I can get info for. It is a either or situation. I will fool with it more tomorrow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
missing guide information0